Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 542 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #8116
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Did you get Florida too? Don't think I will it only adds two states I don't plan on going to. Lol
That was my sentiment of that one too!lol who cares about two no name states anyway?!

Unread 03-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #8117
sirhk100

Sorry haven't been online at all since I made that post last night.

YSB, MM is correct, we don't make any. His price though is a pretty smoking deal! Haven't really ever seen anything better and considering they're just axle spacers his looked quality!

For the catscratch, I googled it after I made the post last night. I'm 99% sure it was a bite and not the claw cause it was puncture and no actual scratches anywhere. Still hasn't gone to the hospital. They came over around 10ish this morning and his hand was swollen but not NEARLY what it was last night when they left. He was able to use it and wrenched on the harley most of the day with it actually. I had to do some of the harder torque and pulls on the wrenches for him but compared to when he left last night it was WAY improved. By late afternoon though it was starting to look red again and the swelling was coming back. I went by their place (motorhome) for dinner and played some cards. He was icing it again and they were discussing UMC locations. I had told them earlier today when I saw them that I sent them an email of about 40 people talking about their experiences with cat bites and scratches and every single one of them included the words tetanus shot and antibiotics. I think he's going to see how it goes tomorrow but it's at least in his mind as an option which knowing my dad is pretty rare so that's kind of impressive to me! He did ride the harley home and it's his left hand so he was able to use the clutch at least. No way he would've been able to do that last night when they left here. And for the record, my fork rebuild and revalve job sounds like it's working amazing for the little bit he rode it!!! LOL They're retired and all they have is catastrophic type insurance so everything for the most part is paid for outta pocket for them. I can go into a total side story about last year when my mom had to go to UMC for stitches while they were visiting me and a comment the billing lady at UMC made to them in shock they were actually going to pay the bill unlike a majority of the people they see there... LOL I actually was kind of impressed though... My mom tore the top of her ear where it connects to your head basically. enough that it was danging a little bit... Something like 12 or 15 stitches to get it back in place and good and it was only like $220 cash for them. Not nearly as much $$$ as I'd have guessed...

Anyways, I think depending how his hand is tomorrow is gonna be the deciding factor on him going in or not. I sent them the link I read last night about others experiences with cat bites. It was pretty nutty though that most of them were swollen and in pain for 1 week minimum and some as much as a month! Crazy cats!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #8118
sirhk100

Oh and that sami on HUGE rims posted a while back... I didn't read the details but if it's on stock axles and brakes I wonder how crappy it stops??? Might be the perfect victim for me to brake check in my truck if I ever see him!!! Like I said, I really want to see how well my rear bumper holds up someday! LOL Not my fault his brakes suck!

Unread 03-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #8119
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I do not think you understand the gravity of his situation. That infection can spread through his body through the blood into his organs. Any bite be it dog or cat carries a massive dose of infection right into the blood stream. Even if it appears to get better, it can reappear in another area 4 times as bad. You would be a fool not to go to the ER at this point. This can kill a person. It's rolling the dice if you do not go. Just my opinion. I hope everything works out well either way.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #8120
sirhk100

LOL, you're welcome to try and get my dad to head in before he's made the decision himself but in the 34 years I've been alive I've learned it's a pointless battle. Knowing him, he'll go in once it's black and ready to be cut off. I told him the info I found last night on the severity of the problem. Getting him to physically go is a decision he'll have to make cause I know there's nothing I can do to con him into going... I'm pretty damn stubborn and I know 100% where I learned it from, let's put it that way!

And I don't think I've ever called him a fool but I've used similar words for sure so you're assumption of him accurately describes him, especially when it comes to seeking medical help. Trust me, if I was in the pain he was in last night I'd have at least hopped online to look for remedies and advice which most likely would've led me to going into the hospital this morning on my own. Him though, nahhhhhh, he iced it and went to bed, no bother looking into the potential seriousness of what it could be or lead to.

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #8121
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You are taking this too lightly. Call 911. Being bitten by an animal is akin to having a Vietnamese punji stick rammed into your skin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punji_stick

Don't you understand that even strep throat can come back and kill you later if you don't treat it? Staph infection is no joke man. I do not understand the recklessness off this situation. If you took a small knife, rubbed it in crap and saliva, then stabbed your father.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #8122
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Camaro project... don't you already have a jeep that doesn't run? and you are now looking at another project. I know cinder blocks are cheap but come on.
When I had a house I was much more productive. I've bought and sold about 16 cars since 2004. Mostly 55-70 Chevys and a few fords. Living in an apartment has slowed me down a bit not having a garage. I had a 55 chevy tow truck with a 2 speed rear end that I almost completely restored my self. All the others were simple fix and clean up projects. Right now I've got a 71 c-20 I plan on giving to my dad when finished (he bought it new in 71). A 68 rally sport is waiting for a tires up, my zj, an old Honda cb750, and an old ford diesel that has an international motor. Hopefully we can find a place soon but we are both being pretty picky. Sometimes I miss being single and having a great job and having all the time in the world. I love my wife but I have a crappy job that pays ok but nothing compared to what I made before. Oh well I'm happy I'm working and we are healthy. Much more then many can say.

Oh and all run except the camaro and my jeep. All have tires that hold air. I wash them bi-monthly.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #8123
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, if you decide to sell the camaro, I know a guy that would be VERY interested. He used to have an rs/ss and has wanted another ever since. He's got a 71 Chevelle that's been appraised at $40k. Restoring stuff is fun and all if you have time AND money. Not trying to break your spirit or anything, but I just realized I wasn't going to do anything with my projects, and decided that the time and money could be better placed on fewer projects and more free/fun time.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #8124
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, I remember how much free money I had when I was single, then once we got married. But just wait until kids come in the picture. It took 3 years of marriage before the kids, but it has been non stop since. First diapers and formula, then daycare. You will look at your kids $50-$100 toys they are crappy and broken and just think about the stuff that you could have out of that summit/jegs/4wd catalog. Then comes in the clothes that they grow out of every 3-6 months. Your wife will come back from somewhere like childrens place with a bag of clothes that she spent almost $200 on and say, but I got this coupon for $20 off my next purchase of $40 plus. Most people realize the coupons are just to get you back in the store during dates that they do not have sales going on... so you spend the same amount. Then you watch this bag of $200 clothes go up on craigslist 6 months later, since your wife does not like to meet the freaks online you have to show the clothes and notice that half of them have never been worn as the $200 instantly becomes $20!!!

Daily rant complied with
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #8125
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I don't see how my parents raised three kids on a military salary. My Dad retired a Command Master Chief, but I was already in junior high school before he got any real rank. When we didn't live on base, we lived in a small studio apartment. I remember having a sleeping bag instead of a bed. We all had these cards for free lunches at school.

I didn't know we were poor because, growing up in military towns, most of our friends were poor too. Growing up is different now. Image is more important to kids. Image costs money.

We don't have kids. We'd like one, but we'd always have to struggle to get the kid everything he needs.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #8126
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I have another favor to ask the group. It's a really small favor. I mentioned it before that we have a Spot Connect GPS "Oh, shyt! Help me!" device. It needs to have a few people listed as contacts that I can send texts to from anywhere. I have a few people listed that are able to receive these texts, but I think I need one or two more just in case they are away from their phones, out of cell range themselves or they forget to pay their cell bill.

Here's how it works:
You get a text from me saying I'm about to head offroad.
You get updates like "About to head into a mine at this location"
More updates like "All is well."
At the end of the trip, you should get a final message like "All clear. Headed home."
Each message you would receive from me would include my current GPS coordinates.

That's really all there is to it. No phone calls or awkward interaction. You really don't have to do anything with the information unless the message clearly states I am in need of help. In that case, standby for a follow up detailing the nature of the issue.

If anyone wants to be added to the contact list, here are the requirements:
You need to have a cell phone handy most of the time.
You need to tell me the number and cell company provider. They need that info to relay the texts.
You can't hate me. I know a few of you here don't really get my humor. If you fall into that category, this isn't for you. I don't want to be at the bottom of a mine, standing next to my rope thinking "We're gonna be ok. X knows we're here and he'll send help."

In the future, if anyone else gets a similar device, just ask and I'll be your backup. So, who wants to be on the list? Send me a PM with your: Name, cell number and cell provider.
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #8127
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Military pay has come up a long way from back then. I could not imagine having kids as and E-3 or below. Once you get over 4 years and E-4 pay it gets a little better. When we first got married we were both E-5's. I tried to talk the wife into becoming and officer once she got her degree, but that was a big no go.

We are far from loaded or anything, but the good thing is in 6 years she will be able to get out with 50% of her base pay for the rest of her life. It has sucked for me so far in regards to career advancement, but it will be worth it. While the pay at retirement sounds good, the health benefits are a little bit better. That is until they start cutting them. Right now the annual premium is under $500 for the whole family, which they are talking about upping to around 2k. The dang liberals think that money should be going to crack babies instead and people who served their country for 20+ years should be paying more...
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #8128
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

ysb you have all my info already Verizon wireless
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #8129
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

http://military-pay-chart.net/

It's gone way up even since when I was in. Back in my day, an E3 was only making around $850. The 2012 chart shows that same E3 now makes $1,757.48. During my Dad's era, an E3 was making less than $500.

Now, imagine raising a family of five on that $500. I don't see how they did it. I spend almost $500 a month just in gas.
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #8130
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
ysb you have all my info already Verizon wireless
Thanks, Greg. I'll add you. You should receive a test message shortly. Remember, if I send you message that says "Trouble here. Bring a dumb gat (unmarked gun) and a shovel." you have to do it. It's a blood oath.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.