Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 516 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #7726
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You weren't kidding about your designs. I was looking through a catalog and some of your competitors looked like all they did was add their name to it. Is that legal to steal someone elses design like that?
Nope, nothing we can do about other then accept it as flattery that our stuff is so cool that they copied it to perfection! On the shift knob, as goofy as it sounds, we patented the tire tread pattern. I promise that's the only reason they didn't copy it all the way. Our hood hold downs are also patented or I'm betting they'd have copied that.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=eUf...page&q&f=false

Yes, there, you can find my last name... LOL I still need to get them to update my business card to "patented inventor" LOL!!!

I'll give them props, they did a really good job copying them! Hopefully the stocked up HUGE on the engine caps just in spite cause they don't sell worth a crap! LOL

It's not just our product line either. RR is VERY well known for ripping off others in the industry! If you really pay attention you can find most of their products in another companies product line. So either EVERYONE else out there is picking and choosing what to copy of theirs and they're amazing innovators in all ends of the jeep aftermarket... Orrr... They're copying bits and pieces of everyone elses product lines! I'm leaning towards the 2nd idea.... Especially since our stuff they copied has been on the market for over 2 years and theirs just now hit the market.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #7727
sirhk100

On the copying thing I remember the first part I learned about that was copied and I was stoked!!! I was VERY new in the suspension industry and was stoked when I was driving down the freeway and saw a fabtech kit under a truck that basically had my exact brackets under it!!! At the time we were a nobody company and they were huge!!! That was awesome in my eyes!!! The owner didn't appreciate it but I did! LOL Then I remember years later, still at the same company walking around sema I spotted a booth with lift kits in it that looked just like ours. Funny thing is my sema badge had my employer as a powder coating company which was the parent company for the suspension line so I could walk thru our competitor's booths and they'd have no clue I was their enemy! LOL So I talk with this company about their lift acting like I'm looking for powder coating customers. Sure enough after looking closer, our part numbers are still visibly stamped on the parts and you could spot them showing thru the paint! So damn comical to me!!! I went ahead and sent the owner of the company down to straighten that situation out. I'm pretty sure he walked over there with some of the SEMA reps with him to try and get them booted out of the show once he proved that the guy had literally just repainted and rebadged our product line as theirs!

Unread 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #7728
sirhk100

LOL ours...

Theirs... (at least I hid the set screw under the tire tread!!!!)

YSB, ours!!! (or yours...)

Theirs... (remember, tire tread was patented...)

http://www.google.com/patents?id=36j...page&q&f=false

(scott drake is the company owner, tim dunn is the other designer here. There's two of us...)

Unread 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #7729
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Anyone know what kind of pop up tent this is or if they even make it anymore? It looks small and light. The other tents I have see have been 100lbs- 160lbs. I don't like all that weight up on the top.
picture-11.jpg   picture-12.png  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #7730
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Doesn't look familiar. ARB makes a nice one, but they're expensive. If I had the space and money, I think I'd prefer an offroad camping trailer. You can carry more gear and passengers. With a rooftop trailer, I'd also be concerned about leaning it into something.

You're a handy guy, Powr. It probably wouldn't be hard for you to make a capable offroad trailer. I wouldn't mind helping with that just to see what you came up with.
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #7731
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Question for you, sirhk. Is there a reason why your company isn't getting patents on everything? When I worked in medical research, anything that was a good idea was patented.

Also, the guy who painted over your stuff, what's the rest of that story?
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #7732
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Doesn't look familiar. ARB makes a nice one, but they're expensive. If I had the space and money, I think I'd prefer an offroad camping trailer. You can carry more gear and passengers. With a rooftop trailer, I'd also be concerned about leaning it into something.

You're a handy guy, Powr. It probably wouldn't be hard for you to make a capable offroad trailer.
Thanks for crapping all over my idea dude.
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #7733
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Thanks for crapping all over my idea dude.
Forgot you invented camping trailers. You should have patented it.
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #7734
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone know what kind of pop up tent this is or if they even make it anymore? It looks small and light. The other tents I have see have been 100lbs- 160lbs. I don't like all that weight up on the top.
Wild Boar Products makes really nice rooftop tents, saw them at SEMA this year!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #7735
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Forgot you invented camping trailers. You should have patented it.
picture-13.png  
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #7736
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I wish I could get a trailer for mine, but I'd have to raise money just to be broke and my 2.5L slows down after grocery shopping and hauling a couple cases of water.
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #7737
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Wild Boar Products makes really nice rooftop tents, saw them at SEMA this year!
They make great stuff. I love their Fastback hard top. Don't remember the pricing, but it looks expensive.
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #7738
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

What is the meaning of this?
picture-14.jpg  
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #7739
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
What is the meaning of this?
When I thought that last hummer you posted a pic of was the worst one I would ever see, you go and out do yourself. That is utterly retarded and disturbing. The worst part is we probably pay for their groceries.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #7740
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So I couldn't hang out with you guys if I had an H2?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.