Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 659 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #9871
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Holy cow.. I leave town for a few days and someone cranks up the heat!? I gotta go wheelin again before it gets much hotter. My buddy Mike and I are itchin for some wheelin that isn't another Potato Ridge run. Any runs this Saturday? If not, anyone want to organize one for this Saturday mornin?

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #9872
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

With very few exceptions, I've had good contacts and interactions with police. I can relate to trying to keep the peace and have the same people you're trying to help take a massive shyt on you any chance they could.

I know the pressures of having to work within the confines of rules that could get you and your men hurt. I also understand how a provoked man in that position can snap and how easy it can become to lay morals down for just a moment and rage on someone.
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #9873
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
If the cops hadn't stopped him to check him out an then he went on a shooting rampage, the public would have asked "why wasn't he questioned? Why wasn't he checked out?" can't have it both ways.
Absolutely, they can't just ignore something like that. Since they received a call/complaint could they have asked him to move along because he was creating a public disturbance? That would've taken the wind out of the guys sails.. Public disturbances can range from doing a chicken dance in the nude while waving a dead rat in the air with a rotten pickle tied to your left ear to just sitting quietly and staring at people that go by and snarling at them when they get close..
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #9874
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Nothing going on this saturday, but it looks like the wife and I are headed just over the border south of Pahrump to explore a few mines. It's rumored that some areas of this mine are large enough to drive your Jeep in. Really excited about it!
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #9875
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

People don't realize that their individual rights stop at the next person. If something you are doing is infringing on someone else's rights, you cannot continue that behavior. Even though it's an open carry state, if people complain, you are required to move along and vacate the area.
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #9876
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I was yelled at by a guy in a wheel chair today. He was going in and out of an office building I was also inside of. I opened the door for him his first 4 times through the door just trying to help him since they weren't assisted opening doors. The 5th time he was coming in I was being helped at a desk and didn't see him trying to come in. He rolls over to me and starts to cuss me out telling me to get off my *** and help a wounded vet. I stood there kinda shocked then I started laughing because I thought he was joking with me. Nope he wasn't, so he really starts to go nuts. Come to find out he was in a motorcycle wreck 27 yrs ago. Not wounded in action and was in the coast guard. I've never been so pissed in my life. I was tempted to tip him out of his chair.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #9877
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It's the Coast Guard. Puddle Pirate.

Odd though that he would demand credit. I find it strange when people thank me for serving. "You're welcome." always sounds like a question after that.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #9878
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

The lava tubes are fun and I really liked the ring trail ... just wished there were more rings.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #9879
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Nothing going on this saturday, but it looks like the wife and I are headed just over the border south of Pahrump to explore a few mines. It's rumored that some areas of this mine are large enough to drive your Jeep in. Really excited about it!
That sounds awesome!
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #9880
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I have a feeling we'll end up somewhere else. We've been planning this for a while, but I had a slight health set back. I don't think she'll want me in an unfamiliar mine.

We'll probably end up in Goodsprings again or somewhere along the lake.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #9881
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Davidson, would you mind posting or sending the coords to the lava tubes?
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #9882
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I was tempted to tip him out of his chair.
See Robert Downey jr in due date!
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #9883
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #9884
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Put a bike lock on his wheelchair. Don't even try to hide it. It'll take him a few seconds to figure out what you're doing.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #9885
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
See Robert Downey jr in due date!
I dumped a paralyzed dude out of his chair off of the frot step of a bar once in Savannah. A bit embarrassing at first but rather satisfying.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.