Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 614 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #9196
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like fishing, I just already have too many hobbies and not enough money for all of them right now. How is the shore fishing at lake mead? I was thinking about taking my son one of these days.

Unread 04-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #9197
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Sadly he will probably win another term. Romney won't have the support of the minorities and he is terrible too. Not as bad as Obongo though. Santorum just dropped out of the running and none of the other Candidates stand a chance so a vote for them is a vote thrown away. We really need to get this guy out of office before he sinks the ship any further. Dark days are ahead. Lock and Load.

Romney may not be perfect but a heck of alot better than O. I hope the GOP and Indies can rally around him, but what we really need is more tea party types in the house and senate. It would make him lean more to the right when hes prez. I still can't believe dumb Harry won last time!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #9198
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If Romney takes Marco Rubio from FL with him, they may be able to get a substantial Hispanic vote. He's good too because he seems to be a straight conservative on a lot of issues. Don't care much for Romney though, but def better than BiggO!
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #9199
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

For the XJ folk: anyone need a Chile pepper red front and rear bumper? Getting rid of mine soon.

Also anyone need stock suspension parts?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #9200
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Callville wash
N36 09 17.8 W114 42 30.5
This is where we wanna do the BBQ. If you look on the map, where we were was actually into the water by about 300 feet. Water level is that low!
Enter this address in Google and follow the wash down to Lake Mead. Those coordinates are off by a couple hundred yards.

Calville Wash Trail
State Route 41A, NV 89040, United States
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #9201
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think the Mrs. and I may try out the new tent. Picking up some rafts too or we thought about just bringing the queen size air mattress. That maybe to much hassle though.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #9202
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

well if the current weather trends continue it should be very windy. I might bring something from a previous road rage incident, I have been meaning to dispose of this body for a while.
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #9203
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

summit racing is amazing, its nice having them in Sparks, NV.

I ordered a fuel pump (holley red) 20' of braided steel fuel line, a bunch of AN to NPT fittings, a fuel pump block off plate, and a relay kit yesterday at like 3pm.

It's on the UPS truck for delivery today.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #9204
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
For the XJ folk: anyone need a Chile pepper red front and rear bumper? Getting rid of mine soon.

Also anyone need stock suspension parts?
FWIW stock cherokee front coils will net about 1"-1.5" of front lift for a TJ.

I was running a budget boost on my 4cyl TJ, then put cherokee coils up front and rubi LJ hard top springs in the back and got another inch or so.

Befo (just BB)

Aftah (BB + chero springs)

So, they may be worth something to somebody?

edit: that actually looks like the rear wheel well, hmm, i had pics of the front somewhere.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #9205
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

sweet, sucks that they do have a warehouse in the state though because you have to pay taxes. I placed one order from quadratec a while back, had to pay taxes because they have a warehouse up near Reno, but everything shipped form PA. I was pissed. autoanything has a warehouse in Ontario and they usually get here quick as well.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #9206
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

well, if i bought locally i'd have to pay tax anyway, and i'm okay giving a lil money to education and supporting something in the NV economy.

Quote:

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #9207
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

very true, personally I am glad to see my tax dollars go to stuff like this.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/limited-eng...102279594.html

I would hate to see what the current cost is.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #9208
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

ha.

you know what I'm saying though.

Quote:

Unread 04-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #9209
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Obama jokes

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree...and think 25 to life would be
appropriate.
--Jay Leno

America needs Obama-care like Nancy
Pelosi needs a Halloween mask.
--Jay Leno

Q: Have you heard about McDonald's'
new Obama Value Meal?
A: Order anything you like and the guy behind you
has to pay for it.
--Conan O'Brien

Q: What does Barack Obama call
lunch with a convicted felon?
A: A fund raiser.
--Jay Leno

Q: What's the difference between
Obama's cabinet and a penitentiary?
A: One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers,
and threats to society. The other is for housing
prisoners.
--David Letterman

Q: If Nancy Pelosi and Obama were
on a boat in the middle of the ocean and it
started to sink, who would be saved?
A: America !
--Jimmy Fallon

Q: What's the difference between
Obama and his dog, Bo?
A: Bo has papers.
--Jimmy Kimmel

Q: What was the most positive result
of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper
stickers off the road.
--David Letterman
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #9210
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice, anyone wanting to do any trail rides this weekend? I was thinking about running angles peak from 95 to Kyle Canyon. I have never been that way before, but it does not seem like there are too many way to get side tracked.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.