Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 486 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #7276
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Way to go doc! Way to diffuse a situation and keep it from getting nasty for everyone! Good job keeping your cool. Peeps is retarded, yo!

Unread 03-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #7277
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep
We need to have a top swap weekend drive around to everyone house and help each other take the hard tops off and put the soft tops on....oh and dont worry doc I have a sawzall tarp and some twine to do yours
I LOVE this idea!!!
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #7278
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody wanna hit up logandale on the 25th of march? preferably early.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #7279
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

good story doc. While I do get worked up a few times for road rage, I am not a very confrontational person. The most that I do is get a little close then ghost someone, blocking them in their lane for a while. Sometimes I will just repay the favor to them.

A few years back I was going down 58 in VA with my now wife. She was in her mustang GT and I was in my GTI. We were both on our way down to Tyndall AFB for a tdy, I was packing, and we both had walkie talkies. Needless to say we where cruising around 65 in a 55 when two db's came up @ around 100mph in a ford taurus and almost rear ended my wife while we where passing some trucks. She got all scared, I just told her to stay in her lane. once we cleared the trucks I got over in the slow lane (2 lanes west bound) and left just enough room for them to get by. Once they got in my lane I slowed down, then they got in her lane so I sped up. We did this for a good 15 miles. These two ******s where getting so mad.

There was one spot through some rolling hills that I knew cops always liked to hang out and catch speeders right before you got to I-95, so I let them go and they sped off. Sucked though because there where no cops that time. But once we got to one of the stop lights in town, the dude flipped me off. So we kindly got in front of them again. the 95 onramp was a cloverleaf design with a very small straight section to get up to speed before the next off ramp . Traffic was moving @ around 80mph so with a GTI and rustang GT we hit the onramp at 15mph and did not accelerate until the last minute to merge into traffic. The last I saw was the taurus not making the onramp and and sliding down the muddy grass because he could not get up to speed and was going to fast to make the off ramp.

the moral of the story, some people do not get mad when you are an arse, they just give you payback nice and slow and enjoy every minute of it
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #7280
sirhk100

Like I said, WYT HOT is the only time in memory I can remember a person actually pissing me off! The fact he forced me into the median when there was not another single vehicle on the freeway... It was completely intentional or the guy is just that much of an a s shole. I'm just glad his license plate is so easy to remember! I'll make sure to leave a note...

Other then WYT HOT if I know someone is pissed at me or driving like a ****** similar to the above I'll just go out of my way to annoy them even more and have my fun with it. I'm never in enough of a hurry to care...

So the parents roll into town today! House projects begin! Figures too that my non-existent roomie that has basically paid me for storage for the last 5 months has a blow up with her dude she's been shacked up with over the weekend and moves back into the house while the bathroom is still in pieces. LOL Sharing a bathroom is kinda odd cause it's been a long time since I have!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #7281
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry for destroying you're bathroom. it was a necessary evil to get to Teh leak.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #7282
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Like I said, WYT HOT is the only time in memory I can remember a person actually pissing me off! The fact he forced me into the median when there was not another single vehicle on the freeway... It was completely intentional or the guy is just that much of an a s shole. I'm just glad his license plate is so easy to remember! I'll make sure to leave a note...

Other then WYT HOT if I know someone is pissed at me or driving like a ****** similar to the above I'll just go out of my way to annoy them even more and have my fun with it. I'm never in enough of a hurry to care...

So the parents roll into town today! House projects begin! Figures too that my non-existent roomie that has basically paid me for storage for the last 5 months has a blow up with her dude she's been shacked up with over the weekend and moves back into the house while the bathroom is still in pieces. LOL Sharing a bathroom is kinda odd cause it's been a long time since I have!
I used to scree with people (purposely not letting them pass, brake checks, etc) but obviously you never know when you'll get some.psycho like I did...or somebody even crazier that would actually raise a hand or a bat or something.

Obviously I'm not just going to run away and avoid the guy but you never know how crazy they are. I stool my ground and stayed calm and just walked off.

I don't want to sound like some tough Guy but like I said...had he made one wrong motion or had he actually threatened me to my face (threats were on the voicemail that I didn't hear until after) he probably would have had the opportunity to inspect the business end of my .45

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #7283
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You should have just called the police.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #7284
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've had people literally try to kill me and I didn't take it that personally. Seriously, dudes. Unless there was contact made, no need to keep yourself angry for miles and minutes.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #7285
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Sorry for destroying you're bathroom. it was a necessary evil to get to Teh leak.
Not an issue at all. The drywall that is cut out right now is MINIMAL to what it's going to look like probably by this weekend trust me! Put it this way, at some point in the next couple days, the wood frame inside the walls all the way around the shower is probably going to be visible and I'm also most likely going to be replacing that entire area around where the leak was also while we're at it. The bathroom is going to look substantially different then it did a couple weeks ago very soon.

Funny, I just stumbled on this picture... This is the backside of the wall we were staring at a few years back. (Master bath) LOL

And since pucks the only one that's been in my shower!!!

Here's what that hole turned into...

Here's another good one... This is before and afters taken from the same spot basically...

Yes, the wall disappeared!!!

The water leak I was dealing with was behind the wall directly behind that vanity.

Sexy 70's style!!!

And to cap it off, here's my 2 favorite before and afters of the house. Me and my parents did the whole remodel. My uncle did all the wood work...

And the kitchen area. Yes, I'm a single dude, who needs a fricken dining room table???

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #7286
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
You should have just called the police.
Had he actually followed me to the store I wouldn't have gotten out of my truck and would have called. I didn't know he was there until I walked out the door.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #7287
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I've had people literally try to kill me and I didn't take it that personally. Seriously, dudes. Unless there was contact made, no need to keep yourself angry for miles and minutes.
I'm not angry at all. My life is no different then it was a week ago. But if you're going to virtually force someone into a wall at 60mph rather then simply changing lanes like anyone else would've done and you're dumb enough to have a easily remembered custom plate on a very easy to spot again vehicle, then I'll go ahead and chock that one up in the memory bank for down the line in case the opportunity ever presents itself. If the dude had been driving a white honda accord with a generic plate he'd have been long forgotten but just as I remember the badass grey F150 prerunner with the linked rear suspension and sweet aluminum tin work in the bed that I see occasionally around my work cause it stands out, I will now also remember the white standard cab dodge with the matching shell, large as blinged out dub rims and a badass license plate. LOL simple as that...

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #7288
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Surriusly right? Like that guy has never accidently cut somebody off before or done anything stupid in traffic ever in his whole life.

Quote:

Unread 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #7289
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
I don't think it's funny that your beloved piglet died after three weeks... But I do think it's funny that you drove all the way to Henderson to have it cremated. I'd have done it and saved you the 60 mile roundtrip.
Trust me I am laughing too. This is the last thing I would have thought when I picked that little sucker up from the pound. I was entertaining a custom job on this as well but it made the wife happy.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #7290
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Wait, you actually had it cremated? How long did you have that? I always thought guinea pigs were disposable like fish. Harder to flush, but same type funeral.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.