Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 553 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #8281
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How about storage solutions that people can afford? Tuffy makes good stuff, but it's way overpriced.

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #8282
sirhk100

Thank you!!! I also meant to have that on my list. We already have a vendor in Taiwan that makes the locking center consoles for Tuffy. LOL, I saw them in their show room when I was there back in Oct! I was like "hey, I know that product!!!"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #8283
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I have the Tuffy double overhead. Up and locked, it rattles. Open and down, it rattles. In the down position, it's only held there by its own weight. For something made for an offroad vehicle, they didn't do shyt for noise. If my ashtray can be designed to lock in an open or closed position, surely something I paid a few hundred for could too.

Also, the current Tuffy overhead mounts from the windshield frame to the center roll bar. I'm a short guy and I've knocked my head on it a few times. Further, the design blocks the sunroof of hardtops. Something that mounts at the rollbar front, both sides of the windshield would be better. Make it with room for a CB, stereo head unit, GPS, garage door opener and other small items. With the top off, it's difficult to secure all of those when parked. Anything to make enjoying our Jeeps easier should sell.

How about a replacement overhead speaker bar? I know there are some out there already, but I couldn't find one that could hold two 8's with proper box volume.
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #8284
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

So, how does this work? Your boss just sends me a check when these ideas start selling?
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #8285
sirhk100

LOL, are you good at cleaning the pooper? If so you might get one...

You might not have read thru the whole first post. I can for sure get you a free one of anything we take but basically all you're doing is helping make a rich dude even richer! LOL All I get out of it is another biweekly paycheck.

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #8286
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Eh, it's cool. If you put out a quality product, I have no issues.

Another good idea. An all aluminum, perpetual motion motor that runs on regular compressed air. That's my most brilliant idea. I'll leave the details to you.
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #8287
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I bet you could make some money on the JKU's by selling a solution that will not chip with rocks. I do not even have 12k on the odo and mine are chipped to hell. maybe some straight milled aluminum pieces or something. Either that or some pre rhino lined ones.

Me personally I am just going to pull them off and rhino line them if I ever get the time or motivation
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #8288
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

How about plastic fender flares or tubular fenders.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #8289
sirhk100

Greg, our JK here is a street queen and other then the time I took it to TDS a few years ago I don't think it's ever touched dirt. Poor poor rubicon!!! So with that said, what are you talking about? Where are they getting chipped at?

For fenders, I've been thinking about those too. Looking thru the books though it seems like there's already about 1000 options so being number 1001 if we don't have something amazingly awesome will be hard.

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #8290
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just slap a zombie sticker on something and call it good.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #8291
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

How about a rack that bolts to the factory YJ/TJ/JK cage? I dont know if you have seen YJ/TJ's with that goofy half top deal that covers the front only and cuts it off from the rear passenger area. I was thinking about a rack that can hold stuff instead of undoing the cover to get to the back
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #8292
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Another idea:
A replacement steering column that locks and conceals a firearm, but is easily accessible. Probably would work best if the firearm was stored on the column beneath the steering wheel.

I was looking for a spot under there to mount a holster. If someone expanded on that idea, I'd buy it.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #8293
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A decent gauge/switch pod for the TJ that replaces the factory plastic a-pillar! Something with one or two gauges and the ability to add up to 4-6 switches for lights, lockers, OBA systems, etc.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #8294
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've got soft saddlebags mounted in the rear between the vertical bars on the roll bars, but I was thinking it would be nice to have some solid ones that would mount in the same place made out of some PVC type material.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #8295
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How about a mount on the left floor by the driver door? Something I can mount a sword to so I can easily stab other drivers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.