Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 520 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #7786
sirhk100

BTW, did you guys know manual jeep TJ's have a shift light? I didn't know that till I hooked up the new Manual ECU that I got yesterday! LOL Now I just gotta get the vin number straightened out and I should be ready to smog it and register it! Almost scary to have a functioning jeep again without a million lights on the dash! And with tunes on top of that even!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #7787
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
BTW, did you guys know manual jeep TJ's have a shift light? I didn't know that till I hooked up the new Manual ECU that I got yesterday! LOL Now I just gotta get the vin number straightened out and I should be ready to smog it and register it! Almost scary to have a functioning jeep again without a million lights on the dash! And with tunes on top of that even!
Awesome you have a fully functioning jeep. Enjoy it in a week you'll be changing something. It never ends.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #7788
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went with with wife to the newly opened Sportsman's Warehouse. While they did have some decent stuff. It seemed like everything was marked a little higher than msrp on several items. About the only thing I saw that had a good price was their branded shirts which were on sale for $4.99. But BPS normally has their branded shirts cheap too.

They did have one of the jumping jack trailers set up though if anyone wanted to see one set up.
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #7789
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Awesome you have a fully functioning jeep. Enjoy it in a week you'll be changing something. It never ends.
Tell me about it!!! Actually to be 100% honest with you... All I have left on my wish list is a rear axle upgrade with a locker. But unless I find a deal I can't pass up that's not happening anytime soon. (like summer of 2013) Now it's just maintenance and usage. Although I do need to drop the t-case back out and split it open again to reseal it cause it's leaking pretty bad so I'm guessing the sealer I used didn't work well or I missed a spot or something. I used the same sealer that's used on KTM and Yamaha motorcycle engines though where there's no gasket or o-ring and it's a machined surface to machined surface mate but obviously something isn't working...

Unread 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #7790
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

To the cell phone parents:

Go with Verizon, they have the best coverage area country wide. If they go with iPhones don't have them buy it at the carriers store. Go to an apple store. They will pay about $60 too much per phone and apple will teach them how to use it.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #7791
sirhk100

See I typically lean towards verizon too... The issue though for them with verizon (who we all currently have but are out of contract on) is that the cabin they bought in northern Minnesota doesn't have verizon coverage. So for the summers they spend u there they won't have phone service which kills a 1/4 of the year for them. They've talked to family in that area and other residents in that area and nobody is running verizon cause of that.

Unread 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #7792
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
See I typically lean towards verizon too... The issue though for them with verizon (who we all currently have but are out of contract on) is that the cabin they bought in northern Minnesota doesn't have verizon coverage. So for the summers they spend u there they won't have phone service which kills a 1/4 of the year for them. They've talked to family in that area and other residents in that area and nobody is running verizon cause of that.
I love Verizon and will probably never switch. Before I was with them I had AT&T and hated it. They were pricks. But if that is the only service your decision is made really. It sucks but better then no phone.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #7793
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

We would have gone with verison but the coverage isn't the best out here in pahrump there isnt any coverage on 160 going to Vegas
Ended up going with at&t not that happy with them t-moble was better exept for there internet
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #7794
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My BF and I travel like crazy - him every week for work and his cell is AT&T and he had a verizon hotspot - this way he can bridge the gap no matter where he is. Last year we took a trip up the western coast from LA to Seattle (on the train so it was crazy remote) between the phones and the hotspot there was very little time we were NOT in a coverage area.

I put my dad on my cell plan AT&T and it only increased my bill about $20 (he has limited data and pretty low minutes) family plans do save lots of money as long as you select the right level of usage for each user.

Remember when sprint says unlimited data - once you reach a certain level you can still access it but they control the download speeds slow you down - its not everything they advertise...
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #7795
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We have verizon and are very happy with them. I used to travel all the time with my last job and I never had any issues. sometimes you have to be realistic and see what suits your needs. Some carriers do have better service in certain areas compared to others. But from what I have seen both verizon and at&t are the top 2 when it comes to nationwide coverage.

We are grandfathered in with an unlimited data plan with verizon, so even if something happened to make us unhappy, it would be hard to switch.

Khris, have you parents considered getting a disposable phone for the time that they are at their cabin and have the current phones set to vacation mode. I am sure if they talked with verizon, they could even have their current calls forwarded to the disposable phones while they are away.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #7796
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
My BF and I travel like crazy - him every week for work and his cell is AT&T and he had a verizon hotspot - this way he can bridge the gap no matter where he is. Last year we took a trip up the western coast from LA to Seattle (on the train so it was crazy remote) between the phones and the hotspot there was very little time we were NOT in a coverage area.

I put my dad on my cell plan AT&T and it only increased my bill about $20 (he has limited data and pretty low minutes) family plans do save lots of money as long as you select the right level of usage for each user.

Remember when sprint says unlimited data - once you reach a certain level you can still access it but they control the download speeds slow you down - its not everything they advertise...

I thought that sprint was one of the only carriers that is "True" unlimited and at&t was the company that would reduce your bandwidth once you hit a certain level

http://www.consumersunion.org/pub/co...es/018368.html
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7797
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I also have unlimited data with Verizon. I signed with them a few months before they got rid of it. I'm the same way they would really have to bend me over to leave.
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7798
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I thought that sprint was one of the only carriers that is "True" unlimited and at&t was the company that would reduce your bandwidth once you hit a certain level

http://www.consumersunion.org/pub/co...es/018368.html
My understanding is that sprint meters usage at certain levels to -
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #7799
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

not sure, I just know that most of their commercials now (They show a bunch during nascar races) is geared towards them not limiting the iphone... cause they have a "true" unlimited plan.

Not sure, I am still having issues that cell phone companies figured a way to get $200 a month out of me for my cell phones which have now turned into leashes. Cause god forbid if someone cannot get a hold of me for a few hours.
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #7800
sirhk100

I know my dad uses a prepaid pay as you go type phone cause typically say, 85% of the time him and my Mom are together so they don't really need two phones. I just know to dial my mom... Half the time he answers anyways. The alternative phone for the summer is something I'll toss their way though to keep in mind during their research.

Funny part for me is if I leave my house without my phone the only thought that crosses my mind is "crap, hopefully the car doesn't break." LOL, other then that I could care less about the phone. Shoot I've got a voicemail on it still from Thursday that I still haven't listened to! HAHA I hate the fact I pay $65 a month for talk and text yet I only use about 1/3 of my allotted minutes yet I already have the cheapest plan Verizon offers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.