Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 617 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #9241
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Looking on Craigslist for a notebook and 2 of the first 5 wanted me to Western Union them a deposit even though they say they are local, but the Countries where the funds will be picked up is Cameroon and Chad. Both countries border Nigeria. I can get a $800 notebook for only $200. That's worth the risk, right?

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #9242
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Nigerians are great with money. Look here this one could be the next president of The World Bank. Their nation must be very prosperous.http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/09/news...m?iid=HP_River
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #9243
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

People on Craigslist are a-holes. Lots of bait and switch scams there. "That one just sold, but I have another one you might like. It has the latest 3.25 floppy.".

or...

"Sorry, but I don't have the charger or recovery disks. I also forgot the passwords.".
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #9244
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
People on Craigslist are a-holes. Lots of bait and switch scams there. "That one just sold, but I have another one you might like. It has the latest 3.25 floppy.".

or...

"Sorry, but I don't have the charger or recovery disks. I also forgot the passwords.".
When we were looking to rent a house back east there were Nigerian scams all over. We went to look at a house and it was obvious that someone lived there. Their ads are like"Family out of country needs to rent home to trusting person while we are away." Then they will ask you to send them 200 dollars for a security deposit and they will send you the keys.

I always took the time to write to them and curse all generations of their family. I hear they are scared of voodoo.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #9245
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When we first moved here we rented a condo. Nice place close to the strip. The guy renting next door started running a Craigslist rent scam. We found his ad that said no credit checks. There were maybe 10 people a day coming to look at the place that would be available at the first of the month.

He did that for almost two weeks collecting cash deposits. He was even giving everyone duplicate keys. He probably collected thousands from that. The first of the month were exciting times there. People refusing to believe they were scammed got into fist fights with each other.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #9246
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

we heard about a bunch of scams here too. Everything from landlords going into foreclosure and still collecting rent to people that are renting a house, renting it out to someone else, collecting first, last, and security deposit. Then making a run for it. That is one of the reasons that we just bought a house so we did not have to deal with it, Esp with us having kids. Our one friend here just moved into her third place, first one had mold in the downstairs bathroom, they had to block off 80% of her downstairs for months while fixing it. The still charged her full price for rent. The house she just moved out of was in foreclosure.

My all time favorite came from a cop buddy of mine. I guess this multi million dollar house in Summerlin was foreclosed on. Some pimps moved in, made a fake lease, and run a little whore house out of it. The best thing is, the bank will not confirm or deny that the lease is a fake. So there is nothing that the cops can do because they have a lease.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #9247
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
we heard about a bunch of scams here too. Everything from landlords going into foreclosure and still collecting rent to people that are renting a house, renting it out to someone else, collecting first, last, and security deposit. Then making a run for it. That is one of the reasons that we just bought a house so we did not have to deal with it, Esp with us having kids. Our one friend here just moved into her third place, first one had mold in the downstairs bathroom, they had to block off 80% of her downstairs for months while fixing it. The still charged her full price for rent. The house she just moved out of was in foreclosure.

My all time favorite came from a cop buddy of mine. I guess this multi million dollar house in Summerlin was foreclosed on. Some pimps moved in, made a fake lease, and run a little whore house out of it. The best thing is, the bank will not confirm or deny that the lease is a fake. So there is nothing that the cops can do because they have a lease.
Electrical fire. Oops bad wiring. Problem solved. Or they can start sending job applications to that address. That should scare them off.
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #9248
sirhk100

I've had great success on craigslist and will continue to use it for many things. I guess I know how to pick out the BS and find the legit deals. I only purchase in person. I've rented a room off C/L when I first moved out here and it was a great situation till I bought my house. Super clean house, another dude about my age, clean and quiet. I also have found my current roomie thru craigslist which also is a good situation even if she has some retarded friends.

If I was renting a house though, I'd be looking to property management companies, not craigslist...

2nd to last thing I bought on cl was an amp/sub combo for my jeep. I thought I got screwed and it was blown. Turns out I just had a flaky wiring job myself. LOL So still to this day I've never been screwed from c/l and I've bought A LOT of stuff and sold A LOT of stuff on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #9249
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've had great success on craigslist and will continue to use it for many things. I guess I know how to pick out the BS and find the legit deals.
I wish I could read. I'm so jelly.
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #9250
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I use craigslist all the time. Like right now I am supposed to be meeting some girl behind walmart to have sex. haha. When I lived in Texas, we got drunk one night at everyone started looking through the personals section. Some pretty funny stuff in there, I could only imagine what it looks like here. I have bought and sold many things through craigslist. Heck I check the app on my phone several times a day. There has been more than once that something came up dirt cheap and I made contact within the hour. Heck I think it was less than 10 minutes from the time the guy posted until I had bought a poison Spyder rear bumper. I even bought my first Jeep from a craigslist add. There are good people out there that use craigslist for its intended purpose. But like everything else there are scammers that exploit craigslist. You just have to be cautious and always use cash in your transactions.
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #9251
sirhk100

YSB, it involves reading past the 1st sentence. We know you have that issue though. (although you probably didn't read that since it technically is the 2nd sentence.) Are you grape jelly? I like grape personally. But if there's apple butter, I'm all over that instead! Especially on sourdough toast!

Unread 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #9252
sirhk100

My parents sold their TJ last year on there in less then 4 hours.

Unread 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #9253
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I use craigslist all the time. Like right now I am supposed to be meeting some girl behind walmart to have sex.

You're obviously behind the times man! Everyone knows you use POF for random hook ups now! Craigslist is full of wierdos! POF is where the free ads for random, go buy a chick 2 drinks and nail her in the back seat are found now.

Unread 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #9254
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Jelly.

Unread 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #9255
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I wish we had more of a Chinese approach when it comes to handling criminals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.