Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 541 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #8101
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I tried calling you earlier, Polka. Got a "not in service" message. Was going to see if you wanted to go shooting last minute. Ended up at my Dad's instead showing him how to break down and clean his pistol. It's a cheap ghetto gun made by Hi Point. It felt Chinese, but surprisingly, it was US made.
bollocks, I forgot to fill me tele.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #8102
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

After submitting your CCW application to Metro how long does it take to get it. They say up to six months but really?
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #8103
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm using AT&T now, but I was thinking of looking around to save a little. I think, after taxes, for two phones we are paying around $155 a month.

How does yours work? Something prepaid? If that's what it is, how is the service and coverage?
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #8104
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I'm using AT&T now, but I was thinking of looking around to save a little. I think, after taxes, for two phones we are paying around $155 a month.

How does yours work? Something prepaid? If that's what it is, how is the service and coverage?
We have straight talk now and you can pay at the end of every month or you can have it taken off a card. Right now it's 35 bucks per month for each of us with unlimited but I think we are going to go with Virgins plan with android phones and unlimited data with 300 minutes per month. I hear the unlimited rolls over so you have extra gay unlimted. The thing is is that we are getting ready to get new phones so why not shop around.
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #8105
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
After submitting your CCW application to Metro how long does it take to get it. They say up to six months but really?
I put mine in 90 days ago im still waiting. They told me a maximum of 120 days
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #8106
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
I put mine in 90 days ago im still waiting. They told me a maximum of 120 days
What kind of sound is your rear end making D? Mine is a shhhhhshhhhshh type metallic sound. No howl or wine.
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #8107
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

What kind of sound is your rear end making D? Mine is a shhhhhshhhhshh type metallic sound. No howl or wine.
Seriously no challenge anymore.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #8108
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
Yeah, they take their time with it. My Utah permit came first!
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #8109
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me have this. She says I already have more projects then I will ever finish. I may start selling off some more stuff.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2913584332.html
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #8110
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me have this. She says I already have more projects then I will ever finish. I may start selling off some more stuff.
ask her if you can have this since it is finished already.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2922023410.html
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #8111
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
You are on the right track. I love Internationals. Way over priced for the condition though. They are not that classic.
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #8112
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

You are on the right track. I love Internationals. Way over priced for the condition though. They are not that classic.
I'm pretty sure I could get it cheaper. I seen it for sale off and on for the last year or so. That for $32000 it better do laundry, cook, and clean. It's cool but I don't think it's $32000 cool. I would rather put half that in my camaro project and be happier then that would ever make me.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #8113
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I could get it cheaper. I seen it for sale off and on for the last year or so. That for $32000 it better do laundry, cook, and clean. It's cool but I don't think it's $32000 cool. I would rather put half that in my camaro project and be happier then that would ever make me.
Camaro project... don't you already have a jeep that doesn't run? and you are now looking at another project. I know cinder blocks are cheap but come on.
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #8114
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Yeah, they take their time with it. My Utah permit came first!
Did you get Florida too? Don't think I will it only adds two states I don't plan on going to. Lol
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #8115
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Camaro project... don't you already have a jeep that doesn't run? and you are now looking at another project. I know cinder blocks are cheap but come on.
He's right! At some point, you need to look at reality and the amount of time and money it will take for each project. And be realistic, not convince your wife realistic, but this is how much cash I need in my wallet realistic! I had far too many projects before: 71 demon(needed absolutely everything), 70 dart swinger(ran and drove but needed paint and interior), 69 charger(see demon plus some), 74 duster(see dart plus motor an trans), 03 durango(daily driver want to supercharge and gear with r/t rims) and my 06 TJ(name it jeep stuff) oh and my cbr1000rr! All I have left is the durango and TJ. Realistically I'd be in te others for a combined 110k to make them nice and shiny restored quality cars. Mopar shyut is not cheap, body work and paint isn't cheap, motor work for good power isn't cheap, interior isn't cheap. See the pattern? If you do all that stuff yourself, it takes time...lots of time! Why do you think body and interior shops keep cars for weeks and up to months? Not all shops are like pimp my ride an if you want it done right, it's expensive and time consumptive! Pick priorities, one or two and let the rest go! IMO and just saying. It will save your marriage, trust me(she NEVER told me to get rid of stuff, but I could tell she was stressed, all they see and hear when you talk about projects is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.