Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 560 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #8386
sirhk100

I've never had them do any electrical for me but like I said, they've been a great source so far and I would be checking them first if it was me in your shoes. They're right by stratosphere.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #8387
sirhk100

A little more on that ARE shop. My first experience with them was to rebuild the axle in my mazda cause the CV's were bad. Empi was the only company making aftermarket axles. They were like $300. No place was offering rebuilts like autozone or pepboys so only other option was mazda direct which was even more! Having dinner with my uncle the axle came up in conversation and he told me to check with them cause that's who Chapman used to send all their FWD type axles to for rebuild. So I call them up as joe blow off the street and $65 for a complete rebuild with 1 year warranty. I'm sold!!! Pull it out and it actually falls apart it's so bad. Drop it off in the morning, picked it up that afternoon and there's no way anyone would not think it was a brand new axle. I have no clue how they did it so fast but I'm right about 3 years on it and no issues still.

I then shopped a clutch for my truck when I did a motor swap on it. They were $150 less then anywhere else. Also cause of the engine swap I needed a different throwout bearing then the one included in the clutch kit. They said no problem, opened up the clutch kit with the bearing I need and swapped bearings. I told them thanks a ton!!! I also asked how they handled that though cause now the clutch on the shelf had the wrong bearing. They said no biggie, they'd just return the bearing to the supplier and have them swap it for the right one. Them doing that basically saved me another $80 on top of the clutch kit!

So since I've had excellent service with them so far I try to support them and tend to check with them first on a lot of my auto parts. They're limited in what they deal with though. FWD axles, starters, clutches, alternators for sure though. Hopefully your experience if they do your alternator will be just as good!

I too am curious if they'll do a bigger rewind for you!!!

Unread 03-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #8388
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
A little more on that ARE shop. My first experience with them was to rebuild the axle in my mazda cause the CV's were bad. Empi was the only company making aftermarket axles. They were like $300. No place was offering rebuilts like autozone or pepboys so only other option was mazda direct which was even more! Having dinner with my uncle the axle came up in conversation and he told me to check with them cause that's who Chapman used to send all their FWD type axles to for rebuild. So I call them up as joe blow off the street and $65 for a complete rebuild with 1 year warranty. I'm sold!!! Pull it out and it actually falls apart it's so bad. Drop it off in the morning, picked it up that afternoon and there's no way anyone would not think it was a brand new axle. I have no clue how they did it so fast but I'm right about 3 years on it and no issues still.

I then shopped a clutch for my truck when I did a motor swap on it. They were $150 less then anywhere else. Also cause of the engine swap I needed a different throwout bearing then the one included in the clutch kit. They said no problem, opened up the clutch kit with the bearing I need and swapped bearings. I told them thanks a ton!!! I also asked how they handled that though cause now the clutch on the shelf had the wrong bearing. They said no biggie, they'd just return the bearing to the supplier and have them swap it for the right one. Them doing that basically saved me another $80 on top of the clutch kit!

So since I've had excellent service with them so far I try to support them and tend to check with them first on a lot of my auto parts. They're limited in what they deal with though. FWD axles, starters, clutches, alternators for sure though. Hopefully your experience if they do your alternator will be just as good!

I too am curious if they'll do a bigger rewind for you!!!
I will ask about that bigger rewind. Thanks for the heads up and I will hold you solely responsible if anything goes wrong.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #8389
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I think that's the only difference in output in the amount of winding inside. Maybe larger brushes, and of course larger wire.
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #8390
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

This looks like a gun little blaster to hide somewhere http://heizerfirearms.com/
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #8391
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's something else I wish someone would design and sell. A CO2 pellet gun molded and hidden somewhere on the exterior of the Jeep. Crude directional aiming would be fine. Just something I could use to discreetly bust out the window of someone nearby who is annoying me.

Sirhk, please work on that. Thanks, in advance.
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #8392
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It seems to have resolved itself. I'm here picking up my wife. What was annoying me was a minority in the car ahead of me blasting rap music.

The driver just came up to my window asking if I had jumper cables because her shyt won't start now. I told her I didn't have any. I have two sets of jumpers.
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #8393
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just say yes and roll up your window
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #8394
sirhk100

holy crap, that little pistol is a .45? It would probably fly out of your hand when you pull the trigger!!!

blended in pellet gun, check... Maybe have it run off exhaust or vacuum on the motor and like a funnel feed with a fully auto setting of coarse!

And that's fine if the are place goes bad. LOL won't be the first bad advice I gave this month! The other one involved the condition of a YJ that a friends dad bought on my recommendation which then blew the transmission before he even got it home! I did land my uncle some side work on that though at least. Whoops!

Unread 03-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #8395
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Unbelievable. She just took two kids, under age 3, out of the car to widen her search for jumper cables. Neither was in a safety seat. She was blasting that bass with kids in the car. That's so annoying people like her can breed. I only want one kid and that idiot can have two.
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #8396
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Thank the liberals. They pay people like that to have children who grow up to be criminals.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #8397
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

You would be surprised how many people that I see that just let their kids roam in the car. I cannot remember where I was but I saw 5 kids in the back seat of an older sentra. Not a single child seat
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #8398
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

She was probably bumping her system with the engine off and didn't realize the battery was draining until the music stopped. It's amazing how clueless people can be when it comes to cars. It's surprising how many people just turn the radio up to cover up a noise the car is making rather than trying to fix it.

Taking the Rango to Adams driveshaft on Monday so they can replace that axle shaft. 400 installed including shaft, bearings, seal, and oil. I'd be in it at least 250 in just parts, so it's worth it to not have to eff with it myself. It would take me three times as long with no warranty because I don't have a lift nor the right tools for bearing and seal. Turns out there's a special depth the bearing must be set to. They say it'll be done by tues morning.

Want to do something this weekend, but it's supposed super windy tomorrow.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #8399
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
You would be surprised how many people that I see that just let their kids roam in the car. I cannot remember where I was but I saw 5 kids in the back seat of an older sentra. Not a single child seat
They don't have child seat laws in Mexico! My sister in law came from CA with her weeks-old baby in her lap, and brought no child seat with her. Guess where she got one from?? You guessed it...El gringo! Sometimes I get so pis sed off at the culture gap between my wife and I, but just have to deal with it. I feel hypocritical when I talk about messicans, but I don't make stuff up, it's all true.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #8400
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Want to go collect your landscaping rocks?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.