Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 571 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #8551
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

The 05 Acura TL I had got 32mpg and it was a 4 door 6 speed with 270hp. Although it was nice, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like the comfort of Japanese cars. To bumpy for my taste and FWD was a bit weird with all that torque even with traction control on. I bet you can find those for a great deal now if you are looking at used cars.
Oh yea, I really liked my moms TL.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #8552
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Which Audi do you have and what are the payments? Lease/buy? I liking the audis for my wife and kids, but the 30k price tag is scary for an A4.
S5, buy. It's real purdy and really fun to drive but waaaay more car than I have skills to handle at anything more than highway speeds.
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #8553
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
I wish I only paid what you guys are, I'm at $80/mo for just liability! Progressive wants like $130 for full coverage
Gotta give are is a call. I stayed with Geico for years thinking I was getting a good deal - even if I had only insured my jeep LM would have been cheaper for the new than geico was for the 7 yr old jeep! Makes sense to shop each year - ill post his number as soon as I get to the office.
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #8554
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Same car different badging, right? I was thinking Jetta with tdi, cause I've heard they're awesome on mileage. That's really all we care about for that one. 4 doors and awesome mileage on the cheap if possible.
They are both built by VAG (Volkswagen Auto Group) and they do use a bunch of the same parts. I can pull off any part of my car and see symbols from VW, Audi, and Skoda. Audi is a step above though. They have options that you cannot get with the VW. Stuff like Quantro, higher quality Leather and other little things.

VW's do have some cool options that I have gotten accustomed to over the years. Little stuff like auto up & down on all windows, not just down on the front. You can put your key in the drivers door, turn and hold, and depending on which way you go all of the windows will go up or down. The stock radio in the TDI comes with a 6 disc changer, SD card slot, bluetooth, and Ipod hookup. There is also a very large VW/Audi community so you can always get factory vw parts for 40% less than dealers, and there is always maintenance info available in the forums if you do your own stuff.
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #8555
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Summit caries it here is a link.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-632143/
What I mean by jeep not carrying the line is that the line has a quick connect fitting that allows it to just snap right on to the where the hard line ends at the back of the jeep above the tank. They don't make that replacement soft line with the fittings needed. I can get high pressure fuel line at napa but it doesn't have the correct fittings. I'm going to probably mess with it tonight. Hoping there's enough slack to allow me to just cut the end off the line and slip it over the hard line with a couple hose clamps to get me going. I'll toss some spares and maybe a patch piece in just in case I ever need one. I really hate working around gas, headaches, dirty, smelly, dangerous, etc... I had all the time in the world to fix it last night but the motivation just wasn't there. I need to do it tonight though so I can get it in for smog sometime this week and register it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #8556
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Anyone know how to take flat spots out if tires? My jeep has been sitting for a wile and all 4 tires have nice flat spots.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #8557
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Heading to Nelson shortly. Be back by nightfall. Anyone on my contact list expect a few annoying texts for the mines.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #8558
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would work around gas over gear lube any day. I just hate the smell of gear lube, and it seems like it lingers for days.

Not quite sure on the tire flat spots. I guess it really depends on how bad they are. If they are not too bad I would say if anything just drive it and once the rubber gets heated up, it might go back to is original form. If they are too bad I would surf craigslist, they always have some tire deals on there.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #8559
sirhk100

I always thought you just drove them and they'd eventually come back to round. Especially on hotter days when they're warm.

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #8560
sirhk100

Yeah, gear oil does smell for sure!!! But it doesn't give me headaches and won't light me on fire. It just stinks and that's about it...

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #8561
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

[QUOTE="gregaf3"]

They are both built by VAG (Volkswagen Auto Group) and they do use a bunch of the same parts. I can pull off any part of my car and see symbols from VW, Audi, and Skoda. Audi is a step above though. They have options that you cannot get with the VW. Stuff like Quantro, higher quality Leather and other little things.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #8562
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My wife drives a 98 merc CL 230. It has leather, auto up down on all windows, cruise, power everything. It has a few extra aftermarket speed stuff and is an auto. She gets 20-28 mpg depends on how you drive it. What makes it even better is it has 130,000 mi and has never given us a problem. The only downer is they are soo expensive, but it is a great car.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #8563
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

How much do you want to spend on a car?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #8564
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I'll probably get in trouble for this PWR but honestly I think this would be a great DD for you. It has that extra flare you are looking for and it can get the groceries home.
picture-5.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #8565
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ
Anyone know how to take flat spots out if tires? My jeep has been sitting for a wile and all 4 tires have nice flat spots.
Replace them. I was hoping there was someone in town that could put them on a lathe, but no luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.