Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 645 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #9661
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Ok so compressor is kicking on and off and the lines are cold but just getting lukewarm air. I noticed that next to the radiator where the ac line runs that there is a hissing sound after I turn the truck off. Leak?
Go to an auto parts store and get yourself AC leak detection kit. Should be $15-$20.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #9662
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think it may be the blend door.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #9663
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is the first summer I'll have AC in 5 years. I ripped out the Prelude's and the green jeep overheated.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #9664
sirhk100

power, I gotta drop some parts off tomorrow afternoon near decatur and 215 after work. Not sure your schedule but if you're around I could swing by and drop off those hood parts.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #9665
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Ok so compressor is kicking on and off and the lines are cold but just getting lukewarm air. I noticed that next to the radiator where the ac line runs that there is a hissing sound after I turn the truck off. Leak?
Not likely, if the hissing goes away, it's the system pressure equalizing. Chances are its a blend door. Supposedly there's a company that sells aluminum ones. Get them, the factory ones are plastic
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #9666
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

While wandering around in Marshall county (Alabama) with my father-in-law today we found the fabled jeep graveyard... for DJ's
image-3658877996.jpg   image-3004196156.jpg   image-967724107.jpg  
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #9667
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, there's some money there! If you could inexpensively move all of that here, you could make some dough. I wouldn't mind having one of those old USPS jeeps and restore it.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #9668
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

you could lift it, sleep dana 44's on there with some 35in wheels ...
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #9669
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep is pissing me off!! Getting a popping coming out of my ZJ and a check engine light for a misfire on cylinder 3.. it only pops at an idle (under 1200 RPMs). I.can floor it from a stop and it boogies and once over 1200 RPMs it all stops and drives like a ZJ should.

But I did find 40$ in a parking lot today
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #9670
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Jeep is pissing me off!! Getting a popping coming out of my ZJ and a check engine light for a misfire on cylinder 3.. it only pops at an idle (under 1200 RPMs). I.can floor it from a stop and it boogies and once over 1200 RPMs it all stops and drives like a ZJ should.

Bad injector?
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #9671
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Is it a 4.0?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #9672
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

No its a 5.2. A 1998.

And if it was a bad injector wouldn't it "pop" while driving also?? Or since its technically pushing more gas through the other injectors make up for the bad one(s)
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #9673
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not sure what year your Jeep is, but when I pulled the plugs out of my 05 TJ they were the worst looking plugs that I had ever pulled out of a stock car. Come to find out as a cost savings Jeep only ran 3 coil packs... thus double firing each cylinder per combustion stroke. So they wear out twice as fast. After checking your plugs I would look at running some fuel system cleaner through. If it is not those two quick/cheap fixes you will have to dig a little deeper.

Online troubleshooting cost $40 so fork it over.
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #9674
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Bad wires, cap, rotor, bring it to the house this weekend and we can dig into it
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #9675
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If I remember right the 5.2 is really picky about plugs. Also are all your heat shields on the injectors? It was warm today and if they get to hot the can cause a misfire but it is much more common on the 4.0. I agree with Greg check the plugs first. Could be injectors, bad gas, heat, wires, coils, distributor, and probably another million things. Good luck. Hahaha well at least you got the $40
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.