Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 538 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #8056
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,864
The junkyard sucked today. Very slim pickens I picked a crappy Saturday.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #8057
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
I assumed these shocks were just stiff by design and make myself content with them. Not happy, but barely content. Now that I know there is still a little adjustment wiggle room, I might enjoy them. I have the Rancho RS9000XL. Are we talking about the same shocks?

Is there a reason you keep the front and back at the same level? I knew they were supposed to be different, but I thought it was supposed to be softer up front.The suspension guru's here say that the suspension is supposed to be set stiffer front and softer rear. Give that a try and see if it helps. It helped me. I just need to soften mine up even more.

I accounted for the lighter 2.5L, but not the hard top. I never noticed, but the hard top makes quite a difference with the suspension.

Before I forget, welcome to the Vegas thread.
__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #8058
YouStupidBunny
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
The junkyard sucked today. Very slim pickens I picked a crappy Saturday.
Local junkyards usually are slim with the Jeep parts. The one by Boulder Hwy has about 5 Cherokee's. I saw about that many at the north location, but all of those were picked clean.

The north location has way too many vehicles without usable parts. That is the only one I've seen in many states that doesn't crush vehicles without usable parts. Not sure why they would keep something that is only good for scrap. If it can't make you money with parts, get the money from scrap.
__________________
The most complete guide to Southern Nevada historic mining.
VegasUnderworld.com
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #8059
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
I've searched the reviews threads and can't fin this. I'm looking for any reviews on the viair on board air systems. Specifically the 10007. Anyone know if it's good, bad, or meh?
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #8060
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I've searched the reviews threads and can't fin this. I'm looking for any reviews on the viair on board air systems. Specifically the 10007. Anyone know if it's good, bad, or meh?
I've read good things about viair but have no real exp with them.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #8061
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I've searched the reviews threads and can't fin this. I'm looking for any reviews on the viair on board air systems. Specifically the 10007. Anyone know if it's good, bad, or meh?
I've had a viair system on my truck for over three years for air bags(towing), tires, and train horn. And have never had an issue with it. Great system.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #8062
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I've had a viair system on my truck for over three years for air bags(towing), tires, and train horn. And have never had an issue with it. Great system.
Which one did you get? The 100% duty cycle one? The 10007 is the one that is the 100 duty cycle and only one compressor, the 10008 and up have 2 compressors. The 10006 and under are less than 100 duty cycle.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #8063
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,372
Dave has a pretty kick arse OBA system.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #8064
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Which one did you get? The 100% duty cycle one? The 10007 is the one that is the 100 duty cycle and only one compressor, the 10008 and up have 2 compressors. The 10006 and under are less than 100 duty cycle.
Don't remember the number but it is 100% duty cycle single compressor 150 psi shut off. But for some reason the last six months or so it turns off at 125. Feel free to come look at it if you want.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #8065
4x4Brit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
I assumed these shocks were just stiff by design and make myself content with them. Not happy, but barely content. Now that I know there is still a little adjustment wiggle room, I might enjoy them. I have the Rancho RS9000XL. Are we talking about the same shocks?

Is there a reason you keep the front and back at the same level? I knew they were supposed to be different, but I thought it was supposed to be softer up front.The suspension guru's here say that the suspension is supposed to be set stiffer front and softer rear. Give that a try and see if it helps. It helped me. I just need to soften mine up even more.

I accounted for the lighter 2.5L, but not the hard top. I never noticed, but the hard top makes quite a difference with the suspension.

Before I forget, welcome to the Vegas thread.
Thanks for the welcome. I have the same shocks as you. I really wasn't sure about which should be softer so set them the same. I used them off road first day I got them and set them both to 1. I was impressed with the handling. Then I left them on 1 and drove on road. Combined with the Anti Rock, it was a little sketchy! I'll give your 3, 4 a try and see how it is.
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #8066
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,466
So... Hindsight sucks! I knew better then what I did and well, let's just say that a little bit of fun in my truck last night left me with a hole in my muffler! LOL, no biggie, it's about the size of a quarter. I'll patch it up with some scrap sheet metal and remount it properly this time! Live and learn I suppose. Nice part is the broken muffler also led me to spending some time laying under the truck which enabled me to stumble on another very very simple to fix issue that had I not caught it could've been beyond catastrophic, let's just put it that way! Hmmmm, want a hint??? I'm now motivated to fab up and install the driveshaft loop that I've been procrastinating on!

Tomorrow I gotta do brakes on my moms car and then I'm going to rip into my pops forks. Got them off the harley today. I'll rebuild them tomorrow and hopefully get them back on too.

BTW, anyone ever been bit or scratched by a cat? My dad got nailed my their cat on the top of his hand. He said it happened so fast that he's not sure if it was teeth or claw though. Not gonna go into what he was doing cause it was retarded but he came over around 9ish this morning right. His hand looked just a tiny bit swollen. By 6 this evening you'd have thought his hand was broke it was so friggen swollen! It was too the point that he couldn't even remotely make a fist and just touching his fingers you could see the pain in his face. The main meat/backhand area of his hand was close to twice the thickness it should be.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #8067
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So... Hindsight sucks! I knew better then what I did and well, let's just say that a little bit of fun in my truck last night left me with a hole in my muffler! LOL, no biggie, it's about the size of a quarter. I'll patch it up with some scrap sheet metal and remount it properly this time! Live and learn I suppose. Nice part is the broken muffler also led me to spending some time laying under the truck which enabled me to stumble on another very very simple to fix issue that had I not caught it could've been beyond catastrophic, let's just put it that way! Hmmmm, want a hint??? I'm now motivated to fab up and install the driveshaft loop that I've been procrastinating on!

Tomorrow I gotta do brakes on my moms car and then I'm going to rip into my pops forks. Got them off the harley today. I'll rebuild them tomorrow and hopefully get them back on too.

BTW, anyone ever been bit or scratched by a cat? My dad got nailed my their cat on the top of his hand. He said it happened so fast that he's not sure if it was teeth or claw though. Not gonna go into what he was doing cause it was retarded but he came over around 9ish this morning right. His hand looked just a tiny bit swollen. By 6 this evening you'd have thought his hand was broke it was so friggen swollen! It was too the point that he couldn't even remotely make a fist and just touching his fingers you could see the pain in his face. The main meat/backhand area of his hand was close to twice the thickness it should be.
If he was bit then he could lose his hand if he doesn't go to the hospital. I have been scratched pretty good before but cleaned it really well and everything was fine. Bit by any animal can cause blood poisoning and it will travel from the point of the bite through the body. It sounds infected, use your best judgement. My wife was bitten by a dog on her hand and when she went to the doctor the doc sent her to the hospital where she spent the next 3 days. You could see the infection travel up her arm. At the site of the bite she had staph infection and you can still see that she lost some muscle there. It was pretty serious.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #8068
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
I second that!!! My parents' cat bit me and it got infected. The hospital said another day and iffy. Another two days an my finger would have been amputated! GO TO THE ER...YESTERDAY!!!!! Best case they say oh, he's allergic, here's some Benadryl, worst case he gets to stay the night. GO NOW!!!!!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #8069
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
Thanks for the OBA answers. I think I know the kit I'm getting now.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #8070
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Thanks for the OBA answers. I think I know the kit I'm getting now.
FYI when you install it McFadden-Dale has the best selection of fittings and air line. The kits never come with everything.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.