Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#10,184 ·
yes, the rubber bushing should just be starting to buldge basically.

as for the pliers, they called them duckbill pliers but i'm not finding them anywhere online for a example to show. The 2 pairs he lent me are both snap on and I'm looking thru their webpage and not even finding the ones I have. Basically they're like needle nose pliers except when you squeeze they open. Also, the teeth are like serations on the outside of the prongs rather then the inside where they'd normally be. One pair has like a square end and the other pair is almost like a "J" shaped end.

All I know is I own a couple different types of standard type snap ring pliers. none of them worked when I did my SYE. I spent close to an hour plus getting the two rings off back when I installed the kit a few months ago where last night it took seconds to remove them using the right tool! I'm about to head out right now and slap it back in place...

#10,185 ·
closest I've found so far but still not a good shot of what they are. You can see they open when squeezed and the outside edge is serrated for grip on the ones I have. They're about 3/8" wide. These are similar to one of the two pairs he let me borrow.

#10,190 ·
I think I may have asked before, but is there an inexpensive way to buy/build sway bar disconnects for a TJ? The cheapest I've seen them is around 60-80, but I'm going to do a lift on the jeep an son want to be in them for that much because they would just be useless later. Any ideas? I've though about using an all thread type connection at the top, but don't like it entirely.

#10,191 ·
Couldn't you just put a bolt thru the bottom with a thin jam nut to hold it to the axle bracket. Then slide the swaybar over it and drill a hole in the bolt on the other side of the sway bar to just put a lynch pin thru? That's basically all mine is. I just pull one side off and strap it back to the swaybar itself.

Side note, when rebuilding tcase, make sure oil pump goes between tail cone and rear case half, not inside case half while you're not paying attention and bs'ing with the roomie. Permanent damage resulting in ordering a new oil pump will be the result. On a side note though, it goes together way easier if you do install it wrong! LOL

#10,192 ·
Powrjunkey said:
I think I may have asked before, but is there an inexpensive way to buy/build sway bar disconnects for a TJ? The cheapest I've seen them is around 60-80, but I'm going to do a lift on the jeep an son want to be in them for that much because they would just be useless later. Any ideas? I've though about using an all thread type connection at the top, but don't like it entirely.
I will sell you the ones I have for a 4" lift that you can cut to your size and weld back together. Then you can use Khris's idea since mine pivot on top with a bracket versus the ball joint on top like the stock ones! They are yours for $25! Let me know if you'd like a pic of them.

#10,194 ·
sirhk100 said:
found it, they're called "lockring pliers" I've never seen them but I will be adding a pair to my tool inventory for sure cause these would've been helpful many times over the years!!!
I've looked a few places to buy a pair. I have only found the crappy universal ones where the heads are interchangeable. Maybe I'll break down and order online. Thanks for the picks man.

#10,200 ·
Here's the deal. I've received complaints from brand new screen names and a few complaints that have escalated to higher levels. Some of it was from that AlexReid person. Some was not. I still don't think that person was real and that it was a joke by someone here to stir things up. If that was real, it was a new level of crazy. Despite the complaints, I'm still here.

Here's the thing, I know I make fun of people. Often, I know there's no filter between brain and mouth. I'm about to turn 40 and I didn't think there was much of an age difference, but there is. In just that few short years difference, I think people are more sensitive. Whereas, in my generation, it was our intention to give someone something to talk about in therapy.

Just so I'm clear, I know I say things that are probably inappropriate. Also, let me make this clear. Almost all of it isn't meant to be taken seriously. Stupid Bunny is in my name. That's not a guy to be taken seriously. If you want to joke around with me, I'm totally fine with it. I think I make fun of myself almost as much as I do others.

All of this is strictly entertainment value for me.
That is probably the most intelligent thing I have ever heard YSB say and could not agree more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.