Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 651 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #9751
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think camping season is soon upon us. I'm down with a camping trip soon. Tonight sweatin my balls off at the in laws has made my mind wander to cooler elevated places. I've had the camping itch pretty bad since the beginning of winter. I think we should set something up maybe in a month or so.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #9752
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, if no one's planning on coming, please tell me now, I'll save the time, effort, money and food for another time.
We had planned on coming but like you say pwr, I would rather not get a cooler full of meat and beer ready for just 4 people.

I agree, being a Jeep enthusiast has it's perks. I have met a lot of great people through Jeeps. Having friends in 4 lo places
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #9753
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll have to check that. I've never had an alternator that's too hot. Welcome to the Official LV Jeep BS thread (until Marn deletes it and we all hop over to my alternate thread). What areas to you wheel at?
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #9754
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh ... and it was like 65 on Angels Peak this afternoon at about 3:30. Hardly wanted to drive back down.
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #9755
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well so far I have 4-5 for sure adults, 3 young people, including my family. If polka and mrs polka are coming that will make 6-7 people. 2 of the adults coming will probably not eat. If you guys wanna come, just bring your own meat and stuff and we can grill it. Or I can get a pack of burgers or whatnot. Just RSVP and let me know. I'm not going to have hurt feelings if you're not coming, I just don't want to buy stuff and have it go bad.
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #9756
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Powr ... wish I could make it ... next time!
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #9757
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Polka, good to see you tonight. Were you dancing?

I didn't want to commit on coming to Powr's shindig because I'm redoing my front shocks tomorrow. Going to try to get it done tomorrow and Monday. Fabbing new upper and lower shock mounts. Hopefully it goes well.

I would be down for a get together in a few weeks though.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #9758
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Well so far I have 4-5 for sure adults, 3 young people, including my family. If polka and mrs polka are coming that will make 6-7 people. 2 of the adults coming will probably not eat. If you guys wanna come, just bring your own meat and stuff and we can grill it. Or I can get a pack of burgers or whatnot. Just RSVP and let me know. I'm not going to have hurt feelings if you're not coming, I just don't want to buy stuff and have it go bad.
If the wife can get her stuff done we were going to hit the lake for a little bit then stop by. Can't stay too late though.
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #9759
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What kind of rifles are those roobicon and Dr. Marneus??
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #9760
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Hey Polka, good to see you tonight. Were you dancing?

I didn't want to commit on coming to Powr's shindig because I'm redoing my front shocks tomorrow. Going to try to get it done tomorrow and Monday. Fabbing new upper and lower shock mounts. Hopefully it goes well.

I would be down for a get together in a few weeks though.
Yea I did a little hoedown. I felt like I was on stage. Could you see me signaling with the flashlight?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #9761
ahuf
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I'll have to check that. I've never had an alternator that's too hot. Welcome to the Official LV Jeep BS thread (until Marn deletes it and we all hop over to my alternate thread). What areas to you wheel at?
I mainly wheel out towards boulder/lake mead since I’m off Horizon & 95. And I tend to wheel during week days since I’m a stagehand and end up working the weekends most of the time. As for a favorite spot I would have to say mid-state must keep quiet.

Any wondrous places you just love to repeatedly go time and time again?
ahuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #9762
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuf

I mainly wheel out towards boulder/lake mead since I’m off Horizon & 95. And I tend to wheel during week days since I’m a stagehand and end up working the weekends most of the time. As for a favorite spot I would have to say mid-state Nevada Great Basin National Park.

Any wondrous places you just love to repeatedly go time and time again?
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! KEEP THAT QUIET!!!!! Not a lot of people know about great basin. It's hardly ever crowded. Keep it quiet! It's also my favorite place too. Sounds ghey, but it's my happy place! It's just perfect. Wheeler Peak campground only though(10500')!
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #9763
ahuf
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! KEEP THAT QUIET!!!!! Not a lot of people know about great basin. It's hardly ever crowded. Keep it quiet! It's also my favorite place too. Sounds ghey, but it's my happy place! It's just perfect. Wheeler Peak campground only though(10500')!
Fixed
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #9764
ahuf
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I did a documentary trip up there and had a great time. Just wish it was closer.
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #9765
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I usually go camping there t least every other year. Missed it last year AND this year due to new kids(babies) stupid kids. when their old enough(next year) I'm going(.)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.