Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 648 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #9706
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We are already down to two or three for sure ins. I still recommend that we just do the BBQ thing at the house and kick it. Its going to be sure hot with tons of bugs and no one has a boat I think we could get a larger turn out at the house too, an probably be more relaxing, but I'm willing to give it a go, I guess.

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #9707
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If the lake were an all day event, you might have people trickle in throughout the day, but with so few attending chances are good the tricklers will miss everyone. Maybe reschedule until more can attend?

That's generous of you to offer up your home like that. I know it was work getting my manifold in, but it was a good time. It was like an episode of King of the Hill. Powr kind of looks like Hank.
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #9708
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sorry to say but I might be flaking on the lake trip as well. The wife is going to a baby shower now. I down with a reschedule or whatever.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #9709
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think a reschedule might be better too. Next weekend is looking a little cooler on the 10 day forecast. Or we can just play it by ear and see what happens.
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #9710
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Doing a BBQ at the house instead of the lake this weekend. PM if interested. Figure we'll start around 3ish?
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #9711
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Doing a BBQ at the house instead of the lake this weekend. PM if interested. Figure we'll start around 3ish?
Sat or sun?
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #9712
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Sat or sun?
Sunday around 3ish
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #9713
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Well, I like German polka and big cleavage so maybe this will have some good points.
I think they have big sausages there too... Enjoy.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #9714
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Hofbrauhaus pics. Here is the waitress that left black and blue marks on my *** with a big paddle. It was said that you could hear the impact out in the parking lot. I held it together on the first two swings but on the third she reared back and really let me have it. The wife said my face instantly turned beat red. The polka band was pretty good and funny. They had a beer stein holding contest and they made this poor kid wear that stupid chicken hat and do the chicken dance on stage for his b day.The guy in the back with the black shirt thought it was time to stand on his dinner table and do the Pee Wee Herman dance to the polka version of "Tequila".Food was sub par but with enough gravy it was ok. Beer was really good. Pretty funny time but way over priced.
picture-11.jpg   picture-12.jpg   picture-13.jpg   picture-14.jpg   picture-15.jpg  

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #9715
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My next project...new fiberglass stock for my M1A waiting for a new paint job.

Unread 04-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #9716
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
My next project...new fiberglass stock for my M1A waiting for a new paint job.
If you leave it blue, you can tell people it's blue tiger stripe camp for call of duty! See how many people roll their eyes at that comment! Obviously just kidding. Nice looking weapon you have there.
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #9717
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The auto spell on my phone really annoys me sometimes. Camp is supposed to be camo
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #9718
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I picked up a 4.0 Cherokee throttle body a couple weeks ago and finally got bored enough to look at it. People here and in other areas if this forum said it would work best if I widened the intake to match.

The 4.0 air in side is noticably wider than the 2.5 air in side, but the bottom halves measure exactly the same. When people said to port match, I assumed the lower end of the 4.0 throttle body would be larger than the 2.5 intake manifold. Even the gaskets match perfectly. Should I still port the intake since they are the same already?

When moving all the sensors over, there is a lip on the IAC housing that needed to be ground down. I picked up a grinding wheel for my cordless drill. It took a while, but I smoothed it down to fit. That little piece took half an hour. Porting the intake would take so much longer. I'd rather not if I don't have to.
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #9719
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I picked up a 4.0 Cherokee throttle body a couple weeks ago and finally got bored enough to look at it. People here and in other areas if this forum said it would work best if I widened the intake to match.

The 4.0 air in side is noticably wider than the 2.5 air in side, but the bottom halves measure exactly the same. When people said to port match, I assumed the lower end of the 4.0 throttle body would be larger than the 2.5 intake manifold. Even the gaskets match perfectly. Should I still port the intake since they are the same already?

When moving all the sensors over, there is a lip on the IAC housing that needed to be ground down. I picked up a grinding wheel for my cordless drill. It took a while, but I smoothed it down to fit. That little piece took half an hour. Porting the intake would take so much longer. I'd rather not if I don't have to.
Take it to a machine shop and tell them how many MM you want it bored to. Maybe they can put a taper on it an make a new butterfly.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #9720
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I think if it needs to be bored, I could just get a Dremel and do it myself. I'm just not sure if I have to bore it out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.