Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 552 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #8266
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

One of my previous neighbors is mexican listens to heavy metal, like slipknot and such and American country, like 95.5 country. He hates the mariachi crap too!

Unread 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #8267
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If I won I would hire YSB as my personal assistant. I would cover his medical if he changed his name to Oddjob.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #8268
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
If I won I would hire YSB as my personal assistant. I would cover his medical if he changed his name to Oddjob.
Oddjob bunny! It woul fit
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #8269
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I would totally build a bond villain missile base in the middle of nowhere and have a gold plated helicopter and robots with machine guns to keep the trespassers fertilizing the desert.
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #8270
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I would totally build a bond villain missile base in the middle of nowhere and have a gold plated helicopter and robots with machine guns to keep the trespassers fertilizing the desert.
We could buy old missile silos and have our own little city underground.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-Acre-ATLA...item337381d8bb
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #8271
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
We could buy old missile silos and have our own little city underground.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-Acre-ATLA...item337381d8bb
I'm in!
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #8272
sirhk100

So just spotted a 300 pounder female in line in front of me at circle k. She's wearing skin tight pants and shirt of coarse. Shirt has worked it's way half way up he back so that all the rolls around her side are showing and even the bottom of her bra strap was showing. I had a hard time not staring cause I'd never seen a butt crack that just didn't end. It disappeared up into the abyss behind her bra strap. That's when I finally looked down to notice what I hope was a sweat stain from about midway where an average persons *** should be spreading pretty wide and down the inner pant leg of both sides to just above her knees. It took all I could muster to not hit on her and try to take her home for a night of rough kinky fun!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #8273
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So just spotted a 300 pounder female in line in front of me at circle k. She's wearing skin tight pants and shirt of coarse. Shirt has worked it's way half way up he back so that all the rolls around her side are showing and even the bottom of her bra strap was showing. I had a hard time not staring cause I'd never seen a butt crack that just didn't end. It disappeared up into the abyss behind her bra strap. That's when I finally looked down to notice what I hope was a sweat stain from about midway where an average persons *** should be spreading pretty wide and down the inner pant leg of both sides to just above her knees. It took all I could muster to not hit on her and try to take her home for a night of rough kinky fun!
Just go from fold to fold and when you smell crap go back one.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #8274
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
If you got me out of this medical debt, you could call me Oddjob. I'd even wear a jester outfit and fetch things you throw.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #8275
sirhk100

So... Just cause I'm tossing this out DOES NOT guarantee anything will happen or move forward but... I'm open to product ideas specifically for JK and TJ jeeps. Most of our stuff is more on the cosmetic/styling end but I'm not opposed to performance or suspension if it's something within our realm. Liability is always in the owners mind so it can't be anything too crazy either. We are VERY good with billet aluminum products. We also have casting capabilities, plastics, zinc die cast, rubber, steel stamping and forming, and even some stitch/vinyl capabilities.

Some ideas of things we currently make (not necessarily all for jeeps) to give you an idea of our range are...

• billet shift knobs
  • die cast valve covers
  • billet pedal covers
  • aluminum radiators
  • billet grill inserts
  • stick on emblems like seen on fenders that say "bronco" "ford" "mustang" etc... Badges I guess you could say.
  • reproduction gas tanks
  • resin shift knobs like what's on the mustang GT500 (we're the supplier for those)
  • fuel doors

Anyways, the owner of the company tossed me an open forum to come up with 10 new product ideas by next week... So why not poll the local group and see what you guys have wanted. Best is something that doesn't exist and is new and badass but also, if there's something out there already that just sucks, maybe we can make it better or even offer it cheaper. Something you truly feel is completely overpriced? Etc...

Right now my list consists of
  • stylish pad of some sort for the center console arm rest on JK
  • extruded aluminum rocker guards with steel glideplate inserts (something not seen or done before)
  • ORO type LED tail lights for TJ (I'm on my 3 warrantied pair and they're also overpriced!)
  • Hood vent (like what's on my jeep hood for the few of you that have seen it but maybe something more stylish)
  • I've got an idea for door locks that are much smaller, much better looking and more theft proof then what I've seen.

I saw this hood piece once and always thought it looked sweet!!! I'm picturing like a raw version to paint or satin black.

For you other jeep platform owners. Nothing personal! If it was up to me we'd absolutely be pushing stuff towards XJ and ZJ owners at the very least as I feel there's a lot of them out there modifying them. Unfortunately it's not my decision though.

So with that said, I'm open ears for product ideas from simple to crazy but keep in mind our main strengths. I come from a suspension design background yet I know I'm not going to convince the owner to get into that niche of the market unless it's a simple product. We're mostly cosmetic oriented... Do you guys have an obvious place to mount your CB antenna yet for some reason nobody in the market has figured that out and made the bracket you wish existed? Is there a couple bolts on your jeep that would make an absolutely perfect place to mount your flashlight? Do you wish someone made a switch panel to replace another panel in your jeep or maybe even a place to put an accessory gauge? Stuff like that would be totally up our alley for things to possibly make. Heck, I can pretty much promise I'll hook you up with a freebie if not one of the first samples if you have an idea that we decide is worth moving forward on.

Speaking of that, we discuss ideas of a group so if we take your gizmo over someone elses don't get all butt hurt at me! It's not just my decision at all. Sometimes cost kills projects, sometimes lack of interest from the owner kills them, etc... I'm open to ideas of all sorts though! I've got other things in the works I don't want to let out of the bag yet but hey, I figure how often do you get the ear of the designer at a company making accessories for your jeep so I'm tossing out the opportunity to you guys. Hopefully all of the jeep forum doesn't jump in here! LOL I'm only accepting ideas from Vegas people!!! Sorry, call me regionalist if you want...

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #8276
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

How about some custom wheels? I know there are plenty out there, but a good looking design will always sell.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #8277
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Many years ago, in Saudi and areas around there, we saw lots of Jeeps. Arabs loved them and had plenty of money for mods. One I remember seeing was an extended fuel tank that completely replaced the rear swing away door. It sat only a couple inches thicker and looked like it held about 10 gallons. It appeared to be a gravity fill.

No Jerry cans to refill and spill. I looked for something similar when I got back, but nobody makes one. They were custom fabbing them over there.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #8278
sirhk100

We talked with wheel guys at APEX this last year as we tossed around the idea of making alloy versions of the styled steel wheels we currently make for classic mustang restoration projects so that's not totally out of the realm. It just seems like such a crazy market to get into cause walking around the wheel area at sema is almost overwhelming! I'll toss it on the list though.

I DIG THE GAS IDEA!!! I can almost promise 100% that the owner will shoot it down for liability reasons in a wreck though with Ford pinto flashbacks! LOL

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #8279
sirhk100

As I was adding them to my list though I made the note... "liability? Jerry can holding tire racks are already common for example. Also, label as FLUID CONTAINER" LOL kinda like when I was OR Fab... Notice their cages aren't "cages" but instead "sport bars"? We didn't make a cage to protect you, they were just a styling bar that happened to be made out structural tubing! LOL

This jeep had our "sport bar" in it...

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #8280
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I can see his point with liability but, I don't see how it could be more dangerous than carrying around Jerry cans on rear racks. If liability is an issue. Just sell it as a water carrier. Not your fault if people put fuel in it, right? It was a fairly common mod in Arab regions, but those people got nutty with their mods and their driving.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.