Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 661 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #9901
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone have an extra XJ front driveshaft? Off an automatic?

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #9902
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So random question of the day to the beer drinkers of the forum.

How much beer have you consumed in the past year?

Me: just shy of 80 gallons at 75.25 gallons in a year.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #9903
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

Zip, zilch, zero ... but I guess the question isn't directed to me ...
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #9904
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Anyone have an extra XJ front driveshaft? Off an automatic?
Yeah actually I do have an extra front driveshaft off an auto XJ. Its actually just sitting in my shed collecting dust haha

PM if your interested
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #9905
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Uhhhm....you may wanna get that checked out. That can't be good for your guts. polka has you beat...75 gallons a week!
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #9906
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Hi guys I've been watching the thread somewhat. I had a bit of an issue that took my attention away for awhile. Took the hard top from my rig
But still a bit like a soccer mom - missed all your ghey/gun talk (super strange notion from this dem....)pls don't hate me !
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #9907
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Clearly I'm in no place to type - I meant. - I took the hard top from my rig - took me 2 weeks to get back in town to drive it.....
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #9908
sirhk100

I don't use google earth cause like me, not everyone has it downloaded on their computer but I'm pretty sure everyone that can see this has internet and is capable of clicking on the link to google maps. I use gps visualizer for my plotting stuff. One less thing to have loaded on my already super slow computer. And yeah, you probably shouldn't go check out the tubes. There's likely to be tour busses and lots of screaming kids with their dogs! I think there's a mini market there too now.

caution, this link involves adobe, if you don't have it, don't click on it cause it's difficult to click a couple buttons. lol
http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/upload/Cinder_Cones_SB_Bl_LowRes.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #9909
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Hey pwr, remember when we were talking about that you tube guy with the fake Russian accent and all of the latest weaponry? How the hell does he get this stuff? http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82475870/
His name is Kyle Something. He lives in Georgia. That's Georgia, USA. FPS is a character he plays for his YouTube channel and the Russian accent is an impression of his old boss. A used car salesman.

The channel started with him shooting guns he and his friends owned. Now that the channel is in YouTube's top 10, gun manufacturers and gun shops let him use their guns for his videos. Kind of like product placement or sponsoring.

Estimating from the hits his channel receives a month, he's easily making 800+ a year.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #9910
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

His name is Kyle Something. He lives in Georgia. That's Georgia, USA. FPS is a character he plays for his YouTube channel and the Russian accent is an impression of his old boss. A used car salesman.

The channel started with him shooting guns he and his friends owned. Now that the channel is in YouTube's top 10, gun manufacturers and gun shops let him use their guns for his videos. Kind of like product placement or sponsoring.

Estimating from the hits his channel receives a month, he's easily making 800+ a year.
How does a YouTube account make you money

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #9911
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There are a few ways. The two I'm familiar with are:
Click throughs
Partnerships.

Click throughs are just random ads placed on your page. A visitor clicks through your page and ends up at the intended site. You get a little change.

Partnerships are where the most money is made. It's like placing an ad on a TV commercial. Since his page receives millions of hits and can be seen over and over, the ad placement generates a bunch of income. I just clicked his page and watched a Ford commercial. There are TV shows that would kill to get a sponsor like that.

We know a girl who is in and out of Youtube top 50 channels. Her sponsors are mostly health and beauty companies. She's probably making close to a quarter mil a year.

There is a program with YouTube that can generate $1 to $3.25 per 1000 subscribed hits. Where you fall on that scale depends on who you are. If your page doesn't already have a following, you likely get can't on that pay scale. Since FPS Russia has over 2 million people subscribed to his page, we'll work it out at $1. His videos reach in excess of 200,000,000 views. At $1 per 1000 views, he would have made 278k. If he works on the high end of the scale at $3.25 per 1000 hits, $1,811,000.
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #9912
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Any popular stupid website or you tube hit will make you money. Just think about that gay honey badger guy. Just a dumb voice over now he's on Tosh.0 and sold the rights to a commercial. He make a BUTT load lol.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #9913
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So here is an interesting situation. Say you have your CC on you and are at the dog park when this happened. You see a man draw a gun and not identify himself as a federal officer so you draw yours and shoot and kill him. Would you be up the creek for reacting how you are trained in a cc class? That's obviously not what happened but it's a possibility. http://militantlibertarian.org/2010/...rk-no-charges/
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #9914
sirhk100

I'm not even going to dive into that situational conversation other then saying that the officer should be brought up on charges and it should be investigated.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #9915
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm not even going to dive into that situational conversation other then saying that the officer should be brought up on charges and it should be investigated.
Police shoot dogs all of the time. More than you think. Not all officers are cruel, and not all dogs in these cases are peaceful but there are enough incidents to make it obvious that there is a pattern. http://philosophyoffur.wordpress.com...-or-no-reason/

If you had your CC would you wait and see where that guy pointed his gun before you took action?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.