Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#10,904 ·
that is a good design.

MMCKEIG up there has the smittybilt tire awning thing, and thats where i got the idea. I plan to just get 2 large tent poles, and roll them up inside the tarp. I will roll the tarp up into the roof rack, and secure it with a few straps stitched into the tarp.

Just use buckles and straps to attach it to my roof rack on the other end. unroll it, stand up the poles, put some stakes in the ground, and its done.

can also be removed easily for times when i'm not going camping or anything. I just need to find a decent tarp, i dont want to use a vinyl tarp, hopefully canvas.

#10,905 ·
Canvas would get heavy...quickly. Hit up a surplus store and get a mesh. It's light, should be relatively inexpensive and provide enough shade to be comfortable without the added weight of canvas. Plus it won't be nearly as stiff and difficult to flatten.

#10,912 ·
I'm looking at getting a bar pin eliminator for my rear shocks, but all the ones I found seem to place the shock eye about an inch lower than stock. I only have about 4" up, 4" down travel. Will that lost inch of uptravel make much of a difference? Bottoming out is a concern.
shall i transfer this post to TJ tech?

:cheers2:

#10,919 ·
YouStupidBunny said:
That's pretty messed up. Nobody has enough info on the case yet. Even if it is found that he was 100% at fault, seriously? His own target? I thought it was weird people sold Bin Ladin targets. Trayvon is no Bin Ladin.
Agreed! Bin laden targets...let me get some! We blew up a bin laden piñata on 4th of July one year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.