Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#1,221 ·
Because of DavidsonLaw the rip in my seat is now gone and ice cream is sweeter. :laugh:
Really ... I'm embarrassed by some of this. I told them that someone else was the one who found the video and that we were really just a bunch of guys who like jeeping and not some highly organized entity. I did get a kick out of them filming me behind the wheel ... I didn't even know they were doing that.

#1,222 ·
Just saw you on the news, DavidsonLaw. Not really sure why the news felt the need to protect the vandals identity. I really wanted them outed. What was your impression of the BLM? Do you think they'll follow up on this or just let the publicity die down a little?

I saw a few more comments on their YouTube page. Not very flattering.

Davidson, can I join your club? Will be get t-shirts? :laugh:

#1,228 ·
More adventures of YouStupidBunny. So, the wife and I headed south of Goodsprings today. When I stopped to disconnect my sway links, I noticed I left my gas cap off again. I lost the cap strap a long time ago and usually just set the cap on the tail light while filling up. I'm on gas cap number four so far this year.

This is the view we had as I unlinked and rigged a ziplock bag to replace my lost gas cap.

Attachments

#1,236 ·
Came across this guy next to a power line. My wife wanted to leave some water out for him in a bowl. I don't think he would have drank out of the bowl, so we kept going. It's not a kitten.
Be careful when you come across these guys. Don't get too close. This sounds weird, but they will get frightened and urinate which makes them dehydrated. End result would be death.

Just a FYI.

Looks like a fun adventure

#1,238 ·
Ok ... so here's one of the two features they did tonight. This one was in the 5 PM newscast. Feel free to make fun.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15508962/vandals-strike-historic-frenchman-mountain-site

I'm half tempted to design a "Davidson's Jeep Club" t-shirt, but I would hate to see where that would lead ... :facepalm:
I watched the one that aired at 5, I was not even surprised by the response from the lady with the BLM. I doubt that she has ever even enjoyed the land, esp with her response "We will just close it off to vehicles, but foot traffic will still be able to go there". It is almost like she did not even acknowledge that the people that tagged it, walked in, and they people that want to save it drive in...

#1,239 ·
I watched the one that aired at 5, I was not even surprised by the response from the lady with the BLM. I doubt that she has ever even enjoyed the land, esp with her response "We will just close it off to vehicles, but foot traffic will still be able to go there". It is almost like she did not even acknowledge that the people that tagged it, walked in, and they people that want to save it drive in...
That, as we all now, is the default position for most on the environmental left. Their answer to any question or problem, real or perceived, is to just close access. There are some cool folks at BLM who get it, but there are too many who don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.