Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 490 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #7336
sirhk100

I was gonna say the same thing Garza. Looks to me like a legit chase truck, not a wannabe at all. Not the best picture but I highly doubt anyone is running around with a chase rack in the bed of their truck to look cool. I'd LOVE to have that truck to use to tow my truck or jeep around on a trailer with!

Here's the baldwin dodge Garza is talking about.

And here's what it sometimes tows...

As for the trucks with just front fenders... Everyone starts somewhere. I'm sure at one point you had a pretty lame looking jeep that others with built jeeps thought was a poser jeep not realizing you were building it to what you had a vision off. And I'll bet there was a bunch of people in lowered imports, exotic cars, prerunners, mud trucks, etc that thought your ride looked pretty lame too. For all you know, that truck with front fenders you're laughing at next year might be lined up at the starting line of their first race about to do what they've dreamed of for years! I know I'm on schedule to do it myself this Oct! One thing I've learned being in the auto design industry for 10+ years now is that I don't totally understand why everyone does some of the things they do to their rides but I can appreciate the effort and work they've put into it to get there. I'll never understand the lowered cars with hydraulics and bassboat flake paint jobs but you know what, I can appreciate the level of work and attention to detail some of those people put into those rides!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #7337
sirhk100

Hopefully by mid-late summer a truck that started like this will be substantially further along and ready for testing to get race ready for Oct!

My goal is to transform that "fender" truck into something to beat up on my friend Shawn that races his F150!!!

And our main goal and dream is to push the toyota down freemont street next year around this time! Then my friend hopefully will see the green flag in his first mint 400 and many hours later that day hopefully I'll see a checkered flag to the mint 400!

Some of you guys will recognize my driveway! LOL, anyone else wanna cut holes in a perfectly good $14K truck!

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #7338
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think the toughest thing to get over with these trucks is most of the people putting fenders and cutting up their mini truck is their attitude. You guys are obviously good guys enjoying your sport. It's just that these s h itbags drive like maniacs because they have fiberglass fenders.

It's the same with jeep and street car guys. A lot of people that modify cars or trucks are a-holes. It's not that all are it's just the few who ruin it for everyone else.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #7339
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I think the toughest thing to get over with these trucks is most of the people putting fenders and cutting up their mini truck is their attitude. You guys are obviously good guys enjoying your sport. It's just that these s h itbags drive like maniacs because they have fiberglass fenders.

It's the same with jeep and street car guys. A lot of people that modify cars or trucks are a-holes. It's not that all are it's just the few who ruin it for everyone else.
Agree'd and honestly, I think Vegas is worse then other areas with that idea too! Az was rad!!! Everyone into the offroad scene was super laid back and cool, no egos, etc... They looked like average dudes when they got out of their trucks. Here, ehhh, not so much! LOL I've actually stopped being active in a few forums that I've been on since like '04 cause of the way the other Vegas people portray themselves and I don't want to be associated or lumped in with that group. There's definitely an ego thing that comes along with the scene a bit!

It's like the dirt bike guys... The guys that race track seem to have the egos and think their crap don't stink. The guys that trail ride will do anything to help you and are 99.9% of the time great people. I've seen people in races on the tracks run over others trying to get their plastic trophys! In offroad though I've seen pros that make a living stop for injured crashed riders and throw their race to make sure they get help!

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #7340
sirhk100

One other thing... You won't see me driving nuts on the street in my truck! I need all the help I can to not draw police attention in it! If you ever see me turning the a corner on the street it might look like I'm being retarded but it's just the nature of the truck. And if you hear me squeeling my tires around corners... I bet I'm barely on the gas! A spool will do that though!

Ask puck, he squeezed in my truck and was laughing the first time I turned a corner in it! LOL Let's just say all that travel comes with a bit of body roll!

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #7341
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I completly agree! I have always loved Desert Racing, but growing up in TX my whole life it was a pipe dream. Now that i'm in the desert, have ridden in TT's and pre-runners I have a whole new respect for it. BJ Baldwins shop is just down the street from my office so I see his Dodge, his chase truck, his hauler and hear the roar from the TT when he's out playing in the parking lot. If you like that stuff, it will give you the chills. I guess I'm different but if you put a new 1M$ Bugatti Veyron and a 1m$ TT next to each other and said take one....I'd take the TT everytime because it not only can go 200mph.....it can do it OFF-Road!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #7342
sirhk100

BTW, I think this link will be viewable by non members of this forum. I know you all probably like a story where the bad guys get what they deserve right??? This went down last Sunday and is posted by a friend of mine in Az. The shop involved (SDHQ) is the primary sponsor that we've picked up so far with the race truck. Either way, it's an epic read with pictures and everything. A bit long but the details are great!

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/102508-This-is-what-happens-when-you-try-2-STEAL-THE-SDHQ-TRAILER!!!

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #7343
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

are you trying to tell me that you still had body roll while making right hand turns with puck in? I call BS!!

I agree that this town is full of posers. From all the ed hardy, tapout, and flat bill hat wearing punks. But then again, I guess it all fits into the "pretty fly for a white guy" theme!!! I watched a guy speed off in an eclipse the other day, and I just chuckled to myself as I thought that he had no idea just how ghey he looked!!!!
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #7344
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
are you trying to tell me that you still had body roll while making right hand turns with puck in? I call BS!!
HAHAHAHAHA hard to believe right!!!!

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #7345
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dangit Khris!! all this truck talk makes me want to look for something again! I'll have to live vicariously through you and my buddies truck lol. I just commited to fully pimping out my Jeep with a Currie Fab609 front, Dynatrac HP60 rear and the same suspension that won the EMC race at KOH. So hopefully I'll be able to do some minor go fast stuff in the Jeep!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #7346
sirhk100

Those KOH rigs could smoke my truck that's for sure! Absolutely amazing how fast those rigs were running! You going coilovers on yours? If so, as long as your axles don't bend from hard landings you should be able to cruise a good pace. I used to ride shotgun in a jeepspeed that was well built and was always blown away at what it would hold up to! It's mostly all in the shock tuning to be honest! If the KOH guys would focus some more attention on the shock valving they'd be shocked cause it was obvious some had never had their shocks apart!

LOL, for what that upgrade cost you you could've bought a pretty mid level prerunner probably but then you'd be like me, having a little of both but neither are amazing persay! If I was starting from scratch I'd be doing a KOH type rig for sure!

We need to ramp your jeep against my 2WD truck when it's finished!!! I want to take my yota to the next Adam's open house thing and ramp it there. I don't know the limit of it though and really don't want to roll it on a RTI!!! The rear suspension isn't fully flexed in that picture above.

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #7347
sirhk100

Speaking of axles... Here's what's going in the race truck...

If you've ever seen the "Ubber FJ", this is the housing that was in the rear of it. Currie Extreme housing with 1/4" thick tubes. I'll be cutting all the brackets off it and doing a full truss on it and adding a disc brake setup. Currie 35 spline axles and toyota 6 lug pattern.

And we picked up this goodie... Strange nodular case, 35 spline spool, 6.0 gears. I've got the 3rd already and will be picking up the housing from the SDHQ guys at the mint race if they don't swing by the house on the way thru town.

Unread 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #7348
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I really do like that bumper. I don't know what it is that makes me like it. I just do. Keep it up man.
Any ball park on what you charge? Shoot me a pm.
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #7349
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dude I just read that whole thread, it was awesome. someone even transferred it to jalopnk

http://jalopnik.com/5893016/if-you-s...our-***-kicked
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #7350
sirhk100

LOL, my coworker sent me the jalopnik link just after I posted it here. Kinda funny! Such a kickass story! They've got the mug shots posted up and everything in that thread on RDC now even.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.