Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 602 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #9016
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Any of you nuts try this? http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82431826/

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #9017
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
nice, are you the one that left the quote "I bet Trayvon would have liked that one"
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #9018
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
nice, are you the one that left the quote "I bet Trayvon would have liked that one"
Hahaha I didn' read the comments, I'll have to go back.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #9019
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Has anyone here ever adopted a kid? Just wondering what the process was like. Cost? Wait?

Are you able to pick a kid?
We've gone pretty far down the road on adoption, and there's no short answer. It is often very expensive, and it is often a long process, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Happy to chat with you about it if you want.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #9020
sirhk100

Not sure on the king shocks. I'd be scared I'd be stuck with them for awhile. But if anyone else wanted to pick them up for their ride I'd be more then willing to rebuild them for you for free + cost of parts which would most likely be less then $20 unless they were really trashed but still less then $50. Heck, if you wanted to do it and learn yourself I could show you how. I even picked up a nitrogen tank this weekend so I can even charge them now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #9021
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's the thing. We would want the kid to kind of look like us. Unless we start looking overseas, it would be difficult to find a half Asian kid. That might be cultural. For the most part, Asians have a strong family connection. It's doubtful there are many giving up their kids here in the US.

It's something we just started discussing since it doesn't look like it'll happen on it's own. Before we were married, we decided that we didn't want kids because we were both so consumed with our careers. As we got older, we decided we were wrong.

What really annoys me is when I see people that aren't good parents with multiple kids or when I hear about women who use abortion as contraception. We're good people. We should have kids. Bad parents seem to pop them out without thought or consideration. We just want one.

I have a cousin in the Philippines who is an immigration attorney. He might be able to point me in the right direction. I think our chances of finding a kid that looks like us would be better overseas.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #9022
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Not sure on the king shocks. I'd be scared I'd be stuck with them for awhile. But if anyone else wanted to pick them up for their ride I'd be more then willing to rebuild them for you for free + cost of parts which would most likely be less then $20 unless they were really trashed but still less then $50. Heck, if you wanted to do it and learn yourself I could show you how. I even picked up a nitrogen tank this weekend so I can even charge them now.
I have some PEP ATV shocks I need rebuilt. I would of course be willing to pay cash, beer, etc.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #9023
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
I have some PEP ATV shocks I need rebuilt. I would of course be willing to pay cash, beer, etc.
He'll do anything for heroin. Anything...
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #9024
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Here's the thing. We would want the kid to kind of look like us. Unless we start looking overseas, it would be difficult to find a half Asian kid. That might be cultural. For the most part, Asians have a strong family connection. It's doubtful there are many giving up their kids here in the US.

It's something we just started discussing since it doesn't look like it'll happen on it's own. Before we were married, we decided that we didn't want kids because we were both so consumed with our careers. As we got older, we decided we were wrong.

What really annoys me is when I see people that aren't good parents with multiple kids or when I hear about women who use abortion as contraception. We're good people. We should have kids. Bad parents seem to pop them out without thought or consideration. We just want one.

I have a cousin in the Philippines who is an immigration attorney. He might be able to point me in the right direction. I think our chances of finding a kid that looks like us would be better overseas.
How else do you think brangelina would be able to adopt? Overseas, because the US knows they would eff up our kids!
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #9025
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

They seem to display their kids like accessories to outfits. Gotta admit though, those are some lucky kids. They won the adoption lottery with those parents.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #9026
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Sure if you like having stinking liberals for parents.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #9027
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
They seem to display their kids like accessories to outfits. Gotta admit though, those are some lucky kids. They won the adoption lottery with those parents.
You want one that looks like this

That's my little mix breed after catching his trout this last weekend. Flip and white.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #9028
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Your kid looks good at math.

Where was that? I was just talking to Powr about getting a fishing trip together.
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #9029
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Your kid looks good at math.

Where was that? I was just talking to Powr about getting a fishing trip together.
Utah just south of Duck Creek Village. It's a private pond though. Best fishing is Mirror Lake and Navajo Lake in the same area.
Math is his favorite subject in school. LOL
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #9030
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Well, I've never done heroin but I guess there's a first for everything! LOL

I'll have to look at those shocks online. I've heard of them... For the most part every shock, truck, dirt bike, etc has been pretty much the same. I've done quite a few different forks. In fact I just did my first set of harley forks about 3 weeks ago. Funny how basic those are compared to dirt bikes! But shocks are all pretty similar but do have their own little nuances I guess you could say. Let me do a little searching and see what I can find out about Pep shocks and if they look like something I'd be familiar with tackling let's do it. (not that ysb!) You'll probably be amazed how easy it is and if you've ever paid someone to rebuild them you'll be pissed! LOL I know I was the first time I finally just said screw it and tore into a set myself! I felt ripped off I'd ever paid someone to do it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.