Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 551 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #8251
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
So yesterday I was looking up the syntax to a unix FIND command yesterday because I had to do some crazy search. Needless to say, I left the page open, which had an advertisement for amazon.com on it. Then comes in my 3 year old son wanting to watch netflix. Clicks on the link and since my wife had been on amazon the night before setting up her kindlefire account, my son is able to use their "one click ordering" to order me a book with 2 day shipping. I am so glad that it was only a book and only $24 but still WTF, why couldn't it have been a winch or something that I actually need?

I find this out because my wife finally checks her email and says, hey that book you ordered will be here tomorrow, completely clueless on why I would be using her info to order anything.

Speaking of my oblivious wife, I went to the base hospital today with my daughter and the first thing I noticed is that they painted the whole inside of the hospital a light blue (it was a burnt orange color before). I joke with the receptionist and say "wow this is blue" and she responds that looking at it all day makes her want to puke and she wants to know who was smoking what when they picked the color. Then walks in my wife and I ask her when they painted the hospital... and her response "They painted the hospital?"
I got my wife a kindle when they first came out. Because I ordered it it was connected to my account. She was loving it and said she could download all of these "free" books. I checked my email and she had spent $230 on books she thought were free. I'm glad I'm not alone.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #8252
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Weird because you are Asian and more Zen like?
Yes. Whenever I feel my chi is out of balance, I rub the belly of my Buddha statue.

Actually, it's because in the 18 years I've been with my wife, we've never argued about anything.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #8253
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Yes. Whenever I feel my chi is out of balance, I rub the belly of my Buddha statue.

Actually, it's because in the 18 years I've been with my wife, we've never argued about anything.
LIAR!!! Yep I'm calling shenanigans! No one can spend 18 years that close to someone without a single disagreement. Maybe you just can't remember? :sorry: I've been with my wife for 7 yrs and have had arguments for sure!!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #8254
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Actually, that's totally truthful. I think the most major argument we've ever had was over something like where we'd have dinner. I know, it's weird, but we've never had anything to argue about. Nothing she does bothers me. Even stranger than that, nothing I do ever bothers her.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #8255
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

picture-16.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #8256
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That is awesome! If I ever get rich and move into a nice HOA controlled neighborhood, I'm totally putting one of those up and paying whatever the fine is, just to eff up the property values.

What is that? Burning man?
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #8257
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you were to hit the big lotto, and take lump sum(348mil) and then simply put it in your savings account making .05%, you would have an annual income of 174k!! That's crap interest too!
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #8258
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I bet Vegas is a fun place if you have money. Other than the mountains, Vegas kind of sucks when you're poor.

I thought PowerBall was the biggest lottery close to here. Never even knew about MegaMillions until I just saw it on the news tonight. Had I known about it, I would have just picked up tickets while I was down there. Primm is the next exit past Goodsprings and we're down there twice a week!
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #8259
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can think of a ton of PRODUCTIVE things I would do with the money if I were to win, none of which include lamborghinis, ferraris, drugs(pot excluded) nor alcohol. Invest it, retire, travel the world full time! Be rock star like jimmy Buffett but with no talent and no fans!
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #8260
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If I ever fell into that kind of cash, I'd first find the best Dr's so I might live long enough to enjoy it. Then, I'd find some acres out in the middle of nowhere and enjoy a quiet life.

That whole valley where we were shooting in Goodsprings is still for sale. I might even buy that place. Build a nice home with solar panels and live off the grid.

Maybe Dexter on the side for the excitement.
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #8261
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Some pics of the Mormon Well mini blizzard
p1010034.jpg   p1010035.jpg   p1010037.jpg   p1010038.jpg   p1010039.jpg  

p1010040.jpg   p1010050.jpg   p1010019.jpg   p1010043.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #8262
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice pics
Unread 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #8263
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

forumrunner_20120329_081803.jpg

My Dad sent me this picture just now. The line for lottery tickets in Primm is almost half a mile long and the wait is estimated to be a minimum of three hours! He was hoping to beat the weekend traffic.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #8264
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dang, it would faster to just drive to baker.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #8265
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So the mexican dude fixing my ac speaks broken English. The funny thing is that his phones ringtone is set to some heavy metal song. It has gone off a good 6/7 times in 30 minutes

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.