Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 647 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #9691
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I need some help guys. I need a mechanic that can work on a carb. every place I have been to want to charge $100 an hour just to diagnose. So please recommend a shop if you can. And I already tried to do it myself with no luck.
Bring it over and we can rebuild it or buy a new one or upgrade you to a different carb.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #9692
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Bring it over and we can rebuild it or buy a new one or upgrade you to a different carb.
I'll look through a crate I have full of old carbs as well. I may have something you can salvage for parts. Is oe a motorcraft? I'm not to familiar with AMC stuff. Also I believe it is a 2 barrel. Let me know and I'll take a look at what I've got.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #9693
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

It should be a standard 2bbl motorcraft.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #9694
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Ok so I hooked up the freon to it and had the ac set to high recirc temp to lowest. The clutch was engaged and the psi said 35. I added freon and the needle stayed at 35 clutch still engaged. I felt the ac out of the vents and it was cold this time. I kept adding freon and the clutch never disengaged. I turned the temp up to 77 and the clutch still didn't disengage or cycle. I put a little more freon in and while the can was hooked up it stayed cold but after I took the freon off the air coming from the vents warmed up a bit even on the lowest temp setting. This makes it seem like there is a nice leak someplace. The ac lines were very cold to the touch.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #9695
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Keep in mind that adding freon is a temp fix and you risk blowing seals. To do it right you need to have a vacuum setup so it does not have pressure when it is not running. This is the only easy to properly remove sure from the system
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #9696
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I got lucky and ran into a Jeep mechanic of 25years at the auto store that overheard me talking about the ac. He had great taste as he complimented the 5.9. According to him everything under the hood was working correctly and that the issue was with wither the ac controls or the blend door.
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #9697
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Except now you have an overcharged system. It's generally a bad idea to add refrigerant to a system without knowing exactly what your pressures are. Unless you have a manifold gauge, and/or a vacuum pump, you shouldn't add refrigerant. Most people who talk about freon leaks or being low on freon generally don't know what they are talking about when it comes to refrigeration systems.(sorry guys who used the term freon, I said "generally" so as to exclude present company). I won't pretend to know a lot about the ac system. You need to know how much refrigerant is supposed to be in your system, then evacuate it and start fresh if you don't have gauges. However you would also need to pull down a vacuum before recharging. Long story short, if it was blowing cold, refrigerant is probably not the issue. I'm sticking with blend door/s. they are notorious for failing in the Cherokees and Rangos. I have to do mine, but I'm going to find the aluminum ones. BTW, it's a serious PITA to do. The entire dash has to come out, heater hoses an ac hoses get removed, etc. I have the manual for the Rango, if you wanna see it, it should be very similar.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #9698
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I was using a gauge to see the PSI but either way it's blowing cold for now. Anyone been to the Hofbrauhaus? I am being drug there tonight for the wife's extra curricular work related get together.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #9699
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Im down to try and rebuild it again, how ever it comes down to installing it and tunning the bish to run. Hell for all I know I did the rebuild right but I dont know how to tune it to run right
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #9700
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
I was using a gauge to see the PSI but either way it's blowing cold for now. Anyone been to the Hofbrauhaus? I am being drug there tonight for the wife's extra curricular work related get together.
Polka you will love it. Lots of beer and lots of fun. My wife and I are going in may for a grad party.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #9701
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
It's very loud and obnoxious. It sucked! At least I didn't enjoy it. I was hoping it would be like "alpine village" that closed here years ago.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #9702
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Im down to try and rebuild it again, how ever it comes down to installing it and tunning the bish to run. Hell for all I know I did the rebuild right but I dont know how to tune it to run right
Sounds like a job for Marn. He's seems pretty dang good with his FSJ. He had that big B humming pretty good if I remember it right. Tuning carbs is a dying art. Not many people even attempt to learn about them. I'm no expert but you'll learn a lot.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #9703
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
It's very loud and obnoxious. It sucked! At least I didn't enjoy it. I was hoping it would be like "alpine village" that closed here years ago.
Well, I like German polka and big cleavage so maybe this will have some good points.
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #9704
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
it should just run if you rebuilt it right.

Quote:

Unread 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #9705
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not feeling well, so I need to take it easy for a while. I think it just might be this change of weather. Sucks that we didn't really get a winter this year. Maybe I'll get to see snow next year.

I won't be making it to the lake this weekend. I thought I got caught up with posts and I still don't know exactly where everyone is meeting. Calville Bay?

I already know how it will play out. Only half the people that say they'll be there will show up. On a hot day at the lake, all of them will refuse to take off their shirts.

Have fun, be safe and try not to sink your Jeeps.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.