Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 559 - JeepForum.com

 4Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8371 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I know lmao. I think the universe is laughing at me too.
Come grab it from me tomorrow. I still haven't put it on and from the looks of it my rig is going to be down for a wile.


When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8372 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Would that one fit his Cherokee? It looked like it was in good shape other than a little rust on the pulley.

The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline  
post #8373 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Didn't you say it was a 136? I am not sure if that would be adequate, but I would be willing to give it a go. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

I can have this one rebuilt in the meantime and then you can have it back.


Or I just found this. Anyone have and good or bad to say? http://www.motorcityreman.com/gcherokee-chry.html
PolkaPower is online now  
post #8374 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Powrjunkey
Web Wheeler
 
Powrjunkey's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
I'll give you a ring tomorrow.
You're supposed to do that at a nice dinner or in a romantic place, not on a public forum. Chivalry is truly dead!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #8375 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
You're supposed to do that at a nice dinner or in a romantic place, not on a public forum. Chivalry is truly dead!
I thought of that coming off the wrong way but didn't think that there was someone on here cheesy enough to make the joke hahaha
PolkaPower is online now  
post #8376 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Powrjunkey
Web Wheeler
 
Powrjunkey's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,813
:cheesy here: couldn't resist it! It was still funny cheese and all.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #8377 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
If you're having the alternator rebuilt. Give these guys a ring and see what they charge. They've done great by me with other auto parts and I can't complain one bit!!! Got the clutch for my toyota thru them at a smoking price! They rebuilt the axle in my mazda for dirt cheap and had it done sameday and the results are great with no issues in 3 years! I think I remember then having a sign up that said they do alternators.

Some of the dealers send parts to them to have rebuilt, that's where I heard about them first...

Automotive Rebuild Exchange

1606 S Commerce St, Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-384-9041



I've got no connection, they're just a parts shop that's done really good for me everytime I've dealt with them so far.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #8378 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Powrjunkey
Web Wheeler
 
Powrjunkey's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,813
They used to sell rebuild kits at the major auto parts stores. It was really only brushes and bearings.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #8379 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Would that one fit his Cherokee? It looked like it was in good shape other than a little rust on the pulley.
Yeah i have the same truck as him. Just a little bigger

When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline  
post #8380 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If you're having the alternator rebuilt. Give these guys a ring and see what they charge. They've done great by me with other auto parts and I can't complain one bit!!! Got the clutch for my toyota thru them at a smoking price! They rebuilt the axle in my mazda for dirt cheap and had it done sameday and the results are great with no issues in 3 years! I think I remember then having a sign up that said they do alternators.

Some of the dealers send parts to them to have rebuilt, that's where I heard about them first...

Automotive Rebuild Exchange

1606 S Commerce St, Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-384-9041



I've got no connection, they're just a parts shop that's done really good for me everytime I've dealt with them so far.
Thanks! I will mention to them that you sent me. I might not have enough for the rebuild after I get done giving out all these rings though. Hahahaha Pwr hahahahahahaha I made a joke about rings because you said ring earlier and now I said it too hahahahaha
PolkaPower is online now  
post #8381 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Would that one fit his Cherokee? It looked like it was in good shape other than a little rust on the pulley.
It's a "Grand Cherokee" sir. And I could swap the pulley probably.
PolkaPower is online now  
post #8382 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Didn't you say it was a 136? I am not sure if that would be adequate, but I would be willing to give it a go. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

I can have this one rebuilt in the meantime and then you can have it back.

Or I just found this. Anyone have and good or bad to say? http://www.motorcityreman.com/gcherokee-chry.html
Yeah its a 136 ill test it tonight. It should work on yours for a wile. I have a 90 on mine and it runs all the lights

When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline  
post #8383 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Yeah its a 136 ill test it tonight. It should work on yours for a wile. I have a 90 on mine and it runs all the lights
I just called the place kris recommended and they said 85+ tax which is pretty darn cheap if you ask me. They warranty it for one year.I think I may just do that and then have the ZJ down until then and drink beer everyday.
PolkaPower is online now  
post #8384 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I just called the place kris recommended and they said 85+ tax which is pretty darn cheap if you ask me. They warranty it for one year.I think I may just do that and then have the ZJ down until then and drink beer everyday.
I wonder if they can make it more powerful. A 180 or 190 would be nice

When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline  
post #8385 of 41864 Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
I wonder if they can make it more powerful. A 180 or 190 would be nice
I'll ask. I have read about this but I don't have a lot of knowledge about this type of thing.
PolkaPower is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Marn Nevada Jeep Forum 1354 05-05-2016 08:43 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome