Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #931
Solfive
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mikesw214: you couldn't be more right, Chicago weather just plain sucks. I grew up in Waukegan/gurnee, it seems like half the people I've met in Vegas are Chicago natives.

Solfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #932
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
I grew up in Antioch, I have a house in Palatine both are north of Chicago. I work for GM/ACDelco as a district rep. and semi- relocated out here in Nov last year, waiting on the home to sell in Palatine. As for why there are there so many Il people out here? To be honest, I have not met one. But have you ever lived threw a Chicago winter….If you have you would not be asking that question…lol
Hey i was just there a year ago for a week vacation...actually Arlington park.I hit all the good pizza joints like Lou malnati and Uno.Love the weather in July but im not gonna go there winter time.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #933
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
The mine was just befor we entered the Empire wash trail, I think Mr Davidson a gps trail on his web site for it. I will need to check my GPS to see if I marked it, not sure I did.
I have my GPS track for the Empire Wash Trail here:

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...ire-wash-road/
davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #934
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Sweet...Illonggos are Sweet and Calm(even if they are mad). Im not really familiar with the terrain in Negros OC. Im from Palawan, Puerto Princesa in Particular. the long Island SW of Pi. Any luck marrying a Filipina?
Im just here in Vegas, North side though.
The island of Negros is pretty mountainous. Would have been fun to have a jeep there, but I just had to ride the jeepney's. Didn't marry a Filipina, my wife's from LA.
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #935
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks for the coordinates, DL. Much appreciated.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #936
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
Hey i was just there a year ago for a week vacation...actually Arlington park.I hit all the good pizza joints like Lou malnati and Uno.Love the weather in July but im not gonna go there winter time.
Kinda funny I was back there 8/13-8/21 and I can hit Arlington park with a rock from my home. Next time your there order from JJ Twigs in Palatine and get the a double decker pizza. Not a true Chicago but a home town Fav! For a true Chicago find a Giordano’s or a Nancy’s for a true Chicago stuff pizza.
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #937
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did Wheeler Pass yesterday.

The Cold Creek side was a little Rougher that this spring some big rocks have washed into the trail

This guy just walked up stuck his head in the jeep looking for a hand out.
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #938
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Cool pictures. I went up and over the top about a month ago, and we didn't see any horses. My wife was ticked off at me, stupid horses got me in trouble. The road was a bit more challenging than previously, but still pretty doable. I met some guys in non-jeep vehicles heading back down who told me that they had to turn around before getting the the top. They looked my lifted Rubicon up and down and told me good luck. Silly Toyota drivers. Your Highlander is not an off road vehicle.
Unread 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #939
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

so was the the hardest part of wheeler pass? or was 4wd needed to get past it all?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #940
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

X2 with Puck81. I havent run the Wheeler pass yet. Is the Pic the hardest part of the trail? Tnx

Cool Pics.
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #941
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

The pictures show what I remember to be some of the trickier places on the cold creek side of the trail, and they really aren't that bad unless you're in a Toyota Highlander, but there are a couple of relatively long sections where the road is very covered with grapefruit sized rocks that aren't all firmly planted. I definitely had it in 4wd for that more than anything.
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #942
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I would not take a stock 4x4 jeep or a 2x4 up there any more. The Cold Creek side had some large rocks that hit my skids and I am now on 35". I would not call it hard as I would rocky...If that makes sense.

My buddy took this one it cracks me up
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #943
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh BTW the pahrump side was nothin/ 4x2 friendly.
There was a few rockier areas but I did not take pic's
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #944
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
The pictures show what I remember to be some of the trickier places on the cold creek side of the trail, and they really aren't that bad unless you're in a Toyota Highlander, but there are a couple of relatively long sections where the road is very covered with grapefruit sized rocks that aren't all firmly planted. I definitely had it in 4wd for that more than anything.
Most of them have grown up to be watermellon size now. lol
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #945
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was up there a few weeks ago, and I agree that more rocky than hard is a good way to put it. Long stretches with lots of rocks, a couple of places where you had to be careful. It would be hard slogging in 2wd, and while you could do it in a stock wrangler, if you knew what you were doing, it would not be ideal. I'm on 33s in a Rubicon, and didn't touch my skids, but I drove around stuff I would've gone over in 35s. Of course the Pahrump side was a piece of cake.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.