Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#9,862 ·
If you're talking about the mojave road, it starts in Barstow and runs all the way to laughlin in the dirt. We did it last year...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Road

I've got the entire route on .gpx file if someone wanted it.

I've got pictures from when I did it but they're not uploaded. These are some pictures from some friends that just did it again a few weeks ago though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+vegas&hl=en&ll=35.130695,-116.095252&spn=0.00116,0.002342&hnear=Las+Vegas,+C lark,+Nevada&t=h&z=19

merrick, here's that tube I was talking about going to check out this past weekend that I obviously never made it to.

Since I know you guys will ask... These lava tubes are located RIGHT HERE at the end of this hiking path. It's a couple hundred yard hike off the dirt road to them and there's a metal ladder to access down into them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...04683&hnear=Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada&t=h&z=18

I actually am pretty bummed I missed the run a few weeks ago. We had a good time on it last year but we blasted all the way thru in a day and didn't do any of the side runs that they did this year.

#9,863 ·
#9,865 ·
I added some google maps links in both the posts above if you didn't catch them. I only needed 4wd on one short climb and in the wash leading out of barstow which is bypassable... Next time I'd probably do it in my truck to be honest with you.

#9,866 ·
This summer, I actually would like to spend some time up in Pioche, Panaca, Cathedral Gorge & Caliente. Great spots to escape on weekends. Much cooler temps and all old gold mining country with lots of **** up there to check out supposedly. I've only been up there on dirt bikes and raced up there so I wasn't exactly sight seeing.

#9,867 ·
#9,870 ·
If the cops hadn't stopped him to check him out an then he went on a shooting rampage, the public would have asked "why wasn't he questioned? Why wasn't he checked out?" can't have it both ways.

#9,871 ·
Holy cow.. I leave town for a few days and someone cranks up the heat!? I gotta go wheelin again before it gets much hotter. My buddy Mike and I are itchin for some wheelin that isn't another Potato Ridge run. Any runs this Saturday? If not, anyone want to organize one for this Saturday mornin?

#9,872 ·
With very few exceptions, I've had good contacts and interactions with police. I can relate to trying to keep the peace and have the same people you're trying to help take a massive shyt on you any chance they could.

I know the pressures of having to work within the confines of rules that could get you and your men hurt. I also understand how a provoked man in that position can snap and how easy it can become to lay morals down for just a moment and rage on someone.

#9,873 ·
Powrjunkey said:
If the cops hadn't stopped him to check him out an then he went on a shooting rampage, the public would have asked "why wasn't he questioned? Why wasn't he checked out?" can't have it both ways.
Absolutely, they can't just ignore something like that. Since they received a call/complaint could they have asked him to move along because he was creating a public disturbance? That would've taken the wind out of the guys sails.. Public disturbances can range from doing a chicken dance in the nude while waving a dead rat in the air with a rotten pickle tied to your left ear to just sitting quietly and staring at people that go by and snarling at them when they get close..

#9,875 ·
People don't realize that their individual rights stop at the next person. If something you are doing is infringing on someone else's rights, you cannot continue that behavior. Even though it's an open carry state, if people complain, you are required to move along and vacate the area.

#9,876 ·
I was yelled at by a guy in a wheel chair today. He was going in and out of an office building I was also inside of. I opened the door for him his first 4 times through the door just trying to help him since they weren't assisted opening doors. The 5th time he was coming in I was being helped at a desk and didn't see him trying to come in. He rolls over to me and starts to cuss me out telling me to get off my *** and help a wounded vet. I stood there kinda shocked then I started laughing because I thought he was joking with me. Nope he wasn't, so he really starts to go nuts. Come to find out he was in a motorcycle wreck 27 yrs ago. Not wounded in action and was in the coast guard. I've never been so pissed in my life. I was tempted to tip him out of his chair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.