Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#12,021 ·
Thanks everyone! The jeep and gun money wasn't too effected by the first baby, but with two now, different story! If I'm lucky, they will either both like guns and jeeping, or one will like guns and the other jeeping. One can only hope!

#12,025 ·
davidsonlaw said:
Congrats to powr. On a related note, our Baby No 2 just got upgraded to Son No. 2.
Congrats!! What's with "upgraded to son?" after having my first girl, and seeing some of my friends' sons, and how much of a holy terror they are, I'm quite happy with girls....at least for the next 10-13yrs, then it's gonna suck (understatement)!!!!! I hear boys are terrors until about the same age and then THEY are the good ones and then the girls go rogue!! :laugh:

#12,027 ·
gregaf3 said:
ok pwr.. the fake owl did nothing for the pigeons.

I was looking at http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/spo/3018955765.html or this http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/spo/3038851380.html

It just looks like the second one has a little cheap scope on it. Would that be sufficient for some yard bird?
BB guns work but it is a lot of time and you have to keep up on it. Also one shot usually wont take them down. Owls don't work. The only permanent solution is to either put up spikes or chicken wire so they can't roost. Even poisons won't work as a permanent solution.

#12,028 ·
ksturgio said:
BB guns work but it is a lot of time and you have to keep up on it. Also one shot usually wont take them down. Owls don't work. The only permanent solution is to either put up spikes or chicken wire so they can't roost. Even poisons won't work as a permanent solution.
Amateurs!!! Ok, owls don't work because we don't have owls here hunting pigeons, so they don't associate them with danger! My bb gun has just iron sights, is a pump up type, and about half of the time, one shot will drop them and results in a kill shot!!! If you kill ONE on your roof or pick it up from the yard and Ross it on the roof, the carcass WILL keep them away for about two weeks!!! The dead body won't keep other birds away, just pigeons, and it only works for about two weeks then you'll need a fresh body.

#12,029 ·
#12,033 ·
Congrats!! What's with "upgraded to son?" after having my first girl, and seeing some of my friends' sons, and how much of a holy terror they are, I'm quite happy with girls....at least for the next 10-13yrs, then it's gonna suck (understatement)!!!!! I hear boys are terrors until about the same age and then THEY are the good ones and then the girls go rogue!! :laugh:
Upgraded from the unknown to one with a specific gender. :laugh: I have nothing against the fairer sex.

#12,034 ·
My manual says between 85 - 115 foot pounds or torque for lugs. If they are over tightened they can snap off when they heat up. Very very dangerous. I would imagine they are similar or the same throughout our years for Chrysler vehicles.

This happened to a buddy of mine when we went to put his lift on we broke all of our sockets on the lug nuts. The stupid monkey at the shop didn't set the torque on the gun and went at it full force.
I retorque mine as soon as I get home from the shop. Had to have a lug replaced by tire kingdom back in FL due to cross treading but it was way less hassle to have them fixed because I caught it shortly after they did the work.

#12,036 ·
So I got in a little over my head this weekend which a few of you who were out with me at potato ridge can attest to. I proved that you can in fact smash your skid plate up so far your engine rotates the fan into the shroud. :facepalm:

A big thanks to Chris from War Machines 702 who let me fix my junk in his driveway late into Sunday night. :2thumbsup:

We got things straightened out enough for me to drive home but the skid plate is so mauled that the part were the transmission mounts to the skid is no longer level and the transmission is now angled to the side. I figure this is probably not good so I'm in the market for a used TJ skid. Please let me know if you can think of anyone who might have one laying around. I'd love to find a used high clearance skid plate but I'd be happy with just a stock one for now to make sure I'm not tearing up my drive train. I don't mind if it's scratched and dented up, I'm pretty sure that it'll be better then mine! Thanks!!!

#12,037 ·
So I got in a little over my head this weekend which a few of you who were out with me at potato ridge can attest to. I proved that you can in fact smash your skid plate up so far your engine rotates the fan into the shroud. :facepalm:

A big thanks to Chris from War Machines 702 who let me fix my junk in his driveway late into Sunday night. :2thumbsup:

We got things straightened out enough for me to drive home but the skid plate is so mauled that the part were the transmission mounts to the skid is no longer level and the transmission is now angled to the side. I figure this is probably not good so I'm in the market for a used TJ skid. Please let me know if you can think of anyone who might have one laying around. I'd love to find a used high clearance skid plate but I'd be happy with just a stock one for now to make sure I'm not tearing up my drive train. I don't mind if it's scratched and dented up, I'm pretty sure that it'll be better then mine! Thanks!!!
Nice job! Pics?

#12,039 ·
That is why I generally let my wife drive through the wash while I spot her. I have a stock jku rubi and it makes it though just fine with a good spotter. Note to self, guys who have only had 1 Jeep that they bought with 35's and a lift already installed generally do not make good spotters because they have never had many clearance problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.