Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #856
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Eventually I will lift it, Not right now. It needs tires first!

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #857
needmesome2
1997 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Eventually I will lift it, Not right now. It needs tires first!
well if the warmachine page gets back up they have a for sale page and some one has a set of tires 50% on them dirt cheap

oh ya just got the text now the meeting place is gas station on blue diamond @ the red rock turn off @ 7AM
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #858
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Cool photos!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #859
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
My wife even likes the Red Rock side of Rocky Gap. Great pics. All the pics with no driver in the Jeep kinda made me do a double take. It shouldn't have, but it seemed to have action-y shots with no driver.
Thanks, It's always weird to have car pics without a driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Cool photos!
Thanks
other stuff
Unread 08-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #860
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Who wants to play a game called where on the jeep should this be that isn't in my hand?
forumrunner_20110807_184755.jpg  
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #861
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Who wants to play a game called where on the jeep should this be that isn't in my hand?
Rip your control arm off at Angle peek?
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #862
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lolz. I've got a lil welder over here....but i wouldnt trust my skills haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #863
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post

pick me! pick me!

Is that called your walking unless you have a very creative trail fixes?
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #864
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214

Rip your control arm off at Angle peek?
Nope I was gonna run potato ridge in the morning and then angel peak at night....but apparently my jeep had other plans
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #865
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

pick me! pick me!

Is that called your walking unless you have a very creative trail fixes?
Actually drove it home :-/ very gently of course. If I touched the brakes the front end dove and shot to the left.

One I find some new brackets just gonna grind the old ones off, weld the new ones on. Hopefully shouldn't be too big of a pita

Actually last time I was out with a coil conversion yj, snapped his rear bracket off, we ended up dropping the driveshaft, and then chaining the axle to his rear bumper and winching it to the front. Talk about a jeep limping down a trail
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #866
DRAKEOFFROAD
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was in backcountry just last weekend and I know they had the bracket for the other control arms that don't use the cam adjusters. You might get lucky though and they may have them. If not, possibly find a local metal fab shop to make you something a bit more solid then the stock stuff. Although it looks like it failed around the weld area, not the bracket itself?
DRAKEOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #867
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD
I was in backcountry just last weekend and I know they had the bracket for the other control arms that don't use the cam adjusters. You might get lucky though and they may have them. If not, possibly find a local metal fab shop to make you something a bit more solid then the stock stuff. Although it looks like it failed around the weld area, not the bracket itself?
What I believe happened is a rock bent the bracket a little, so then all the stress was getting put on the weld points at an angle, which caused it to fail. I think currie makes stronger replacements. The pain is just takinging it someplace that will grind it and weld it back on correctly
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #868
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Been there done that. Busted mine off the rear CA and track bar mount at the axle. Used a few ratchet straps and to hold the axle in place drove it from the trails out near Nelson back to Henderson. It was kinda like sitiing/Riding on an exercise ball.
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #869
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKEOFFROAD View Post
Funny you say that mine failed at the weld also. Looking at the weld there was poor penetration
Unread 08-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #870
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

^yea, thats what she said
other stuff

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.