Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 646 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #9676
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I can't cone over this weekend as I'm somewhat broke and I work unfortunately.

I know about a month ago it stopped for about 2 weeks and all I know of what I did was unplug the battery about 2 times in a day.

Hell it could be the cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Gas I use is Texaco, shell, rebel.

Unread 04-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #9677
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If tht injector is leaking, it could be super rich at idle, then under higher rpm and pressure, it may work correctly. If it has a partial blockage same deal except lean not rich. Both can cause backfire. With it being only one cylinder, it makes it a little easier to diagnose.
Unread 04-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #9678
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Could be any one or a combination of a couple. I have my stock injectors here somewhere i move it a couple of days so i packed almost everything. Ill have to dig them out.
Unread 04-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #9679
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What year is it again? I have a DRBIII scantool that can test individual components on Chrysler vehicles. It's badazz! Hit me up if you're free on a weekend or in the early afternoon, we'll test it with it if you want.
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #9680
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Its a 98' ZJ so its OBD2 if that matters lol

Yeah ill hit you up soon. What side of town do you live on powr? I'm on Jones and alta by CSN.

And derrick if its the injector maybe ill have to snag one from you here. Let me know when you find them.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #9681
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm at warm springs and Bermuda. It should work on your system.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #9682
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

OBA is up and running! Just need to trace down a small leak(no big deal) and tidy up the wiring an air lines. Perhaps bunny coul help, need tie wraps for that. Speaking of bunny, hope he's ok, hasn't been on here for a while.
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #9683
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think all that young open rear stuff over stimulated him. He just needs to take it easy for a while.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #9684
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

He's at the hospital. He says his nurse has weird boobies.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #9685
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I need some help guys. I need a mechanic that can work on a carb. every place I have been to want to charge $100 an hour just to diagnose. So please recommend a shop if you can. And I already tried to do it myself with no luck.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #9686
sirhk100

Sorry man, I've of no help on that one...

Off topic though, think about this everytime you fill up at the Herbst stations or toss some coins in their machines!
Notice there's a few pages...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/delta-yacht/9819-review-deltas-154-mr-terrible.html

I stumbled on that during conversation here at work while talking with a coworker about my experience getting to check out their toy box in Huntington Beach a few years back.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #9687
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/3...::rofl::laugh:

If you walk around with a bucket of fried chicken, you take your chances!
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #9688
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Sorry man, I've of no help on that one...

Off topic though, think about this everytime you fill up at the Herbst stations or toss some coins in their machines!
Notice there's a few pages...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/de...-terrible.html

I stumbled on that during conversation here at work while talking with a coworker about my experience getting to check out their toy box in Huntington Beach a few years back.
Lmao.... even when you come see me.
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #9689
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here I sit in my truck with the AC running listening to music and jeepforuming while I burn the extra 15 minutes I have between estimates.

forumrunner_20120420_095748.jpg

On a side note I've realized all the 7am estimates I have are always at least 40 minutes from my house. Gotta love leaving the house at 6am......ugh.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #9690
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Puck just ask I have some experience with carbs and it sounds like powr knows even more. I'm sure we can figure it out or totally f it up then you can worry about shop fees. And Greg knows what he's talking about.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.