Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 637 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #9541
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
First bike was a 97 kx125 lived that bike, then 02 cr 125. Im going to start looking for another. More than likely something older so the wife dosnt kill me when i break it. Haven't rode in a wile so im definitely going to break something.
My "loaner" bike is a '04 KTM 125. I've got $800 into it. It's actually a couple bikes that had everything needed to make one complete bike. LOL Because of that I have a rolling chassis I've been wanting to do something with. Need to find a motor to put in it. Maybe make a hardtail neighborhood cruiser or something out of it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #9542
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

did you get your fuel pump finished doc?
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #9543
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Hi Everybody!
Hola senior

Did you get my text?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #9544
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
did you get your fuel pump finished doc?
I surely did.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #9545
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Andrew are you running a pressure regulator setup with that? I have found with carburetors that the pressure can overpower the float and flood the engine. I would see about getting an adjustable FPR with a bypass and have it return back to the tank. From what I understand the constant flowing of gas will also keep the pump running cooler, thus extending its life.

On a second note, I am heading out and hopefully this find is as good as I hope. I might have a very lightly used soft top will all hardware and tinted windows for $250. The guy has a dual top and never uses the soft top.
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #9546
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Andrew are you running a pressure regulator setup with that? I have found with carburetors that the pressure can overpower the float and flood the engine. I would see about getting an adjustable FPR with a bypass and have it return back to the tank. From what I understand the constant flowing of gas will also keep the pump running cooler, thus extending its life.

On a second note, I am heading out and hopefully this find is as good as I hope. I might have a very lightly used soft top will all hardware and tinted windows for $250. The guy has a dual top and never uses the soft top.
I do not have a regulator, the pump puts out 5-7psi at the outlet, so i'm assuming it loses a bit of pressure as it travels (much like irrigation). It SHOULD be good to go on the carb without a regulator.

Not a bad idea though. Also, i dont necessarily need a regulator to recirculate the fuel. I could just install a fuel filter with a return line, like they did on later model wagoneers/cherokees, and plumb that back to the tank....though i'm not entirely sure how i'd have it enter the tank, because mine did not come from the factory with a fuel return line setup.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #9547
sirhk100

Just did a drive by at my house. The neighbors should be happy with the work that's being done today!

Unread 04-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #9548
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
though i'm not entirely sure how i'd have it enter the tank, because mine did not come from the factory with a fuel return line setup.
Adding a fitting to a fuel cell is pretty easy. I would imagine it would be similar with just a standard tank. They make AN fittings with a barbed nipple on it. Basically you just drill a hole and there's a nylon type washer that goes on the outside and the inside with a nut inside it. Hardest part is pulling the tank. Drilling the hole is easy, empty the tank though so you can make sure and get all the shavings wiped out. Make sure the main hole is big enough to squeeze your arm into though cause you'll need to be able to get a wrench inside it to tighten up the fitting.

Unread 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #9549
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Adding a fitting to a fuel cell is pretty easy. I would imagine it would be similar with just a standard tank. They make AN fittings with a barbed nipple on it. Basically you just drill a hole and there's a nylon type washer that goes on the outside and the inside with a nut inside it. Hardest part is pulling the tank. Drilling the hole is easy, empty the tank though so you can make sure and get all the shavings wiped out. Make sure the main hole is big enough to squeeze your arm into though cause you'll need to be able to get a wrench inside it to tighten up the fitting.
yeah, i know it would be easy to add one, but im not about to drop the tank again haha.

Quote:

Unread 04-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #9550
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just did a drive by at my house. The neighbors should be happy with the work that's being done today!
you didnt hire me? I'm heart broken!

nah just jokes. Trust me, i get told "no, sorry, I'm going with somebody else" every damn day.

Funny thing is, customers tell me the same thing from time to time as well.

Quote:

Unread 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #9551
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

well I just got the softtop. It was off an 08 so I had to hit the center of the header panel with a grinder really quick. And the drivers front door surround is broken. Other then that it is pretty much in perfect condition. Not too shabby for $250
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #9552
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone want this infinity basslink before I throw it on craigslist?
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #9553
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How much for the Basslink?
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #9554
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is something my wife found today during our adventures between CA and Goodsprings. Kind of hard to see, but try to focus on the brightest spots in the rock. It's really bright in the sunlight. We took it to a coin shop near our house to have it acid tested. It's silver. Not a lot.

Unless we busted it out of the matrix rock surrounding it, we'll never know how much silver. I wouldn't estimate the total weight to be more than a few grams. Since silver is still only around $50 an ounce, I don't see it as worth breaking up so it'll sit with the rest of our growing rock collection.

My wife sure has a nose for silver. I wish she'd tune it for gold.
2012-04-17_16-10-10_946.jpg  
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #9555
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Sorry about that poster sized photo.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.