1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9016 of Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,160
Any of you nuts try this? http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82431826/

PolkaPower is offline  
post #9017 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
nice, are you the one that left the quote "I bet Trayvon would have liked that one"

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #9018 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
nice, are you the one that left the quote "I bet Trayvon would have liked that one"
Hahaha I didn' read the comments, I'll have to go back.
PolkaPower is offline  
post #9019 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
davidsonlaw
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Has anyone here ever adopted a kid? Just wondering what the process was like. Cost? Wait?

Are you able to pick a kid?
We've gone pretty far down the road on adoption, and there's no short answer. It is often very expensive, and it is often a long process, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Happy to chat with you about it if you want.

http://www.davidson-law.net/blogs/jeeplaw/
davidsonlaw is offline  
post #9020 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Not sure on the king shocks. I'd be scared I'd be stuck with them for awhile. But if anyone else wanted to pick them up for their ride I'd be more then willing to rebuild them for you for free + cost of parts which would most likely be less then $20 unless they were really trashed but still less then $50. Heck, if you wanted to do it and learn yourself I could show you how. I even picked up a nitrogen tank this weekend so I can even charge them now.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #9021 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Here's the thing. We would want the kid to kind of look like us. Unless we start looking overseas, it would be difficult to find a half Asian kid. That might be cultural. For the most part, Asians have a strong family connection. It's doubtful there are many giving up their kids here in the US.

It's something we just started discussing since it doesn't look like it'll happen on it's own. Before we were married, we decided that we didn't want kids because we were both so consumed with our careers. As we got older, we decided we were wrong.

What really annoys me is when I see people that aren't good parents with multiple kids or when I hear about women who use abortion as contraception. We're good people. We should have kids. Bad parents seem to pop them out without thought or consideration. We just want one.

I have a cousin in the Philippines who is an immigration attorney. He might be able to point me in the right direction. I think our chances of finding a kid that looks like us would be better overseas.

The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #9022 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Not sure on the king shocks. I'd be scared I'd be stuck with them for awhile. But if anyone else wanted to pick them up for their ride I'd be more then willing to rebuild them for you for free + cost of parts which would most likely be less then $20 unless they were really trashed but still less then $50. Heck, if you wanted to do it and learn yourself I could show you how. I even picked up a nitrogen tank this weekend so I can even charge them now.
I have some PEP ATV shocks I need rebuilt. I would of course be willing to pay cash, beer, etc.

You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline  
post #9023 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I have some PEP ATV shocks I need rebuilt. I would of course be willing to pay cash, beer, etc.
He'll do anything for heroin. Anything...

The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #9024 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Here's the thing. We would want the kid to kind of look like us. Unless we start looking overseas, it would be difficult to find a half Asian kid. That might be cultural. For the most part, Asians have a strong family connection. It's doubtful there are many giving up their kids here in the US.

It's something we just started discussing since it doesn't look like it'll happen on it's own. Before we were married, we decided that we didn't want kids because we were both so consumed with our careers. As we got older, we decided we were wrong.

What really annoys me is when I see people that aren't good parents with multiple kids or when I hear about women who use abortion as contraception. We're good people. We should have kids. Bad parents seem to pop them out without thought or consideration. We just want one.

I have a cousin in the Philippines who is an immigration attorney. He might be able to point me in the right direction. I think our chances of finding a kid that looks like us would be better overseas.
How else do you think brangelina would be able to adopt? Overseas, because the US knows they would eff up our kids!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #9025 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
They seem to display their kids like accessories to outfits. Gotta admit though, those are some lucky kids. They won the adoption lottery with those parents.

The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #9026 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,160
Sure if you like having stinking liberals for parents.
PolkaPower is offline  
post #9027 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
They seem to display their kids like accessories to outfits. Gotta admit though, those are some lucky kids. They won the adoption lottery with those parents.
You want one that looks like this


That's my little mix breed after catching his trout this last weekend. Flip and white.

You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline  
post #9028 of Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Your kid looks good at math.

Where was that? I was just talking to Powr about getting a fishing trip together.

The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #9029 of Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Your kid looks good at math.

Where was that? I was just talking to Powr about getting a fishing trip together.
Utah just south of Duck Creek Village. It's a private pond though. Best fishing is Mirror Lake and Navajo Lake in the same area.
Math is his favorite subject in school. LOL

You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline  
post #9030 of Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I have some PEP ATV shocks I need rebuilt. I would of course be willing to pay cash, beer, etc.
Well, I've never done heroin but I guess there's a first for everything! LOL

I'll have to look at those shocks online. I've heard of them... For the most part every shock, truck, dirt bike, etc has been pretty much the same. I've done quite a few different forks. In fact I just did my first set of harley forks about 3 weeks ago. Funny how basic those are compared to dirt bikes! But shocks are all pretty similar but do have their own little nuances I guess you could say. Let me do a little searching and see what I can find out about Pep shocks and if they look like something I'd be familiar with tackling let's do it. (not that ysb!) You'll probably be amazed how easy it is and if you've ever paid someone to rebuild them you'll be pissed! LOL I know I was the first time I finally just said screw it and tore into a set myself! I felt ripped off I'd ever paid someone to do it.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 1352 Yesterday 04:50 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome