Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 683 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #10231
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuf

from what I’ve been told McFaddens are mainly suppliers to the industrial companies and not so much the little solo garage mechanic. Their prices are pretty decent on some tools though. To bad they are 25minutes from me and closed by the time I’m off work. Better than Home Depot or Lowes any day.
I love McFadden's, every time I'm stuck for a specialty bolt, tool, fitting, spring, o-ring, or just an idea, they have what I need. I am definitely a shade tree mechanic too and they haven't treated me anything less than professionally.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #10232
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Looks like an old shack of some kind that collapsed. Now I'll quit being a smart a$$. There are little hunting shacks and sheep herders shacks all over in Utah. My guess would be one of those two.
Im just curious I thought it was a shed too but not sure of the pyramid shaped things. There are four of them stacked up.
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #10233
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We don't HAVE to do mojave! It's probably more of a fall/winter run anyway. Wheeler pass or burro wash? Something cooler maybe? Ideas?
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #10234
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I did Angel's Peak last weekend and was pleased at how awesome it was. The last two miles have 2000 feet of vertical rise, which works out to an average grade of 20% over that span. Some of that is flat, while some of that is much steeper. The traction was iffy at places, and I was grateful for the rear locker.
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #10235
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am going to Hesparia, CA Saturday morning.. FINALLY found someone selling a HT for my LJ at a decent price/distance.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #10236
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

people with dealer hookups if you get time can you see what the your cost is for this part # 55397075AC of course as one came in, the other side started to crack
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #10237
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I am going to Hesparia, CA Saturday morning.. FINALLY found someone selling a HT for my LJ at a decent price/distance.
How much you getting it for? I want one for the TJ, but everyone thinks they're made of gold with diamond hardware!
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #10238
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
being that close you should drive up through big bear. If you keep on going down the 15 a little bit further you can hook 138, then 18 and just come back through the back way from big bear into barstow.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #10239
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

How much you getting it for? I want one for the TJ, but everyone thinks they're made of gold with diamond hardware!
It still has wrapping on it from the factory.. $1500

Now I really gotta get on the ball and get the dust washed off of my old YJ full size doors and YJ hardtop so I can sell 'em and recover some of that cost!
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #10240
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

being that close you should drive up through big bear. If you keep on going down the 15 a little bit further you can hook 138, then 18 and just come back through the back way from big bear into barstow.
Yeah, but I am driving a near stock '94 Chevy 2500 p/u to bring it home on. I don't have the hardware or the manpower to lift/position an extra long top on my rig so the truck's a safer bet for this trip. Plus it's no fun to wheel alone.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #10241
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Are they including all of the mounting hardware too? If I had it to do over, when we bought ours, I would have gotten the LJ with the dual top option, that has both HT and ST, in rubicon of course! Probably sunburst yellow or our impact orange. And just for something different...right hand drive!
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #10242
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Changes coming to the site ...
clark-county-zone-map-1.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #10243
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Any one care to help get my junk back on the road this week? Free beer would be provided for labor.
What all needs to be done and where in the valley do you live?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #10244
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

What all needs to be done and where in the valley do you live?
He needs his carb rebuilt or tuned or something. Its kinda in an unknown condition from what I hear. He rebuilt the carb but can't get it to run.

You're a mechanic aren't you?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #10245
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Ahhh, probably will pass then. I am definitely down for a nice run, but all day for mediocre stuff doesn't sound like much fun; especially when I've got to leave town Sunday morning.
FYI for the entire road I put it in 4wd for one wash that was REALLY soft and also for one hill climb that was about 100 yards long. The rest of the mojave road was done in 2wd with open rear dif...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
people with dealer hookups if you get time can you see what the your cost is for this part # 55397075AC of course as one came in, the other side started to crack
Gotta pickup a part tomorrow on my lunch break, I'll try to get a price. What is the part?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.