Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 559 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #8371
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I know lmao. I think the universe is laughing at me too.
Come grab it from me tomorrow. I still haven't put it on and from the looks of it my rig is going to be down for a wile.

Unread 03-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #8372
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Would that one fit his Cherokee? It looked like it was in good shape other than a little rust on the pulley.
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #8373
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Didn't you say it was a 136? I am not sure if that would be adequate, but I would be willing to give it a go. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

I can have this one rebuilt in the meantime and then you can have it back.

Or I just found this. Anyone have and good or bad to say? http://www.motorcityreman.com/gcherokee-chry.html
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #8374
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll give you a ring tomorrow.
You're supposed to do that at a nice dinner or in a romantic place, not on a public forum. Chivalry is truly dead!
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #8375
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
You're supposed to do that at a nice dinner or in a romantic place, not on a public forum. Chivalry is truly dead!
I thought of that coming off the wrong way but didn't think that there was someone on here cheesy enough to make the joke hahaha
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #8376
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

:cheesy here: couldn't resist it! It was still funny cheese and all.
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #8377
sirhk100

If you're having the alternator rebuilt. Give these guys a ring and see what they charge. They've done great by me with other auto parts and I can't complain one bit!!! Got the clutch for my toyota thru them at a smoking price! They rebuilt the axle in my mazda for dirt cheap and had it done sameday and the results are great with no issues in 3 years! I think I remember then having a sign up that said they do alternators.

Some of the dealers send parts to them to have rebuilt, that's where I heard about them first...

Automotive Rebuild Exchange

1606 S Commerce St, Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-384-9041

I've got no connection, they're just a parts shop that's done really good for me everytime I've dealt with them so far.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #8378
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They used to sell rebuild kits at the major auto parts stores. It was really only brushes and bearings.
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #8379
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Would that one fit his Cherokee? It looked like it was in good shape other than a little rust on the pulley.
Yeah i have the same truck as him. Just a little bigger
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #8380
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If you're having the alternator rebuilt. Give these guys a ring and see what they charge. They've done great by me with other auto parts and I can't complain one bit!!! Got the clutch for my toyota thru them at a smoking price! They rebuilt the axle in my mazda for dirt cheap and had it done sameday and the results are great with no issues in 3 years! I think I remember then having a sign up that said they do alternators.

Some of the dealers send parts to them to have rebuilt, that's where I heard about them first...

Automotive Rebuild Exchange

1606 S Commerce St, Las Vegas, NV 89102
702-384-9041

I've got no connection, they're just a parts shop that's done really good for me everytime I've dealt with them so far.
Thanks! I will mention to them that you sent me. I might not have enough for the rebuild after I get done giving out all these rings though. Hahahaha Pwr hahahahahahaha I made a joke about rings because you said ring earlier and now I said it too hahahahaha
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #8381
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
It's a "Grand Cherokee" sir. And I could swap the pulley probably.
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #8382
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Didn't you say it was a 136? I am not sure if that would be adequate, but I would be willing to give it a go. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

I can have this one rebuilt in the meantime and then you can have it back.

Or I just found this. Anyone have and good or bad to say? http://www.motorcityreman.com/gcherokee-chry.html
Yeah its a 136 ill test it tonight. It should work on yours for a wile. I have a 90 on mine and it runs all the lights
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #8383
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Yeah its a 136 ill test it tonight. It should work on yours for a wile. I have a 90 on mine and it runs all the lights
I just called the place kris recommended and they said 85+ tax which is pretty darn cheap if you ask me. They warranty it for one year.I think I may just do that and then have the ZJ down until then and drink beer everyday.
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #8384
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

I just called the place kris recommended and they said 85+ tax which is pretty darn cheap if you ask me. They warranty it for one year.I think I may just do that and then have the ZJ down until then and drink beer everyday.
I wonder if they can make it more powerful. A 180 or 190 would be nice
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #8385
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
I wonder if they can make it more powerful. A 180 or 190 would be nice
I'll ask. I have read about this but I don't have a lot of knowledge about this type of thing.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.