Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 529 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #7921
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
I need a 6 inch carb linkage with the ball style connector any ideas where I can get one? Auto Zone didn't have any
Some o Reilly s have a little speed shopish section that may have something. Or try charleston auto parts. They have a huge warehouse in town and usually have everything.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #7922
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Some o Reilly s have a little speed shopish section that may have something. Or try charleston auto parts. They have a huge warehouse in town and usually have everything.
Tried them too. No luck
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #7923
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/143910676.html
Quote:
Brother of teenager killed in Summerlin wants to know why the shooter hasn't been charged
By Rikki Cheese
CREATED 6:17 PM

Relatives of a 19 year old man found dead in a backyard in Summerlin, want to know why the man who shot him has not been charged.

17 year old Tavion Carter spoke out Thursday, on behalf of his devastated family. Carter said, "It's just crucial to find out that it's our brother. That he's gone."

Carter described his beloved brother, 19 year old Demarcus Carter as a good guy who liked to kid around. His older brother was found dead in the backyard of a home near Sahara and Hualapai on Tuesday. The resident shot and killed him claimed Carter was trying to break into the home. Tavion Carter told Action News, his brother did have a past.

"He got into some trouble."

According to court documents, that trouble included thirteen felony counts for crimes ranging from burglary to home invasion in North Las Vegas in 2011. Demarcus Carter was given three years probation in December, and arrested for violating that parole in February.

Tavion Carter says his brother had just been released from jail on Saturday. Three days later, Demarcus Carter was dead. He'd been shot four times with a handgun.

Tavion Carter said his family wants justice. He said, "The man shot him through the window. I don't understand, if he wasn't like, coming to him. I could understand if he was coming to him or he was like, in a position to harm him, then, by all means protect yourself. But, it's like, you just took somebody's life and he didn't even have time to live, you know. He was only 19.

A Metro spokesman told Action News, police are still gathering evidence in the case, and are waiting for a final coroner's report. Then it's up to the District Attorney to determine if the man who shot Demarcus Carter goes to trial for his death.

Keep it tuned to Action News.
Looks like a righteous shooting to me...even a bad lawyer could make a good case
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #7924
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
I need a 6 inch carb linkage with the ball style connector any ideas where I can get one? Auto Zone didn't have any
Try So-Cal Speed Shop on DI & Wynn. I used to get my nitrous jets there. Cool place
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #7925
sirhk100

Talking like the little plastic clip on factory type ball linkage stuff or are you looking for rod end heim type stuff?

McMaster Carr has massive selection of stuff that's surprising and usually delivers next day...

Also, mtn biking... I've got a full suspension sorta cross countryish ride that I've actually NEVER ridden. Got it in a trade for some side work. I'm so fricken outta shape but once my parents leave and now that it's light out darker I'd be down for some late afternoon/early evening rides!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #7926
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Greg and Doc, I ride (attempt) both street and mountain if you ever need or want to go when I happen to be able to....
LMK If you guys ever want to go out. I also road ride. I wish I had a mountain bike though; it's like comparing road running to trail running. Trilbies so much more fun.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #7927
sirhk100

I'm bored... Can't decide if I want to go down to freemont for the miss mint competition, watch tv, or maybe take the truck out and beat on it for a bit.

Unread 03-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #7928
sirhk100

I don't think any of you guys ride dirt bikes but this is the type of racing I do when I do race... This is kurt caselli who is arguably the fastest rider in the nation for this type of racing right now. I know the pros go fast but honestly I had no clue they were like this! If I didn't know better I'd seriously think it's fake. I don't know how you process the information your eyes see to adjust and react at the speed he goes.

Unread 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #7929
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
now that it's light out darker
WTF?? Sounds like north las vegas!
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #7930
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/143910676.html

Looks like a righteous shooting to me...even a bad lawyer could make a good case
Sounds like he got what he should have got in 2011. His little brother needs a few slugs as well. Damn kid needs a good slapping around and a job. I was arrested once as a drunk minor as well as for assault. My dad told me to sleep on my back he would see me when I got out.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #7931
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Sounds like he got what he should have got in 2011. His little brother needs a few slugs as well. Damn kid needs a good slapping around and a job. I was arrested once as a drunk minor as well as for assault. My dad told me to sleep on my back he would see me when I got out.
Bet you only did it ONCE! Good dad!
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #7932
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Bet you only did it ONCE! Good dad!
Your right. Then he kicked my *** when I got home. I learned my lesson. I never got into any trouble like that again.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #7933
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
That sounds good, I need someone to go mountain biking with me. I keep on reading about an awesome downhill up in mt charleston that comes out near robbers roost... but I am too lazy to do the uphill.

I normally head out from my garage on the road bike. Not much for loading everything up just to pedal down a different road. Though I would like to do the Red Rock loop one of these days.
Yeah, I normally ride from my house too when I road ride, but honestly, it's pretty scary til you can get either off the busier roads or onto a road with a decent bike path.

As for mountain, I really like Mt. Charleston's "Bristlecone" trail. 45 minute uphill fire road then awesome singletrack switchback downhill. Very fun ride in the summer. I also go and do Cottonwood alot and Cowboy Trails right across from Red Rock. I'll let you guys know the next time we go.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #7934
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff

Yeah, I normally ride from my house too when I road ride, but honestly, it's pretty scary til you can get either off the busier roads or onto a road with a decent bike path.

As for mountain, I really like Mt. Charleston's "Bristlecone" trail. 45 minute uphill fire road then awesome singletrack switchback downhill. Very fun ride in the summer. I also go and do Cottonwood alot and Cowboy Trails right across from Red Rock. I'll let you guys know the next time we go.
I busted my butt pretty bad on bristlescone last year on the single track going across the mountain side. It was my first time trying clip ins on the mountain bike
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #7935
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just switched to clips last year too. Haven't had anything dramatic occur yet, but there's a first time for everything.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.