Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 493 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #7381
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

There's houses all around me for sale-no HOA! Should go poo on the HOA's chair's front yard. I have lots of dog poo for extra volume!
Where about we are still looking.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #7382
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Where about we are still looking.
He lives across from a school so he can watch the young girls. So when can we come over, I have lawn chairs.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #7383
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
What do you think about FOA?
Khris might be able to chime in on this a little more than myself, but I had a few buddies run some FOA shocks several years ago. They had some issues be it, leaking seals, pitted shafts ect...BUT from what I hear they have turned that all around and are providing a lot better customer service. I would give them a try, but my suspension builder has experience with the Fox's so I went that route.....I have ran Sway-a-way, Fox, King, Walker Evans, Bilsteins and several others. Each has thier pros/cons I just like black and blue, goes with my colors
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #7384
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

He lives across from a school so he can watch the young girls. So when can we come over, I have lawn chairs.
Dude, what's wrong with you??? There's TWO schools...double the fun!
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #7385
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Warm springs and bermuda
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #7386
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Warm springs and bermuda
It seems like everything in the north has an HOA.
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #7387
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure how relative this is, but I have been told by more than a couple builders to NOT buy or build a house in North Vegas due to soil conditions (I forgot what they called it). Evidently lots of issues with settling and foundation/structural cracks?

I have been looking for a place on at least 1/2 acre and there a several I would have love to have pursued, but every time I get interested there is an offer by an investor or some kind of baggage with the bank! I've been looking over in the south in between I15 all the way to Durango, kind of near Warm Springs. I also like it out south of Blue Diamond, but no luck.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #7388
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

A lot I people don't know that there is a massive under ground water source under the entire valley. Sink holes do happen here but not very often. I don't know if that is the issue in nlv but it is an issue especially in the lower parts of the valley.
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #7389
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

So I stop at burger king to grab some lunch. As I'm enjoying my meal these three guys are having a shouting match at their table. I go and sit in the opposite end so I don't have to hear it while I eat lunch. As I'm eating I over hear what they are yelling at each other about. It turns out they are arguing about the effect worm holes had on the star trek ship. I didn't know these people actually exist.
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #7390
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
So I stop at burger king to grab some lunch. As I'm enjoying my meal these three guys are having a shouting match at their table. I go and sit in the opposite end so I don't have to hear it while I eat lunch. As I'm eating I over hear what they are yelling at each other about. It turns out they are arguing about the effect worm holes had on the star trek ship. I didn't know these people actually exist.
Well at least they were arguing about something that can change the world for the better! At least they weren't arguing over who would win a fight between captain Kirk and captain Picard! That would be absurd, they were not alive at the same time!(ashamed I know that)
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #7391
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
What do you think about FOA?
I'm swinging by FOA today after work to pick up a leaking bumpstop they fixed for me. My only 1st hand experience with them is bumpstops and ehhhh is about what I can say. But!!!!!! They will 100% back their product no questions asked. They did for me and I can point you to COUNTLESS threads online saying the same thing. For a while it seemed like their issue was lack of attention to detail in the final assembly process. People were commenting that if you buy their shocks, step one was to strip them completely down to bare, clean up any sharp edges, replace the fluid and slap them back together. Basically be your own quality control guy for them and then the shocks were pretty much awesome. For the price compared to other brands I'd say it's worth it... One nice thing, FOA is here in town so service is easy to come by.

If you do that initial tear down, it is nice cause you'll learn a lot about how shocks work, see all the guts, etc... You'll see how easy it is to do valving changes and be more likely to tweek with them and tune them for your vehicle. Until you experience the difference this makes in the performance of your vehicle words can't explain truely how important this is! Really for the most part, pulling the shocks off the truck and reinstalling them is typically more labor intensive then actually rebuilding the shock itself... When people pay to have their shocks valved you're mostly paying for the knowledge that person has on what shims to put inside the shock cause the actual labor involved is very basic. As far as choosing what to put in there, I could give you a very basic entry level explination of how it all works and then toss a couple interesting things people try. Then I promise once it sinks in and you've played a little you'll start scheming ways to custom do valve stacks yourself. If they don't work, it's not going to hurt anything, it'll just make your ride worse. You can always go back as long as you're taking notes of previous setups... Heck, you could be the next jeep shock valving guru with enough trial and error and learning!

Lately though those comments of the initial rebuild needs have disappeared so either they've gotten better or it's just turned into a given and people aren't complaining anymore.

1 thing... They are 100% built in house. I saw that first hand last week when I dropped off my bumpstop.

For a cheap budget toy, my gut feeling is I'd run them. For something racing or that's seeing serious abuse I'd probably go with a name brand that's a bit higher up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #7392
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I made the mistake of going to Rio buffet during one of their conventions. Some real freaks out there for sure.
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #7393
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
dude I just read that whole thread, it was awesome. someone even transferred it to jalopnk

http://jalopnik.com/5893016/if-you-s...our-***-kicked
epic!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #7394
sirhk100

So, the comment the other day about me always being busy is pretty true and working on projects... Here's where it all comes from! I'm 34y/o. My parents are pretty young still and retired traveling full time. They do a couple habitat for humanity builds per year in their travels. My mom is a retired bank manager and my dad worked with spy satellite stuff for the gov. I'm in the auto industry. Non of us are construction by trade but having owned homes my parents were hardcore DIY'ers and so I picked up on it.

With that said, my parents rolled into town yesterday around 5pm so right now they've been here less then 24 hours. I took them out and showed them what I had in mind for my bathroom remodel that was about 75% done before my water leak and I knew it was going to snowball cause of that leak. So I showed them tiles, fixutres, etc... Got a game plan last night. Well I just got this picture sent to my phone about an hour ago. LOL remember, this is their first day here and they're going to be here for probably about 4 weeks!!! No time to breath! They're diving right in!

BTW, the leak had nothing to do with the shower and it was usable this morning when I left the house for work! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #7395
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice, when they run out of stuff to do at your house, send them my way.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.