Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 53 - JeepForum.com

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #781 of 41864 Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Oh, i thought it was an accident

I was thinking about diff covers eventually, but i'd rather find a 74-78 D44 first.
Had them powdercoated because they came bare metal. Yes I know that it will chip and come off as soon as I hit a rock, but yeah

Tagsrover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #782 of 41864 Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm

I am interested, just not an early riser normally so let me know when and where to meet up so I can set my alarm lol.
The only trail I know is potato ridge and I ran that last week, so if someone wants to lead another trail I'll happily come along
Tagsrover is offline  
post #783 of 41864 Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,204
You guys should run tie rod that was a blast! Or I hear Nelson is pretty dang good also.

1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is offline  
post #784 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 01:47 AM
ccwrangler
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 109
yeah nelson is huge. you could spend all day out there on the trails, just gotta be careful, theres a couple areas that are posted private. tons of mines and stuff to check out, you can go down to the river too. most of the trails are scenic, but there are a few more challenging ones lol

"How can they tie it to the frame? Cherokees do not have a frame. Idiot."
ccwrangler is offline  
post #785 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler
yeah nelson is huge. you could spend all day out there on the trails, just gotta be careful, theres a couple areas that are posted private. tons of mines and stuff to check out, you can go down to the river too. most of the trails are scenic, but there are a few more challenging ones lol
Yeah I've done the shetter bowl, rock bottom, and the triple threat. Probably my favorite trail system in the Vegas area. The drive out there kind of sucks, but def worth it
Tagsrover is offline  
post #786 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover

Yeah I've done the shetter bowl, rock bottom, and the triple threat. Probably my favorite trail system in the Vegas area. The drive out there kind of sucks, but def worth it
I'm thinking about rolling down to Nelson landing here in a few minutes...I could use some cool water.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #787 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM
ccwrangler
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 109
you guys missed a hell of a day on potato ridge. one broken axle and some crazy crawlin lol

"How can they tie it to the frame? Cherokees do not have a frame. Idiot."
ccwrangler is offline  
post #788 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler
you guys missed a hell of a day on potato ridge. one broken axle and some crazy crawlin lol
Pictures?

And nothing like cruising down the highway when all of sudden you bog down to 2000 rpm... hoping for a bad fuel filter
Tagsrover is offline  
post #789 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM
ccwrangler
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 109
ill have to upload em when i get back from work tonight.. cutting it close right now lol

"How can they tie it to the frame? Cherokees do not have a frame. Idiot."
ccwrangler is offline  
post #790 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,246
IS potato ridge all bad now? I went a year ago but I heard the rain last fall changed things alot. It was a decent workout for the waggy...but i dont feel like having to crawl back under it for anything any time soon...so i think it'll stick to lighter stuff for a bit, haha.


Didnt go to nelson, just rolled around town all day with the windows down. She's runnin great, lemmie tell ya what. I'm def down for the ride this weekend.

On another note...I almost lost the waggy today. Some broad was paying attention to an accident, while I was turning left on a green arrow, and she came through the intersection. slammed the brakes directly in line with my passenger door. Woulda been bad if she hadnt looked up.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #791 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Tagsrover
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
IS potato ridge all bad now? I went a year ago but I heard the rain last fall changed things alot. It was a decent workout for the waggy...but i dont feel like having to crawl back under it for anything any time soon...so i think it'll stick to lighter stuff for a bit, haha
Not sure what is was like last year, but i would say the waggy would struggle through it. I'm at 4" of lift with 33" KM2, locked front and rear, and i struggle through the optional washes and scrap and bang some through the main trail too. I did see a H2 run it though, but I would say if you aren't ready to do damage don't go there. Almost snapped my rear driveshaft last time. Had to jack up and add rocks under my tires. REALLY made we want a tummy tuck
Tagsrover is offline  
post #792 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wichita Falls
Posts: 1,539
Hit up my favorite wheeling spot again this weekend Sand Hollow. If any of you guys want to get a little more hardcore with it, I'll post up next time we go. How can you beat "beach" lake-front camping, swimming, sand dunes, and rockcrawling all at the same time!! What's even better is you can hang out in the water while it's hot all day and then go night wheeling.



My pups...loving it!!





'05 LSJ
'14 JKUR
'97 TJuggy
www.4lowparts.com
Tactical Recovery Equipment
Garza is offline  
post #793 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler View Post
you guys missed a hell of a day on potato ridge. one broken axle and some crazy crawlin lol


Was that blue Cherokee still broke in the middle of the wash... I told the wife that I would not be surprised to see it looking like that white Blazer here soon.
gregaf3 is offline  
post #794 of 41864 Old 07-17-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Not sure what is was like last year, but i would say the waggy would struggle through it. I'm at 4" of lift with 33" KM2, locked front and rear, and i struggle through the optional washes and scrap and bang some through the main trail too. I did see a H2 run it though, but I would say if you aren't ready to do damage don't go there. Almost snapped my rear driveshaft last time. Had to jack up and add rocks under my tires. REALLY made we want a tummy tuck
Weird. I made it up and over last time with no scrapes or bruises, just some tiiiight navigating in some spots. It wasnt as easy as when I'd take my wrangler up there 3 or 4 years ago, but it was by no means bad. I heard though that last fall it got washed out pretty bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Hit up my favorite wheeling spot again this weekend Sand Hollow. If any of you guys want to get a little more hardcore with it, I'll post up next time we go. How can you beat "beach" lake-front camping, swimming, sand dunes, and rockcrawling all at the same time!! What's even better is you can hang out in the water while it's hot all day and then go night wheeling.
That looks like an awesome spot. Is there any easy way to get there, or is it hard?

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
post #795 of 41864 Old 07-18-2011, 01:25 AM
ccwrangler
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 109
haha nah just the blazer was there

"How can they tie it to the frame? Cherokees do not have a frame. Idiot."
ccwrangler is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Marn Nevada Jeep Forum 1354 05-05-2016 08:43 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome