Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#10,230 ·
sirhk100 said:
Totally depends on how much of it you do and what side trails you explore. We did the whole thing from Barstow to Laughlin in a day in jeeps but it was a LONG day. Distance was about 120 miles in the dirt. If you were starting in Vegas, driving to barstow, doing the trail to laughlin with zero side trips and then returning home, sorry but it's not going to happen in a day. But you can cut in from various locations and do bits and pieces of it as you please. It's definitely something that's more of a planned run then a just go out and explore type thing in my opinion. The side trails are what really make the run fun! The road itself has a couple scenic sections but really it's nothing that spectacular. The good stuff is on the offshoots from the mojave road.
Ahhh, probably will pass then. I am definitely down for a nice run, but all day for mediocre stuff doesn't sound like much fun; especially when I've got to leave town Sunday morning.

#10,231 ·
ahuf said:
from what I’ve been told McFaddens are mainly suppliers to the industrial companies and not so much the little solo garage mechanic. Their prices are pretty decent on some tools though. To bad they are 25minutes from me and closed by the time I’m off work.:eek: Better than Home Depot or Lowes any day.
I love McFadden's, every time I'm stuck for a specialty bolt, tool, fitting, spring, o-ring, or just an idea, they have what I need. I am definitely a shade tree mechanic too and they haven't treated me anything less than professionally.

#10,232 ·
ksturgio said:
Looks like an old shack of some kind that collapsed. Now I'll quit being a smart a$$. There are little hunting shacks and sheep herders shacks all over in Utah. My guess would be one of those two.
Im just curious I thought it was a shed too but not sure of the pyramid shaped things. There are four of them stacked up.

#10,233 ·
We don't HAVE to do mojave! It's probably more of a fall/winter run anyway. Wheeler pass or burro wash? Something cooler maybe? Ideas?

#10,234 ·
I did Angel's Peak last weekend and was pleased at how awesome it was. The last two miles have 2000 feet of vertical rise, which works out to an average grade of 20% over that span. Some of that is flat, while some of that is much steeper. The traction was iffy at places, and I was grateful for the rear locker.

#10,237 ·
B0nez said:
I am going to Hesparia, CA Saturday morning.. FINALLY found someone selling a HT for my LJ at a decent price/distance. :D
How much you getting it for? I want one for the TJ, but everyone thinks they're made of gold with diamond hardware!

#10,239 ·
Powrjunkey said:
How much you getting it for? I want one for the TJ, but everyone thinks they're made of gold with diamond hardware!
It still has wrapping on it from the factory.. $1500

Now I really gotta get on the ball and get the dust washed off of my old YJ full size doors and YJ hardtop so I can sell 'em and recover some of that cost!

#10,240 ·
gregaf3 said:
being that close you should drive up through big bear. If you keep on going down the 15 a little bit further you can hook 138, then 18 and just come back through the back way from big bear into barstow.
Yeah, but I am driving a near stock '94 Chevy 2500 p/u to bring it home on. I don't have the hardware or the manpower to lift/position an extra long top on my rig so the truck's a safer bet for this trip. Plus it's no fun to wheel alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.