Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #781
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Oh, i thought it was an accident

I was thinking about diff covers eventually, but i'd rather find a 74-78 D44 first.
Had them powdercoated because they came bare metal. Yes I know that it will chip and come off as soon as I hit a rock, but yeah

Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #782
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantasm

I am interested, just not an early riser normally so let me know when and where to meet up so I can set my alarm lol.
The only trail I know is potato ridge and I ran that last week, so if someone wants to lead another trail I'll happily come along
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #783
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You guys should run tie rod that was a blast! Or I hear Nelson is pretty dang good also.
Unread 07-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #784
ccwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah nelson is huge. you could spend all day out there on the trails, just gotta be careful, theres a couple areas that are posted private. tons of mines and stuff to check out, you can go down to the river too. most of the trails are scenic, but there are a few more challenging ones lol
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #785
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler
yeah nelson is huge. you could spend all day out there on the trails, just gotta be careful, theres a couple areas that are posted private. tons of mines and stuff to check out, you can go down to the river too. most of the trails are scenic, but there are a few more challenging ones lol
Yeah I've done the shetter bowl, rock bottom, and the triple threat. Probably my favorite trail system in the Vegas area. The drive out there kind of sucks, but def worth it
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #786
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover

Yeah I've done the shetter bowl, rock bottom, and the triple threat. Probably my favorite trail system in the Vegas area. The drive out there kind of sucks, but def worth it
I'm thinking about rolling down to Nelson landing here in a few minutes...I could use some cool water.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #787
ccwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

you guys missed a hell of a day on potato ridge. one broken axle and some crazy crawlin lol
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #788
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler
you guys missed a hell of a day on potato ridge. one broken axle and some crazy crawlin lol
Pictures?

And nothing like cruising down the highway when all of sudden you bog down to 2000 rpm... hoping for a bad fuel filter
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #789
ccwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ill have to upload em when i get back from work tonight.. cutting it close right now lol
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #790
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

IS potato ridge all bad now? I went a year ago but I heard the rain last fall changed things alot. It was a decent workout for the waggy...but i dont feel like having to crawl back under it for anything any time soon...so i think it'll stick to lighter stuff for a bit, haha.

Didnt go to nelson, just rolled around town all day with the windows down. She's runnin great, lemmie tell ya what. I'm def down for the ride this weekend.

On another note...I almost lost the waggy today. Some broad was paying attention to an accident, while I was turning left on a green arrow, and she came through the intersection. slammed the brakes directly in line with my passenger door. Woulda been bad if she hadnt looked up.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #791
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
IS potato ridge all bad now? I went a year ago but I heard the rain last fall changed things alot. It was a decent workout for the waggy...but i dont feel like having to crawl back under it for anything any time soon...so i think it'll stick to lighter stuff for a bit, haha
Not sure what is was like last year, but i would say the waggy would struggle through it. I'm at 4" of lift with 33" KM2, locked front and rear, and i struggle through the optional washes and scrap and bang some through the main trail too. I did see a H2 run it though, but I would say if you aren't ready to do damage don't go there. Almost snapped my rear driveshaft last time. Had to jack up and add rocks under my tires. REALLY made we want a tummy tuck
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #792
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hit up my favorite wheeling spot again this weekend Sand Hollow. If any of you guys want to get a little more hardcore with it, I'll post up next time we go. How can you beat "beach" lake-front camping, swimming, sand dunes, and rockcrawling all at the same time!! What's even better is you can hang out in the water while it's hot all day and then go night wheeling.

My pups...loving it!!

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #793
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwrangler View Post

Was that blue Cherokee still broke in the middle of the wash... I told the wife that I would not be surprised to see it looking like that white Blazer here soon.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #794
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Not sure what is was like last year, but i would say the waggy would struggle through it. I'm at 4" of lift with 33" KM2, locked front and rear, and i struggle through the optional washes and scrap and bang some through the main trail too. I did see a H2 run it though, but I would say if you aren't ready to do damage don't go there. Almost snapped my rear driveshaft last time. Had to jack up and add rocks under my tires. REALLY made we want a tummy tuck
Weird. I made it up and over last time with no scrapes or bruises, just some tiiiight navigating in some spots. It wasnt as easy as when I'd take my wrangler up there 3 or 4 years ago, but it was by no means bad. I heard though that last fall it got washed out pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Hit up my favorite wheeling spot again this weekend Sand Hollow. If any of you guys want to get a little more hardcore with it, I'll post up next time we go. How can you beat "beach" lake-front camping, swimming, sand dunes, and rockcrawling all at the same time!! What's even better is you can hang out in the water while it's hot all day and then go night wheeling.
That looks like an awesome spot. Is there any easy way to get there, or is it hard?

Unread 07-18-2011, 02:25 AM   #795
ccwrangler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haha nah just the blazer was there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.