Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 581 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #8701
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

could be worse, not sure if they are still doing it, but I believe that they used to actually pop the hood in Cali and make sure that everything was still hooked up. I know if Pinellas county, Florida they used to use a mirror to make sure that the cat was still there then do the sniffer test on rollers with you doing 45mph.

Unread 04-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #8702
sirhk100

Last time I had a smog in California was in '04 and it was just before they introduced the dyno tests. They actually had a laser heat gun to check and make sure the cats were at operating temp. They popped the hood and visually checked all the smog equipment was there and that there was no aftermarket stuff. They physically vacuum tested the cap. My car was pre obdii so they did the sniffer in the exhaust. Not sure what they did on newer cars though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #8703
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Thy still check under the hood of pre obd2 cars, or at least they used to. I had a guy I used in north town that I would pay $50 to pass my camaro it had no smog equipment.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #8704
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My waggy has 0 smog equip even though it was a califnornia car and had air injection from the factory, as well as a gas tank venting system and charcoal canister.

They guys.have always just looked under the hood then looked back at the book then back at the hood then back at the book yhen at me and I said 'its a 73 it doesn't have that crap'

I think 73 was a real gray area because it was right when emissions stuff was coming around. Some cars had it some didn't.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #8705
sirhk100

I've always figured the guys working at the little smog hut booth looking things probably wouldn't know what they're looking at if they popped a hood anyways.

If I ever have to smog my truck I'm not even going to bother telling them it's got a motor swap. The truck is '89 toyota v6. Pre OBDii. But I'm guessing when they pop the hood and see the '04 toyota V6 that I swapped in with the big toyota emblem on top of it they won't know the difference or even realize that it's actually an OBDii system that went along with the motor swap. Heck, if I'd swapped in an LS motor I probably could've just put a toyota engine cover in there and they still wouldn't know the difference. Maybe I'm wrong but the guy at the place I take my vehicle looks like he barely knows what a car is let alone what it should have on it for smog equipment.

Unread 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #8706
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

anybody got anything going on tomorrow? I don't feel like doing anything around the house and I was thinking about getting out
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #8707
sirhk100

Feel free to swing by my house and put my gas tank in since I'm not sure if I'm going to get it installed tonight.

Unread 04-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #8708
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
anybody got anything going on tomorrow?
I'm headed south to get in a few mines and shoot. I meant to go today, but I got lazy. You're welcome to tag along. I plan on leaving around 9 and home well before 3.

I don't feel like looking at the house and I need to put some miles on the Jeep anyway.

If you want to go, you have my number. Send a text or PM.
Unread 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #8709
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw the most talented daredevil sparrow EVER! He flew through a chain link fence! Through the little square. Imagine the learning curve on that and how funny it was when he would miss. Probably learned it by fleeing something. He was flying full speed too! Animals be crazy!
Unread 04-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #8710
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That bird did it on accident and played it off like he meant to do it.
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #8711
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
So, just got done with the jeep product idea's meeting... I had everything on the list and put it all out there. Only got laughed at for one of them. There still are ZERO promises this whole list will see reality but some of it will for sure most likely.

[*]JK center console arm rest pad to cover hard plastic[*]Real door locks that don't use a common tool or a pair of vice grips to unthread[*]JK dash top storage tray kinda like daystar's but different[*]JK underseat specific flashlight mount[*]Billet tail light covers (ugh, already a million out there, I'm not fond of this one)[*]JK driveshaft repair kit (lifted jk's trash the stock CV boot. Gonna looking possibly a replacement repair type setup)[*]Extruded alum rocker guards with steel glide plates (going to cost design this and see if it's even reasonably competitive.)[*]Hood plate vent (like the one on my jeep for those that have seen it but different and cheaper)[*]CB microphone hook (mentioned from here)[*]TJ ash tray switch panel replacement[*]Remote air tank for under vehicle (need to check into vendor resources and look to see if it's something we can do)[*]replacement panel on TJ under steering column for storage. (gotta look into plastic vs. steel, locking vs. not. They liked this idea but it might not end up what you visioned... Will have to bring mine in and put some effort into it.)

These are the ones that had interest... Some of them are for sure, some of them I have to do some research into to see if they make sense for our capabilities and the market demanded retail. But hey, some of you guys might get something you wanted moved forward!
That's awesome! If you need to test fit some air tanks under my rig, I am totally willing to let you + it's relatively clean and roomy under there My LJ isn't my daily driver and it's already got A viair OBA compressor, I have been forming & running steel brake line to the connection points but haven't gotten around to running to the remote tank location yet.

Haha either way, good luck! I hope you & your company get some recognition and revenue from those ideas
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #8712
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
anybody got anything going on tomorrow? I don't feel like doing anything around the house and I was thinking about getting out
My sister is in town and wanted to do some exploring, shooting, offroading, Geocaching, etc. so we will probably end up doing some or all of the above. What did you have in mind? The more the merrier..
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #8713
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

That's awesome! If you need to test fit some air tanks under my rig, I am totally willing to let you + it's relatively clean and roomy under there My LJ isn't my daily driver and it's already got A viair OBA compressor, I have been forming & running steel brake line to the connection points but haven't gotten around to running to the remote tank location yet.

Haha either way, good luck! I hope you & your company get some recognition and revenue from those ideas
Where did you mount the tank? It's the 2 1/2 Hal grey one right? It's gotta be mounted horizontally to drain correctly. I was thinking on top of the TC skid plate, but haven't even looked at it with tank in hand yet. Just got it two days ago.
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #8714
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Havent mounted it yet, was considering under the drivers seat area behind the transfer case (under the rig) but I wish it were a better shape designed to fit into the area..
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #8715
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that's where I was thinking too. Unfortunately it's a universal kit, and universal stuff tends to not fit universally! I'll keep you posted on where it ends up, I'll probably play with it a bit on Saturday. If its not windy, may go shooting though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.