Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #796
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler
haha nah just the blazer was there
That thing has been picked clean. We've talked fo the rangers about it. They said of we can get t down to the parking lot they will pay to have it towed away

Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #797
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
... I'm def down for the ride this weekend.

On another note...I almost lost the waggy today. Some broad was paying attention to an accident, while I was turning left on a green arrow, and she came through the intersection. slammed the brakes directly in line with my passenger door. Woulda been bad if she hadnt looked up.

We shall hit a trail this weekend, any thoughts? Also that sounds a lot like my car accident, although she stopped...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #798
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Mormon Well? Or, somewhere else? I dunno, mormon well is neat but it's a super bumpy ride.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #799
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Mormon Well? Or, somewhere else? I dunno, mormon well is neat but it's a super bumpy ride.
Yes that road sucks because its so bumpy! Fun especially once you get here...
forumrunner_20110718_181036.jpg  
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #800
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hidden Forest trails is an awesome hike. kinda long but get better with every step. eventually leads to a old game wardens cabin.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #801
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That looks like an awesome spot. Is there any easy way to get there, or is it hard?
Well getting there is easy. I guess I should mention this is not in Vegas lol if I didn't make that clear. It's Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane, UT roughly 1.5-2hrs away. The reason I said a little more hardcore, is I wouldn't even consider the rockcrawling there without being locked front and rear, at least 35"s, and a winch. I'm on 37's and usually the smallest tires of the bunch. And I will say if you are not a fan of possible body damage, then it's prob a no go. Some of the trails have bypasses, but stuff gets pretty technical. BUT, you could play in the sand all day, there is some good exploring to do, and the camping is awesome! Great place for a weekend of fun.
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #802
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Well getting there is easy. I guess I should mention this is not in Vegas lol if I didn't make that clear. It's Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane, UT roughly 1.5-2hrs away. The reason I said a little more hardcore, is I wouldn't even consider the rockcrawling there without being locked front and rear, at least 35"s, and a winch. I'm on 37's and usually the smallest tires of the bunch. And I will say if you are not a fan of possible body damage, then it's prob a no go. Some of the trails have bypasses, but stuff gets pretty technical. BUT, you could play in the sand all day, there is some good exploring to do, and the camping is awesome! Great place for a weekend of fun.
So its easy enough to get to the camping/hiking/sandy areas, but there is avaiable hardcore stuff and hard trails?

I guess what im asking is if the camping area is at the end of a technical trail, or just some place you can roll into and set up camp?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #803
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So its easy enough to get to the camping/hiking/sandy areas, but there is avaiable hardcore stuff and hard trails?

I guess what im asking is if the camping area is at the end of a technical trail, or just some place you can roll into and set up camp?
Gotcha. It is a state park, so you come in through a gate and pay like $10 per vehicle. There is a paved road that goes through the place and you can just venture off as wanted. You will have to navigate some sand to get to a spot like where we were, but just air down and you shouldn't even need 4wd.

The trail system is through the dunes so you don't even have to go there if you don't want. I'd love to get a group of the Jeep Forum guys to meet up there sometime. It's definitely fun.

RG
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #804
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Gotcha. It is a state park, so you come in through a gate and pay like $10 per vehicle. There is a paved road that goes through the place and you can just venture off as wanted. You will have to navigate some sand to get to a spot like where we were, but just air down and you shouldn't even need 4wd.

The trail system is through the dunes so you don't even have to go there if you don't want. I'd love to get a group of the Jeep Forum guys to meet up there sometime. It's definitely fun.

RG
Yeah, hurricane aint too far, out on the way to Zion.

I think I might be able to make it there on 1 tank of gas...

Hmmm, 150 miles...10 miles per gallon....yeah, I think that'll work!

Unread 07-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #805
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

My BIL and i are planning on going to Logandale tomorrow to play if anyone wants to come just pm me so we can set a time.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #806
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also planning a easy laid back run down cranes nest road tomorrow, to lake mojave, or the co river or whatever it is.

Nice 5 or 6 mile ride, with a 1/2 mile hike at the end. There are some lil rocky areas that you can probably play around in if you want.

Anybody that wants to go, lemmie know, I'm looking for a meeting spot now.

Unread 07-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #807
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Also planning a easy laid back run down cranes nest road tomorrow, to lake mojave, or the co river or whatever it is.

Nice 5 or 6 mile ride, with a 1/2 mile hike at the end. There are some lil rocky areas that you can probably play around in if you want.

Anybody that wants to go, lemmie know, I'm looking for a meeting spot now.
This is a fun little ride, nothing too tough. For those who haven't been, I've got a KML (google earth) file on my site that I created using my GPS track.

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...nes-nest-road/

What time are you planning on heading out?
davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #808
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

This is a fun little ride, nothing too tough. For those who haven't been, I've got a KML (google earth) file on my site that I created using my GPS track.

http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...nes-nest-road/

What time are you planning on heading out?
Meeting up at 95 and horizon drive at 930-945 ish to head out.

Yer welcome to tag along. Small group ( 2 or 3 jeeps) just gonna hike to the water and chill out for a little bit

Unread 07-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #809
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sorry!

The girl and I were planning to do SOMETHING tomorrow, either drive the 69 nova down to a beach, or take the waggy for a ride. It's back up and running now (frantic morning buying ignition components) and I'll let you know if it's the latter.

You probably wont have any fun following a nova down the highway, haha.

Unread 07-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #810
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

on a related note...

never leave your key in the "run" position for like a week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.