Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 641 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #9601
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Rumor has it the picture is actually cropped but I've never seen confirmation of it. When we did that trail in the mid 90's it wasn't nearly that bad. The switch backs were a bit sketchy though. 3 point turns with a clutch where if you rolled forward to far it was over without question. It was never on an edge like that but a mechanical breakage or slip of the pedal could make things really scary or really bad really fast. At the bottom of the switchbacks was an old snow cat that had obviously rolled down from somewhere above and the mangled mess was creepy! I actually somewhere have a picture of my friends XJ at the bottom looking up the switchbacks with the water fall and house in the background that I blew up into a poster size. I should find it and hang it in my garage!
is that supposed to be on black bear in Colorado?

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #9602
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
is that supposed to be on black bear in Colorado?
Why's it gotta be black, you racist!
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #9603
sirhk100

You know, now that you say that I just assumed it was but I've never actually seen anything regarding the true location of that picture. And even more... I don't remember the trees being nearly that thick up there cause it's pushing up towards the tree line basically if i remember right. It was 15+ years ago we did that trail. I also don't remember the uphill cliff being that extreme either. So maybe it's just my mind putting it there but in reality it's possibly not.

Either way i need to dig out that poster sized picture and lay it out flat to get hung!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #9604
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This article lists that as the "Death Road" into La Paz, Bolivia.
http://www.tutztutz.com/2008/02/road-of-death/
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #9605
sirhk100

I'm pretty sure that picture was originally taken for an ad for warn hubs back in the 70's. Think warn was out running that road back then?

Unread 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #9606
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Dr, you're friggen insane!!! (funny part is I've actually been on this trail in colorado but it's wider now. Still was scary as hell even in a narrow CJ7! Someday I'll post pictures of our old CJ and my friends old XJ on it.)
While I do agree that that pic is likely doctored...its still freaking awesome.

Good ole FSJ's

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #9607
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

You are talking about the ported kegger intake and not the M1 right? The M1 will kill your low end.
I was thinking the F1 intake. I've read nothing but good about it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #9608
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I was thinking the F1 intake. I've read nothing but good about it.
I would PM RatMonkey before you invest in that. He has completely built his motor from the ground up and been through it all. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/r...-body-1346572/
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #9609
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I would PM RatMonkey before you invest in that. He has completely built his motor from the ground up and been through it all. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/r...-body-1346572/
I may rethink it after reading that. Ratmonkey is the man and I trust his opinion.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #9610
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have any experience with tire deflators? I was eyeballing the brass ones that advertise 3psi increments, and the currie ez deflator with gauge.
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #9611
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Anyone have any experience with tire deflators? I was eyeballing the brass ones that advertise 3psi increments, and the currie ez deflator with gauge.
I have the VIAIR deflator, it works great. Some guys use the ARB deflator it is super fast.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #9612
sirhk100

I bought these for my dad as a gift back when I was in high school guessing around '94. He used the crap out of them and when he got out of the offroad scene they fell in my lap and I use them too. They work great, only complaint though is your starting pressure has to be at least double what the finish setting needs to be. That's great and all but say I have them set to deflate to 12psi. Well I only run around on the street at like 22psi so they won't kick in for me. So I either have to inflate my tires more then I typically do or run them a bit lower in the dirt. It's not the end of the world and I work around it but it is something to consider depending what your street pressure is and desired trail pressures are.

http://aircompressors.oasismfg.com/v...ors?&forward=1

I've still got the leather pouch and little instruction guide and everything amazingly enough. LOL

Unread 04-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #9613
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I use my car keys and a tire gauge? Haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #9614
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

right now I cannot deflate that offten... I lose too much ground clearance.
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #9615
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

am I the only one to find it amusing that there is a "wranglerboard" ad on jeepforum? Whats next, is Taco Bell going to start hanging posters for Chic-fil-a

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.