Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 601 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #9001
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I met them all at a birthday party. Nice people.

Unread 04-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #9002
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Well, don't walk in the door holding a jar of peanut butter!
Who told?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #9003
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I know I don't post a lot here I mostly read the stuff but you should post up a couple pics and if you don't mind driving out to pahrump I can fix it I can also paint your honda and give you tour show car paint job

I can do it all as a side job or you can bring it in to my work at kustom kolors in pahrump either way me doing it on the side or at work I will be fixing and painting it
I have 20 years experience doing autobody

My only thing if I'm not done with the 70 nova I'm working on in my garage I will have to put a hold on it to get your jeep done
The guy with the nova won't mind its the 5th car I've painted for him and after the nova I have a scrambler a road runner and a jeep commander lining up for me to do
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #9004
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Who told?
Ysb said you brought peanut butter on Saturday and had some crazy look in your eyes. He said there was some talk about it, but wouldn't elaborate and looked away when he said "peanut butter" I think he may be allergic.
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #9005
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Looks like I have to drop my tank anyway. I've been getting the small evap leak code for a while now. Probably once every few months. I'd just clear the codes and be done with it for a few months. A few days ago, I had to get it smogged and reset the codes just before the test. It failed because it had too many open monitors. I didn't even know they checked for open monitors.

I drove it a couple hundred miles and got it retested. You're allowed to have one open monitor. Mine still had one open, but it was the catalytic monitor. The evap monitor was closed and fine. The very next morning, the CEL popped on. Code- Small Evap Leak.

Now, I could just go back to what I was doing and just reset it when it happens, but it seems to be happening more often than before. I know it's not the gas cap. I checked all the evap lines under the hood and followed them back to the tank. Nothing looked obvious, but I reseated all the fittings anyway just to be sure.

So, today is a tank dropping day. It's not a difficult task. It's just time consuming. Ok. Can't think of anything else to delay this, so off to the garage. Later, Jeeps.
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #9006
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb said you brought peanut butter on Saturday and had some crazy look in your eyes.
What happened in the mountains is between me, Andy and my therapist.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #9007
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That didn't take long. When I started to drop the tank, I felt some resistance and had to wiggle it loose. When it was free, I could see the vent tube was off at the Y-adapter. I put it back on and secured it with zip ties.

As I was tightening the last bolt, it occured to me that the tube may have been the one causing the resistance when dropping the tank and it just came loose in the process. That may not have been the evap code source. Now I'm second guessing myself and thinking about going back to the garage and dropping it again just to inspect everything else.

I think I'll just leave it as it is for now. If I get another evap leak code, I'll worry about it then.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #9008
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
That didn't take long. When I started to drop the tank, I felt some resistance and had to wiggle it loose. When it was free, I could see the vent tube was off at the Y-adapter. I put it back on and secured it with zip ties.

As I was tightening the last bolt, it occured to me that the tube may have been the one causing the resistance when dropping the tank and it just came loose in the process. That may not have been the evap code source. Now I'm second guessing myself and thinking about going back to the garage and dropping it again just to inspect everything else.

I think I'll just leave it as it is for now. If I get another evap leak code, I'll worry about it then.
Sounds like a good plan. I found some c clamps around here if you need them.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #9009
sirhk100

Quote:
Sounds reasonable enough! Why jump thru possibly needless hoops if you already fixed it! LOL

I'm scheming up some changes for my jeep next year. Something to save for and a goal to work towards. LOL My truck is pretty much done and I've got this race truck that's taking up probably the rest of this year so 2013 will be year of jeep for me!

I've gotta couple tweaking projects to knock out on it but those aren't too big of a deal. Gotta dial in my rear pinion still and I need to drop the transfer case, split it apart and reseal it. It's leaking from when I did my SYE install. I guess it turns out I was impatient and should've waited over night to fill it with oil... Whoops... The silicone didn't have time to dry so now it leaks. Bummer! Should be an easy afternoon type project though. Heck, maybe even this weekend depending on how long my garage cleanup takes.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #9010
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Sirhk, found this on CL. You're the only guy I know here who can rebuild a shock. Maybe something you can buy cheap and fix for resale.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2942744444.html
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #9011
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Sounds like a good plan. I found some c clamps around here if you need them.
I think I'm good with clamps for now. I also just got some zip ties from Home Depot. While I was under the Jeep, I semi-fixed my squeaking exhaust with a dryer hose clamp.

Being poor makes you a repair genius. Frickin McGuyver.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #9012
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I think I'm good with clamps for now. I also just got some zip ties from Home Depot. While I was under the Jeep, I semi-fixed my squeaking exhaust with a dryer hose clamp.

Being poor makes you a repair genius. Frickin McGuyver.
It's about time you got a real picture of you up in your avatar.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #9013
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It was my senior year picture.
ysb07.jpg

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #9014
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Has anyone here ever adopted a kid? Just wondering what the process was like. Cost? Wait?

Are you able to pick a kid?
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #9015
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just go down to the ghetto. I'm sure you can find a few wondering around lost.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.