Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 644 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 04-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #9646
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Hey sirk100, I thought I saw your street bike at the Y but I couldn't fin you. Were you doing water aerobics today?

picture-7.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #9647
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

you know that you were sniffing that seat after you saw the old dude in gym teacher shorts pull up.

Speaking of the y, how do you like teaching underwater basket weaving?
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #9648
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
you know that you were sniffing that seat after you saw the old dude in gym teacher shorts pull up.

Speaking of the y, how do you like teaching underwater basket weaving?
I hate it. It's filled with disrespectful Canadian youths if you go at the wrong time.
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #9649
sirhk100

LOL, yes!!! An adult tricycle! That's what I usually cruise home trashed from the bars on cause I can't fall over!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #9650
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, the funny thing is if you get one with a solid rear axle, you are more likely to flip than if you only had 2 wheels. They are just fine until you try doing a corner at any speed, then it is bring on mr wheel hop. Most of the new ones come with an open diff, but if you get on an old one you better watch out.

now for your perverts

Most of the new ones come with an open rear end, but if you get on an old one you better watch out.
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #9651
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
haha, the funny thing is if you get one with a solid rear axle, you are more likely to flip than if you only had 2 wheels. They are just fine until you try doing a corner at any speed, then it is bring on mr wheel hop. Most of the new ones come with an open diff, but if you get on an old one you better watch out.

now for your perverts

Most of the new ones come with an open rear end, but if you get on an old one you better watch out.
Yea I've ridden a few of the newer ones. They don't make as much noise.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #9652
sirhk100

I rode a honda 200X ATC once. I couldn't keep it from trying to tip on me. I wasn't used to riding them either though. On the other hand, the guy that owned it had no issues and railed on it.

Unread 04-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #9653
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I rode a honda 200X ATC once. I couldn't keep it from trying to tip on me. I wasn't used to riding them either though. On the other hand, the guy that owned it had no issues and railed on it.
I rode one once and ate **** pretty good. I see them for sell occasionally for less then $400.
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #9654
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I tried a 3 wheeler when I was a kid before they stopped making them and it almost flipped on a turn. I was stupid and put my feet down only to have the rear tires take the skin off my calves.

So my A/C went from blowing frigidly cold to nothing all of a sudden on the way home today. I have had them slowly get warm over a period of time but not suddenly like that. Any ideas?
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #9655
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

check to see if your clutch is kicking in on the ac compressor. From from there you can figure our if it is in the Freon system(Leak, bad compressor or pressure switch) or if it is in the air circulation system (bad temp selector or selector door actuator)

I guess the big thing is was the air coming out HOT or was it just not cold
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #9656
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I tried a 3 wheeler when I was a kid before they stopped making them and it almost flipped on a turn. I was stupid and put my feet down only to have the rear tires take the skin off my calves.

So my A/C went from blowing frigidly cold to nothing all of a sudden on the way home today. I have had them slowly get warm over a period of time but not suddenly like that. Any ideas?
Did you check the pressure yet to see if you have any freon in it. Could be a clogged condenser but all of the sudden like that I would guess an o-ring let out. Possibly your compressor seized. Check if the clutch is still functioning correctly. Mine did that a few years ago and it needed a charge. The shop I took it to couldn't find a leak and it was good from then until it broke down.
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #9657
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Did you check the pressure yet to see if you have any freon in it. Could be a clogged condenser but all of the sudden like that I would guess an o-ring let out. Possibly your compressor seized. Check if the clutch is still functioning correctly. Mine did that a few years ago and it needed a charge. The shop I took it to couldn't find a leak and it was good from then until it broke down.
I haven't check the pressure or anything yet. I wanted some opinions before I spent money on gauges and freon.

It wasn't hot air just warm.
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #9658
sirhk100

I had the AC in my truck go in spectacular fashion 2 summers ago. Yes, that hoopty used to have ice cold ac believe it or not!!!

In a parking lot jump in and fire it up. Crank on the AC and white smoke just POURS out the fenders and grill and hood scoop! Flat out looked on fire! I shut it of and jump out. At this point I notice a fire truck is already parked behind me and a fire fighter is walking up already. It's been seriously 10-15 seconds at most. I'm thinking damn, this is service!!! He asks if everything is okay and I tell him I'm not sure. Pop the hood and more smoke pours out. Once it clears it's a mystery... Can't find any sign of it. I fire it back up and the excitement is done. I send the firefighter on his way. I turn on the ac and it's hot. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Pop the hood and look for oily stuff and finally I find a fitting that let loose. Later that year I did an engine swap and did away with heater and ac altogether. LOL

But like they said, look to see if the clutch is spinning. If so, probably lost an oring or leak or something. Unless it's actually pushing out hot air. If that's the case it's possibly just the control box or selector dealio.

Unread 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #9659
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

now for your perverts

That's why your supposed to drift around turns! Sheesh so many senseless injuries could have been avoided by simply pegging the throttle and dumping the clutch just before turning!
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #9660
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Ok so compressor is kicking on and off and the lines are cold but just getting lukewarm air. I noticed that next to the radiator where the ac line runs that there is a hissing sound after I turn the truck off. Leak?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.