Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 502 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #7516
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282 View Post
Do you guys know of a trail that you think would be safe during rain?
I had set aside this saturday to go hit up a trail or two, but it definitely looks like it's going to rain now. I don't want to get caught out in a flash flood or something, so is there anywhere I can go that's going to be safe?
Personally, I would not head out alone on any trails with which I was unfamiliar in the rain no matter how easy or safe it may seem. If you do, try to stay within cellphone coverage so you can call one of us when something happens. Bring some food and water just in case you end up waiting for a while.

Unread 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #7517
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've run Cottonwood Pass during a heavy rain and it was fine the whole way. There were small washes off to the sides in some spots, but none that threatened the road or safety.

It's about 12 miles long running from Blue Diamond Road to Goodsprings. Most of the trail is overlooked by Mt. Potosi so, you should be in cell range from their communication towers the whole way.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #7518
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

If memory serves, and it's about as bad as Ysb's, so this shouldn't be trusted, Kodachrome should be ok. It's behind Frenchman mtn and is accessed by taking lake mead blvd toward the lake and keep an eye out on the left before the toll booth. There's interpretive signs where the trails start. Nice little set of two or three decent trails.
If MY memory serves Kodachrome requires crossing several washes.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #7519
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

But yeah. Wheeling alone is.never smart its less smart to wheel alone in unfamiliar territory, and even less smart to do so during inclement weather.

Just my two cents.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #7520
sirhk100

Well considering I got my registration renewal in the mail yesterday which means smog check I guess the timing for purchasing the ECU for my jeep was perfect. Should have that in the next couple days at least!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #7521
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I hope it goes smoothly for you. I hate dealing with the retard at the smog place. I do know that the My Auto lube places do the smog for $10.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #7522
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

They used to have smog checks back in Florida. There weren't independant stands that performed the test. They were all city employees. When they started the program, it was agreed that, after ten years, if the program did not improve air quality the program would be disbanded.

After ten years, the study showed zero improvement in air quality and they shut down the program. Them following through with the program closure really surprised me. The city lost a huge chunk of budget when it closed.
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #7523
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Is anyone running a iron rock tie rod and drag link set up? I just put one on my zj and could use some help adjusting it. Then i just have to patch the frame, and go through renewing the registration and i can drive it again.
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #7524
sirhk100

I've got to get the vin programmed to match my jeep once I get the ECU and then hopefully it'll just pass like normal. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do. It's dumb cause in reality, a transmission swap should not allow your vehicle to fail smog but I know with the CEL on it's not going to pass! LOL Yes, I know my torque converter lock up solenoids don't work since they don't exist anymore! But what does that have to do with smog??? LOL

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #7525
sirhk100

Nope, but patch the frame? What did you do?

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #7526
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I've got to get the vin programmed to match my jeep once I get the ECU and then hopefully it'll just pass like normal. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do. It's dumb cause in reality, a transmission swap should not allow your vehicle to fail smog but I know with the CEL on it's not going to pass! LOL Yes, I know my torque converter lock up solenoids don't work since they don't exist anymore! But what does that have to do with smog??? LOL
Just reset the cel down the road then have it smoged.
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #7527
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Nope, but patch the frame? What did you do?
The upper control arm mount ripped off. It made a nice hole wile doing so
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #7528
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282 View Post
Do you guys know of a trail that you think would be safe during rain?
I had set aside this saturday to go hit up a trail or two, but it definitely looks like it's going to rain now. I don't want to get caught out in a flash flood or something, so is there anywhere I can go that's going to be safe?
There are a few that are fairly easy up in the spring mountains. The higher you go in elevation, it should turn into snow.

Though I do agree with everyone about not going out by yourself esp during possible bad weather, I do it all the time. But if I have a choice, I always go with someone or have enough gear to survive and/or get out of most situations.

I would probably run the trail to Giffith summit. Though there are a few spots that could be slick, but they should be fine. I would run this trail in bad weather... then again I did run Wheelers during some bad weather too. It is just off of Kyle Canyon if you follow Harris Spring road.
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #7529
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Well considering I got my registration renewal in the mail yesterday which means smog check I guess the timing for purchasing the ECU for my jeep was perfect. Should have that in the next couple days at least!
Who are you going to get to do the vin swap for ya
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #7530
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Everything if your trans is slipping your engine is working harder thus polutin more
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.