Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#11,882 ·
Puck81 said:
Any of you guys want to make $200 cash? I want to fix that seal leak and replace the alternator and battery. Looks like im going to be stuck with the Junk for a while. No one wants it looking like a POS. So any takers for a Saturdays worth of work? And as far as tools go, I dont have much at the moment. So if this happens, I can brink my Junk to you or where ever. It drives with out leaks on the road but I cant take it off road with out gas going everywhere.
Dude I have offered to help. Ill do it for free. lemmie make sure I'm free this sat and it should be fine. That's all easy enough work, just a little time consuming.

I can probably also help shine it up a lil.....

#11,883 ·
Did someone say garage project? Therapeutic? How about borderline overwhelming? LOL

Hi!
--insert crazy amounts of cool truck pics in pieces here--
Dang Khris, you have me beat!
Check out that awesome splice job one of the previous owners did in the pic under the steering wheel 3 splices within 6 inches of wire + mismatched wire :confused:

Attachments

#11,884 ·
There's NOTHING wrong with paying for repairs that either you can't do or don't want to mess with! I paid a shop to do a rear axle shaft on the Rango. I would have save only about 150 doing it myself but would have lost the better part of a Saturday and a lot of aggravation. Worth it!
Yep I agree, just had a shop I know replace my clutch. What a pita it would have been in my garage by myself with no tranny jack :laugh:

#11,885 ·
gregaf3 said:
yeah, I heard the train systems there are awesome too. The wife is going to talk to her dad today to see if storing the Jeep at his house in NH is an option. It would basically be there for the whole 4 years, esp with tickets being around $1250 right now... that is 5k just in airline tickets if we wanted to come stateside for a vacation. She is going to also discuss if he would hold our guns too.

One of the major downsides to an overseas tour for us is she will be ending the tour right around her 20 year mark. We had planned on spending the next few years scoping out places that we want to retire at. I say retire, but where we want to stay once she gets out... I don't want to end her military career with both of us jobless and no place to live, sorta makes it hard to get approved for a mortgage. This was one of the reasons that we are considering trying to get Salt Lake City.
Have you two considered having her re-up? All she needs is 12M retainability after an overseas assignment. Who is to say you guys don't come back to the States, do a year and then drop retirement papers? Sure, that puts her in for 21, but then you have the best of both worlds. If she plays her cards right; she could have 21, 75 days of terminal leave, and a damn good shot at making rank which is good for that retirement check. Honestly, that is probably the route that I would take given the same situation.

#11,890 ·
I found him a replacement gas tank locally. Plan is to pick it up in the AM. He's gonna bring the truck to my house and we are gonna go to work....probably replace the fuel lines without soft rubber to get it running well too. Any help would be appreciated. I will need more jackstands or an extra jack if anybody wants to bring em.

#11,895 ·
Well today has sucked big time. I got off work and while driving home my front tire blew up by Decatur on the 95. Forgot my jack at home so had to get a ride there only to search for any cheap tire in 33x12.5R15 and I've been up since 230am and I gotta go back to work in 6 hours.

And they surprised us by saying that were going to 5-11 hour days starting Monday!! Whooo! Can't wait for the paychecks. I need a new front axle.

#11,897 ·
I'd help you on sat puck but have to work on the Rango, then baby number two will be here on monday morning!

#11,899 ·
Have you two considered having her re-up? All she needs is 12M retainability after an overseas assignment. Who is to say you guys don't come back to the States, do a year and then drop retirement papers? Sure, that puts her in for 21, but then you have the best of both worlds. If she plays her cards right; she could have 21, 75 days of terminal leave, and a damn good shot at making rank which is good for that retirement check. Honestly, that is probably the route that I would take given the same situation.
We ended up doing

Spangdalhem
Aviano
Hill

We are hoping that she makes rank, she will have Msgt around 14.5 years, which gives her plenty of time, she is currently 2 classes away from her masters degree, so the education will look good for the board.

I am just going to be bummed if I have to park the Jeep for 4 years, but then again it would leave us coming back to a low mileage paid off jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.