Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 656 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #9826
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I had a rear shock bolt break too. I had to hammer it from the top to get it out. It would have been so much easier with an air chisel.

Unread 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #9827
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Unread 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #9828
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

What a moron for starting trouble but it is important to know your rights before submitting to what police ask you to do.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #9829
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I don't know if any of the rights and laws he spouted were accurate. What I do know is the video would have been much shorter if he just showed his ID.

I don't see the point of provoking a cop. I know plenty of cops in plenty of states. Without exception, all are good people. I suspect his motive was to say how authority is attempting to silence Ron Paul supporters.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #9830
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I don't know if any of the rights and laws he spouted were accurate. What I do know is the video would have been much shorter if he just showed his ID.

I don't see the point of provoking a cop. I know plenty of cops in plenty of states. Without exception, all are good people. I suspect his motive was to say how authority is attempting to silence Ron Paul supporters.
He was within his rights. He started getting too excited though and that is suspicious. You do not have to show your I.D., submit to being detained without cause, or answer any questions. It some states it's perfectly legal to walk around with a rifle. Is he was protesting then that's another story. I think you need a permit to assemble not clear on that.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #9831
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Act suspicious and you'll be treated suspiciously. Everytime I've been stopped, the first thing I do is tell the officer I have a loaded firearm and where it is. They usually ask me out of my Jeep at that point and I'm totally cool with that. I want him to be and feel safe. I'd much rather not give the officer any reason to escalate the situation.

If I ever felt like I was wronged by an officer, that's something I would handle later and formally. I wouldn't expect to win an argument roadside. Even if I was 100% correct, when the officers backup arrives, I expect them to side with the officer.

Here's how it's supposed to work:
Step 1. Be polite. Show ID
Step 2. Don't get Rodney King'd.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #9832
sirhk100

Quote:

Still the best bit he ever did IMO!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #9833
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Act suspicious and you'll be treated suspiciously. Everytime I've been stopped, the first thing I do is tell the officer I have a loaded firearm and where it is. They usually ask me out of my Jeep at that point and I'm totally cool with that. I want him to be and feel safe. I'd much rather not give the officer any reason to escalate the situation.

If I ever felt like I was wronged by an officer, that's something I would handle later and formally. I wouldn't expect to win an argument roadside. Even if I was 100% correct, when the officers backup arrives, I expect them to side with the officer.

I agree, it's no big deal to show your I.D. but it's your right not to have to. I think in some states you may be required to show I.D. or be arrested. I am foggy on that one.

Here, this applies in the Zimmerman case. He had the right to ask questions and expect not to have his head bashed in for asking them Can a police officer question me for no reason?

Quote:
Can a police officer question me for no reason?

A police officer, just like any other ordinary citizen, has the right to approach you and ask questions and at least ask to search you or your possessions. However, you do not have to answer questions or comply with a search. A police officer, nevertheless, has no duty to inform you that you have the right to refuse to answer questions or comply with a search. Consent is key here - if you don’t consent, the police officer has no right to search or ask questions. However: If a police officer questions you without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, don’t get too excited: You don’t have any right to sue the officer for damages. Again, the police officer - just like anybody else - has the right to walk up to you and ask questions. But - just like with anybody else - you have the right to walk away.
Quote:
What is probable cause?

Probable cause basically boils down to a “reasonable belief” that a crime has been committed or that evidence of a crime exists at the place being searched or that a suspect has committed a crime. Because a “reasonable belief” is a relatively fluid concept, probable cause determinations are based, in part, on a magistrate’s common sense as applied to the totality of the circumstances. In other words, given all the circumstances set forth in the affidavit for a warrant, including the truthfulness, credibility, and basis of knowledge of the persons supplying information, the test is whether there is a fair probability that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found in a particular place or that a suspect committed a crime.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #9834
sirhk100

Okay, I'm sold... Just drove supposedly the first 2012 camaro ZL1 here in town around the block. It's official!!! I want one!!! Where' the nearest bank to rob? LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #9835
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Okay, I'm sold... Just drove supposedly the first 2012 camaro ZL1 here in town around the block. It's official!!! I want one!!! Where' the nearest bank to rob? LOL
Just use your EBT card for a down payment.
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #9836
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Here, this applies in the Zimmerman case. He had the right to ask questions and expect not to have his head bashed in for asking them Can a police officer question me for no reason?
I'll wait until more facts come out before I start giving opinions on that case. What happened isn't as obvious pre-trial as the OJ case.

I did live in a neighborhood patrolled by The Guardian Angels once. If unfamiliar, they're the wanna-be cops in the red beret's. Self appointed crime fighters. I respect security guards more because someone asked them to be there.

The Red Beret's patrolling my neighborhood presented themselves like they had a right to stop and question me and I had the obligation to stop and answer. One of them slipped and fell off a short bridge into a creek. He was fine, but his ego was recalibrated.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #9837
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was just talking about the Zimmerman thing last night. The concerns is of the discussion was-two people effed up that night. Treyvon shouldn't have used his size as a perceived advantage and zimmerman had an inflated ego because he had a gun. There wouldn't have been an escalation if there was no gun involved. Two male egos got out of hand, and both men effed up.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #9838
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's what it'll come down to. Black vs. white. Just like with the OJ trial, opinions will fall mostly along racial lines.

It's all part of the Asian master plan. Chinpokomon!
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #9839
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Here's what it'll come down to. Black vs. white. Just like with the OJ trial, opinions will fall mostly along racial lines.

It's all part of the Asian master plan. Chinpokomon!
I guess they could find a white guy to take Zimmerman's place against his will just to give the blacks what they want.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #9840
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

my opinion is that there are far worse crimes that happen on a daily basis. The media turned this into a race war. If there was sufficient evidence, they would have arrested him on day one. But the fact of the matter is they probably believed that it was self defense. While I do not know the specifics, I do not in anyway believe that someone should be charged with something just to sooth the public opinion. This makes it no different than the Salem witch trials.

It is all about perception and the media knows this. Why else would they show a picture of one person that is 5 years old, and the other persons mug shot? the media sucks!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.