Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 494 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #7396
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey sounds like you guys know your shocks! I need some bad for mine, they are the originals believe it or not at 120K miles

I'll probably get some OEM Mopar ones, they lasted this long with towing the pop up and all too. You recommend anything else? I don't want to have to set/tune them, just install & go.

Khris you get your ECM yet? I finally found out what that thing was that hit the ground, just the stupid plastic clip on the connector saw it was broke, still has the main one though so it's all good!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #7397
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
You recommend anything else?
I'm an Old Man Emu fan
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #7398
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I need to get some shocks too. Are there any brands to avoid?
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #7399
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
ProComp. I got some for my jeep and it rides like crap. My old 86 K10 with a 8" lift rode better then my tj
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #7400
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post

Assuming we are talking stock replacement or shocks for a regular lift.....

IMO stay away from any of the cheap white bodied gas charged shocks ie: Pro-comp, Rough-Country, Rancho, Skyjacker....ect

For a smooth controlled ride I like the Old Man Emu
For a firmer ride the Bilsteins are good

If there is one thing I have learned over the last 15+ years of wheeling, it's not to go cheap on shocks if you value the ride or handling of your Jeep at all!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #7401
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I wouldn't piss on Skyjacker anything if it was on fire.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #7402
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

ProComp. I got some for my jeep and it rides like crap. My old 86 K10 with a 8" lift rode better then my tj
I have procomps one my grand. I would have to agree with you at the time the price was right but never again.
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #7403
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

It seems like everything in the north has an HOA.
Not me - haha!!!
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #7404
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
I'm not sure how relative this is, but I have been told by more than a couple builders to NOT buy or build a house in North Vegas due to soil conditions (I forgot what they called it). Evidently lots of issues with settling and foundation/structural cracks?

I have been looking for a place on at least 1/2 acre and there a several I would have love to have pursued, but every time I get interested there is an offer by an investor or some kind of baggage with the bank! I've been looking over in the south in between I15 all the way to Durango, kind of near Warm Springs. I also like it out south of Blue Diamond, but no luck.
Lots of places for sale near me - zoning requires 1/2 acre min lot size in this area- Durango between lone mtn & Ann rd and west
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #7405
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
So I stop at burger king to grab some lunch. As I'm enjoying my meal these three guys are having a shouting match at their table. I go and sit in the opposite end so I don't have to hear it while I eat lunch. As I'm eating I over hear what they are yelling at each other about. It turns out they are arguing about the effect worm holes had on the star trek ship. I didn't know these people actually exist.
Damn my xhisband's back in town
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #7406
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
Lots of places for sale near me - zoning requires 1/2 acre min lot size in this area- Durango between lone mtn & Ann rd and west
I'll have to get out back that way....I saw several out there I liked, but it would turn my commute to work into at least a 30min drive one way
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #7407
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

For those of you looking for shocks. I have some new in the box Fox shocks for the rear. They are Savvy Offroad-spec valving. If you look on Savvy's website, they are the rear shocks for 4" of lift. I just bought them in November. Never mounted or anything, they are new. I was going to use them before I changed my mind and decided to outboard the rear shocks. Pm me if interested.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #7408
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BTW, Garza is right about the cheap shocks. Rough Country, Skyjacker, Pro Comp are all complete crap. Old Man Emu, Bilstein and Fox have very good reputations. I have personally used Bilstein and Fox and there is no comparison.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #7409
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I remember using DT's years ago and liking them. They are a cheaper shock but good for the money.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #7410
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
I have procomps one my grand. I would have to agree with you at the time the price was right but never again.
well mine was really cheap, 60 bucks for a very lightly used 2.5" lift with shocks so i cant complain to much
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.