Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 489 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #7321
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just read that the body at red rock was a positive id of ron Kirk. At least the family has some closure. Peeps need to be careful out there, one loose foot and it can end bad.

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #7322
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Just read that the body at red rock was a positive id of ron Kirk. At least the family has some closure. Peeps need to be careful out there, one loose foot and it can end bad.
Looks like in that situation it did. It's a long fall from the top of Turtlehead.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #7323
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Very cool!
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #7324
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Spent the last couple days getting into mines again. Cool stuff in there. I'll post them up another time when I'm bored.

Something I do almost every day is look at old pictures to help with my memory issues. Here is a picture I came across taken along Rocky Gap on November 27, 2010. I didn't know anyone here yet. Is it one of you?

I was up on a mountainside when he passed heading up.
nov272010.jpg  
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #7325
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Forgot to post the stupid truck build of the day. A full size Dodge Ram diesel rally build. Front fender flares go right into the stock front bumper with a ton of lights protruding out front and complete with fake beadlocks. I notice that a lot of people do that to their trucks around here that wouldn't be able to do anything those parts are made for like it's a style or something. I saw a new Tundra the other day with only the front fender flares and it looked incredibly stupid.
0313121456.jpg  
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #7326
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Forgot to post the stupid truck build of the day. A full size Dodge Ram diesel rally build. Front fender flares go right into the stock front bumper with a ton of lights protruding out front and complete with fake beadlocks. I notice that a lot of people do that to their trucks around here that wouldn't be able to do anything those parts are made for like it's a style or something. I saw a new Tundra the other day with only the front fender flares and it looked incredibly stupid.
Wannabe chase truck I presume!

On another hand....anybody want a bumper? Here's one I am working on for my truck....ya ya ya, It's a Toyota!

Unread 03-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #7327
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
hahahaha you heartless monster!

I saw this stupid squirrel get hit by a car and it flattened its rump but it was still crawling with it's front legs. I got the axe handle out of my pick up and cracked it on the head. It's eyeballs came out. You have to do what's right.

So I scraped it up and made a stew out of it at home.
You are deeply disturbed- and I love it.

This page is a trip!
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #7328
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FameFab

On another hand....anybody want a bumper? Here's one I am working on for my truck....ya ya ya, It's a Toyota!
I could use one like that on my rig. I also need sliders.
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #7329
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

For adoption: both dogs to someone with time to appreciate and be good master to. I simply do not have the time they require. Between work, house projects, baby(soon to be babies) and other obligations, I cannot provide the time they need to be happy. I regretfully offer them to someone who will care for them and be good to them. They are well mannered and behaved around people. The Shepard is good in a car, but the retriever pukes. Pm if interested, and sorry for spamming this thread, but I know most of you are good people...the ones who aren't know who they are
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #7330
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, here's the pic
image-4156186036.jpg  
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #7331
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could help you with your dogs. We have three we have rescued and they are a handful. Maybe Polka could take them since his pig is gone.

On another note... I'm an idiot. Replaced right side axle seal in the front axle this afternoon. As I was sitting here on the couch at about 10:30, I remembered I never torqued the bearing caps. Many curses came from my mouth. Just got done removing the cover and taking care of it. Wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have the ox locker cable to fight with. I swear it's like wrestling an alligator. Well it's like I would imagine wrestling an alligator would be cuz I've never wrestled an alligator. And stuff.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #7332
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dog are very hard to handle with newborns, so I feel your pain.

Our kids are finally getting old enough to play with the dogs and they both like to hold the leash when we take them on walks. But the dogs fully understand that the kids are a great food source, which is totally annoying. Nothing like you daughter feeding the dog the snacks that you just gave them, then standing there crying because she does not have any more left.
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #7333
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FameFab

I really do like that bumper. I don't know what it is that makes me like it. I just do. Keep it up man.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #7334
FameFab
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

I really do like that bumper. I don't know what it is that makes me like it. I just do. Keep it up man.
Thanks!
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #7335
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I guess to each his own. I doubt you would tell BJ Baldwin his Dodge daily driver was a stupid truck? I had the same Carli suspension on my Dodge before I sold it and yes I used the truck. I understand that some if not most are posers. Im providing the pit for Trophy Truck #53 at the Mint 400 next week. Here is the tow rig and the TT....funny thing is, as pretty as the tow rig is (2011 Dodge 3500 Diesel), it serves it's duty as prerunner too and Fully Gets It!

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.