Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 517 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #7741
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A few people don't like you even with a Cherokee.

Unread 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #7742
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Woo hoo! I can't wait til mine get here.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #7743
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
So I couldn't hang out with you guys if I had an H2?
I'm going to get hate for this. If I was loaded I would buy an h2 duramax for road trips. I know it is huge and awfull off road but it would be amazing on the highway. Plenty of power to get up any incline and tons of space. The problem is every dickhead has one. Every Ed hardy, fubu, wanna be outdoors man has one. If you have ever driven one it is pretty comfy and roomy inside. But due to the fact they are terrible off road, and crazy uneconomical, and I like having friends I will never have one.

I even looked at the h3 trucks before I bought my f-150 but I never found one with a v8. So let the hate start.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #7744
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hate!
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #7745
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
What size tires and gearing?

I'm on 31's and 3.73 gearing with a 3-speeds trans. I once was passed by a schoolbus uphill. I hope to regear to 4.56 soon so my Jeep won't mind hills so much. Might even get better MPG since it wouldn't be working as hard.
I thought i responded to this last night but i guess not, Mine is the same as yours. even the "new" one has a 2.5 for now
speaking of the new one i picked it up this morning. got it home and pulled the valve cover and found out why it only had compression on 2,3 and 4th cylinders.

got it from a buddy at work for cheap. so i ordered my 25 bucks worth of parts and should have it running fine by thursday
its really clean, im the 3rd owner the first one was an old man that took really good care of it. no rust anywhere. paint its perfect (dirty in pics)
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #7746
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

How much did you get it for? Looks nice, love the color
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #7747
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
How much did you get it for? Looks nice, love the color
$600
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #7748
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Powr, here's your camper. Start building.
brute1.jpg   brute6.jpg   brute7.jpg   brute8.jpg   brute9.jpg  

brute10.jpg  
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #7749
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^wow... You are the man. That's an awesome deal.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #7750
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, I pulled my rear axle today. Removed my mangled truss and ground everything smooth. Ordered my new t&t truss today. Gotta go get a new acetylene bottle tomorrow and I'll be back in business soon.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #7751
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
What makes a tire go out of balance? Is it just losing the weights, tire wear or does the tire move around the wheel?
And yes some times tire will rotate on the rim and take out the balance ......But dont worry the 4 cyl ain't got that kinda power
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #7752
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Fecker.

It was fine for a year, then the balance felt off after some steep climbs in 4Lo on a muddy trail. I thought it might have been mud collecting inside the wheel that threw the balance off. I hosed off the wheels and it did feel better, but it has gotten worse again. I'll get the tires balanced and rotated sometime this week.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #7753
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm going to get hate for this. If I was loaded I would buy an h2 duramax for road trips. I know it is huge and awfull off road but it would be amazing on the highway. Plenty of power to get up any incline and tons of space. The problem is every dickhead has one. Every Ed hardy, fubu, wanna be outdoors man has one. If you have ever driven one it is pretty comfy and roomy inside. But due to the fact they are terrible off road, and crazy uneconomical, and I like having friends I will never have one.

I even looked at the h3 trucks before I bought my f-150 but I never found one with a v8. So let the hate start.
My wife had to have an H3 so we finally got her one after a year of wanting it. I leveled it and put 33ís and rims on it. Long story short we traded it in 6 months after buying it. Biggest POS I have ever ridden in. not to mention the five-cylinder engine is way gutless and after the level and bigger tires couldnít get better than 9 MPG.
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #7754
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Powr, here's your camper. Start building.
If you're bankrolling it I'll start Wednesday!
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #7755
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

My wife had to have an H3 so we finally got her one after a year of wanting it. I leveled it and put 33’s and rims on it. Long story short we traded it in 6 months after buying it. Biggest POS I have ever ridden in. not to mention the five-cylinder engine is way gutless and after the level and bigger tires couldn’t get better than 9 MPG.
That was the reason I didn't buy an h3 truck. The only ones in town were the 5 cylinder and I hated it. Exactly what you said gutless and inefficient. The closest 5.3 h3t was in northern Cali and they wouldn't transfer. Then I found a really good deal on my truck and bought it. I'm not a huge fan of my truck and really miss driving my zj. I have been considering selling it and buying a tj but that will have to wait until we buy a house. Having a truck is to useful when moving.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.