Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 565 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #8461
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Searched again on the main website and found it. Been using the app to access the forum and couldn't find the setting in the app... Duh
I did the same thing for about six months.

Unread 04-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #8462
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Mounting ideas... Worked on two different ones just a month or two ago. I completely over did them and they ended up being priced out of reality in my opinion.

By the time this hit the quadratec book it probably would've been in the $30 each realm... Just didn't seem realistic although I would've loved a couple! Planned on them bolting to the floor or wheel well tubs or any flat surface really...
This is more along the lines of what I was trying to describe...

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratche...Logistic-Track
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #8463
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Got the new alternator in and it's better than I expected. Volts read dead on 14 no matter what I turn on. Whole truck is running better.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #8464
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I never had enough time or even cared about the time zone settings. Mine was set to European time
Unread 04-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #8465
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I swear AutoZone has iridium plugs in stock, and there's an AZ on every corner it seems like..
Yeah, it's something normally carry in stock, but not today. The closest store that had it in stock was Boulder City.

I just picked them up and was listening to the counter guy trying to upsell an elderly man on low resistance plug cables. He said the $150 8mm plug set will give him a noticeable fuel economy improvement. I'll try to quote him as best as I remember:

"Think of the resistance of the cable like the aerodynamics of a plane. The slicker it is, the faster it can go. When I upgraded my cables, I saw an increase of about 2 or 3 miles per gallon. "
Unread 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #8466
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Yeah, it's something normally carry in stock, but not today. The closest store that had it in stock was Boulder City.
It's a sign from above.. You're not supposed to work on your rig, your supposed to go wheelin instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
The slicker it is, the faster it can go.
LOL Truer words have yet to be spoken here
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #8467
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Honestly, wheeling doesn't interest me all that much. I love my Jeep, but I see it more as a means to a destination. It's the destination that I enjoy. Not so much the ride there.

I've been reading about many people getting 50k + miles on iridium plugs without any gap changes. Hopefully, I won't have to check them again for a long time. With my hotter ignition coil, I need 10mm cables. I paid over $100 for my set of cables. When I was pulling them from the plugs, I held my breath until I felt the release pop. I really expected at least one to break. I got lucky this time.
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #8468
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
On a separate note; any idea why the time stamp on all of the posts in this thread are 8 hours ahead? I am sure it's one of my settings, but I am obviously not smart enough to find it
Mine was 3 hours ahead in Florida, so we moved here.
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #8469
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Iridium, platinum all horse crap. Coppers are what's best for a Jeep motor because that's what they were designed to use. Nothing wrong with stock plugs and wires unless you have a tuned engine. Your just wasting money.
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #8470
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If we're just talking about performance, I'll agree with that. Other than the smooth idle of a new plug, I can't tell any difference between them. If we factor in durability, I think there are differences between the electrode types. Have a read:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/in...plugs-1262656/

I'm more interested in durability because of my hotter coil. Stock gap is .35. The hotter coil allows me to have a ridiculously wide .65 gap. Jumping that gap is brutal on a plug. Even with double platinums, I had to regap every couple of months. The ones I pulled out today were right at .40. Two and a half months ago they were gapped at .65. That's a big difference.

Each time I regapped, I risked breaking another spark cable. Again, each cable set cost me over $100. The less I have to pull them out, the better chance I have at not breaking one.

Without adding more fuel, I haven't noticed additional power, but I have noticed I can fill up a day later than usual. I got the hotter coil to help with gas. It's doing what I wanted.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #8471
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Sounds like a lot of work for no little pay off. I ran an ignition upgrade on my old 5.2 and I gapped them at 45. I think that's kind of a waste though. I like stock plugs and wires. Much smoother, cheaper, and low maintenance.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #8472
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I thought it would be cool to make my own plug leads for my car once. Huge pain in the butt and it cost just a few bucks cheaper. Lesson learned. YSB it is tuff to squeeze power out of a 4 banger. It is even harder to do on a budget. Good luck in that hunt. Just think you replace those plugs, wires and coil a couple times then you are a few dollars away from a regear. That is the one thing about modifying a car. You always make better decisions after you spend the money.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #8473
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

those diy wire kits are not that bad. after a few you get good at them. I know I did with both my camaro then when I turbo'd a vr6 vw. Something about headers or moving coil packs always made it a pain. But cutting them yourself allowed it to be much cleaner than the mass produced stuff.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #8474
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
YSB it is tuff to squeeze power out of a 4 banger.
If it were a Japanese 4 bang there would be quite a few options, but I know what I have and on most days I'm fine with it. Getting more power out of it wasn't my intention. Any mods I tried were mostly for efficiency.

The only time I really notice anything lacking is when there are high headwinds on the interstate or long uphill climbs at highway speeds. On a windless day, getting up to and maintaining 80MPH isn't a problem. On the trails, I don't have any problems getting and staying ahead of the pack.

We were hoping for more money from the tax refund, but it was way less than anticipated, so the regear will have to wait.
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #8475
sirhk100

Well, I just got 57 miles to a tank today! Ran out about 2 miles short of my house. Only had 4 cars pull up beside me yelling that I was leaking gas. No crap!!! Why do you think I was driving so fast!!! Didn't want the flame to catch me from behind! LOL So, now on my projects list is replace broken fuel line. On a side note, I found out my jeep will climb 5 foot waterfalls that are pretty damn steep without slipping a tire! Good times!!! And to think, my to do list was almost complete for once.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.