Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 630 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #9436
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater View Post
Is it a complete set? I just got a hardtop and I was looking at putting my old thule rack on but the fit kits will cost me $150.
It is complete, you will just have to get the hardware to mount it to the top (Fender washers, nuts, & bolts) I can actually put it all the way back together if you want me to.

Unread 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #9437
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If I go, I'm heading out hollywood and taking dirt the whole way with hopes of skipping to toll booth.
If I remember correctly, that comes out before the toll booth, so you will still have to pay.

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #9438
sirhk100

Wanna put $$$ on it? LOL They can't really charge you if you never really are on the pavement...

I plotted this out last week. Don't 100% know if it's doable but from google earth it looks to be mostly washes, pipeline/power line roads and misc trails. Heck, might not even make it but might be a heck of a lot of fun trying! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #9439
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey polka, I think I caught you on the northwest side yesterday!

Traitor!
Sorry not me. Mine's more traditional. I think I am going to trade it for one of these though.
picture-3.jpg   picture-4.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #9440
sirhk100

Is that the lambo?

Unread 04-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #9441
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Wanna put $$$ on it? LOL They can't really charge you if you never really are on the pavement...

I plotted this out last week. Don't 100% know if it's doable but from google earth it looks to be mostly washes, pipeline/power line roads and misc trails. Heck, might not even make it but might be a heck of a lot of fun trying! LOL

that actually does look doable. Added bonus is that you will not go into the lake Mead recreation area until right above Callville Bay. I just know that they are pretty strict about going off trails there, esp with the turtles.
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #9442
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Is that the lambo?
Sure is. Ugly as hell but I would still drive one.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #9443
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lil project i started working on over the weekend....

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #9444
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
lil project i started working on over the weekend....
Yes, that was me at Flamingo and Mtn vista yesterday. Was coming home from Mt. Charleston. Took the mutt up there to let him burn some energy in the snow.

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #9445
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Yes, that was me at Flamingo and Mtn vista yesterday. Was coming home from Mt. Charleston. Took the mutt up there to let him burn some energy in the snow.
Oh, in the TJ?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #9446
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
that actually does look doable. Added bonus is that you will not go into the lake Mead recreation area until right above Callville Bay. I just know that they are pretty strict about going off trails there, esp with the turtles.
That route does take you through some unapproved routes, which could subject you to tickets and steep fines if caught. Once you cross into the Lake Mead NRA, you can only travel down routes on their approved map ....
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #9447
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Oh, in the TJ?
Yep that was me.

Unread 04-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #9448
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
BTW, I'm scared to see what the jeep forum would come with for a chick for me to date!!!
I imagine they would just put YSB in a miniskirt and a wig.

On the plus side, you could do anything to him you wanted. It is not like he would remember.
bugs-drag.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #9449
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
That route does take you through some unapproved routes, which could subject you to tickets and steep fines if caught. Once you cross into the Lake Mead NRA, you can only travel down routes on their approved map ....
Reminds me of a trail I ride on my dirt bike. BLM put a "no motorized vehicles" post in the middle of the trail where it crosses a major dirt road. This trail is hiking trail width and goes for about 18 miles across the desert and is burned in to the point that you can see that 12" wide trail on google earth. I asked BLM about it in passing once and they said if I was caught on it I'd be ticketed. My question back to them was why don't they post the no motorized vehicles sign at both ends of the trail. Nobody gets on where they've posted it... He didn't have an answer to it. I hate being told I can't go someplace when they don't even have the common sense to mark the trail accordingly for us to obey.

Is the trail from northshore down to the water line approved? Where's a map of approved trails in lake mead nra?

Unread 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #9450
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Yep that was me.
I had no idea. I'm not going to lie though, I was coming down the offramp and was all "I gotta get a look at that TJ" and tried to catch up to you.

did you instantly realize it was me?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.