Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 485 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #7261
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I know we have a plumber on here but does anyone do electrical? I got an eye on a welder and would need 220 put into the garage. PM ME

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #7262
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
I know we have a plumber on here but does anyone do electrical? I got an eye on a welder and would need 220 put into the garage. PM ME
Just take two extension cords, cut the female male ends off an install a 220 female plug on it and then plug into two seperate outlets and your good...the ghetto way!(can't use racial slur here)
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #7263
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Don't laugh but I just got back from Henderson dropping our piggy off for cremation. lol
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #7264
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Don't laugh but I just got back from Henderson dropping our piggy off for cremation. lol
Is that the thing u got like a week ago?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #7265
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Pm sent
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #7266
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How much are you in to that thing for? You looking for a dog as a replacement? You could probably have bought one of ysb's cases of pigs for as much as it has cost you? Sorry....I'm done!
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #7267
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just got home. Not feeling well now, but today was a good day.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #7268
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Almost hit this idiot pulling into a parking spot the other day.
Some guy thought I stole a spot he was waiting for at Walmart last week after out mountain trip. He was even going the wrong direction. I was there first, signal on, so I took the space.

He laid on his horn and started yelling. I stepped out, made eye contact, he took a second to look at me and took off. He left the parking lot. I guess he didn't need anything at Walmart.

When my wife got out, she said, "You gonna put that away?".

When we're in the mountains, I open carry.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #7269
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
How much are you in to that thing for? You looking for a dog as a replacement? You could probably have bought one of ysb's cases of pigs for as much as it has cost you? Sorry....I'm done!
No thanks. I am sticking to fish. I am in the clear now as long as it doesn't rise from the dead.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #7270
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasvjeep View Post
We need to have a top swap weekend drive around to everyone house and help each other take the hard tops off and put the soft tops on....oh and dont worry doc I have a sawzall tarp and some twine to do yours

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #7271
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

No thanks. I am sticking to fish. I am in the clear now as long as it doesn't rise from the dead.
Warning this story may seem heartless for animal lovers.

The first summer I was back in town I was driving east on lake mead just past the best in the west shopping center when I saw this guy nail a ladies little Lhasa apso in his civic. The guys drives off as the lady is dragging her little dying dog by the leash to the side of the road. I once had aspirations to become a vet and had worked as a vet tech for 5 yrs so I stopped and took a look at her dog. It was clearly going to dye as its intestines had been forced out of its abdominal cavity. I told the lady her dog was dying and it would be best not make it suffer. I did not have my knife so I strangled it to death on the side of the road. Then I noticed a group of young preteen girls were watching as I ended its life. Yet another bunch of girls I've emotionally scarred.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #7272
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Warning this story may seem heartless for animal lovers.

The first summer I was back in town I was driving east on lake mead just past the best in the west shopping center when I saw this guy nail a ladies little Lhasa apso in his civic. The guys drives off as the lady is dragging her little dying dog by the leash to the side of the road. I once had aspirations to become a vet and had worked as a vet tech for 5 yrs so I stopped and took a look at her dog. It was clearly going to dye as its intestines had been forced out of its abdominal cavity. I told the lady her dog was dying and it would be best not make it suffer. I did not have my knife so I strangled it to death on the side of the road. Then I noticed a group of young preteen girls were watching as I ended its life. Yet another bunch of girls I've emotionally scarred.
hahahaha you heartless monster!

I saw this stupid squirrel get hit by a car and it flattened its rump but it was still crawling with it's front legs. I got the axe handle out of my pick up and cracked it on the head. It's eyeballs came out. You have to do what's right.

So I scraped it up and made a stew out of it at home.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #7273
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Details about your tank!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #7274
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think it's funny that your beloved piglet died after three weeks... But I do think it's funny that you drove all the way to Henderson to have it cremated. I'd have done it and saved you the 60 mile roundtrip.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #7275
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Some guy thought I stole a spot he was waiting for at Walmart last week after out mountain trip. He was even going the wrong direction. I was there first, signal on, so I took the space.

He laid on his horn and started yelling. I stepped out, made eye contact, he took a second to look at me and took off. He left the parking lot. I guess he didn't need anything at Walmart.

When my wife got out, she said, "You gonna put that away?".

When we're in the mountains, I open carry.
I was coming home from work on friday, traffic was stopped at the spaghetti bowl and i slid over into the left lane in front of some big older chevy dually. Guy lays on his horn and i kept driving like normal, it wasnt like he locked up his brakes or anything. I figured whatever waved and kept driving.

Fool come sup next to me in the left brake down lane while im doing 70 trying to get next to me, well after the spaghetti bowl, i just kept driving and didn't even look at him. he kept riding real close behind me until i moved over a lane to get off at trop, and he passed me. turns out he got off at trop too apparently, but was ahead of me at the on ramp. mind you this is a good 5 or 8 minutes after the incident. He saw me and waited for me to go past him in the other lane. I kept ignoring him, i hadnt even seen the guys face at this point.

I dont play into the whole road rage bull****, it just makes everybody even more mad, i just ignor it and drive on.

He lets me pass him on trop apparently trying to make a point, and floors it and stays next to me, again, im not looking at him or anything which apparently pissed him off even more.

He eventually turned off trop, and i went another block or so and pulled into The Gun Store (I needed some slip2000, and knew they stock it).

After a good 5 or 10 minutes in the store, i come out, and guess what? The fool's truck is sitting there in the parking lot with the door open, and i assume hes waiting for me. I walked past like normal and hear "HEY BUDDY!"

I turned around and said "excuse me"

"what the **** do you think you're doing buddy!? You ****ing *******! Who the **** do you think you are driving like that? You coulda ****ing killed me, you came this ****ing close to my truck *******! What the **** is your problem!"

I said "excuse me? I dont even know who you are?!"

"bull**** you don't know who i am I've been following you for 20 minutes! You ****ing cut me off on the highway back there you ****ing *******! You know that?!"

I just kinda looked at him, he kept trying to get in my face...I kept taking a step back, all the while my hand was resting on my "hip" and i was keeping my strong side away from him.

"Yeah you ****ing *******! youir truck came this close!" and he runs over to my truck and is like measuring the sides with his hands "this ****ing thing aint easy to stop buddy! That aint ****ing driving! That aint driving! I called your ****ing boss buddy you cant ****ing drive like that you *******!"

I let him stop for a second and just said "uh, okay, i'm sorry if you think i cut you off?" and he just kind of looked at me and went off yelling in my face again and stepping up to me.

I said it again all matter of fact "Uh, i just apologized if you think i cut you off, what do you want me to do? I just said "sorry" what else do you want? Like....uh? what?" and he just kinda stared at me and started talking again so i just turned around and walked to my truck and got in and drove off. I think he realized he was being stupid when i simply wasnt getting into a fight with him and just walked off.

He was across the intersection from me, going the other direction and he floored it and was flipping me off as he drove.

So i called my office manager and asked him if he got a call, and he said he had a missed call. He listened to it and called me back and played it voer the phone for me, this guy was insane.

"I'm on the ****ing highway, behind your ****ing DRIVER and he just ****ing cut me off and tried to run me off the ****ing road the ****ing *******! I tell you what, im gonna follow this ******* to a parking lot and kick his ****ing ***! he cant ****ing drive like that! i'm gonna follow him and kick his ***!!!" the message seriously went on for like 90 seconds, saying how hes going to follow me off the highway and beat me down.

Literally 10 minutes after i waled away from him he called my office and my guy answered the phone because he recognized the number and this psycho was just all "yeah im sorry i left that message and im sorry i was so rude, all i wanted was an apology and he apologized and i'm sorry, thanks"

What a freakin psycho. First off, let it go, like you've never accidentally cut somebody off? and i didn't even do anything crazy! he didnt have to slam on his brakes or swerve even, not that im saying there were 3 car lengths between us but jeebus guy, its traffic, in vegas.

Second, you left and went home then came back and looked for my truck? are you serious? And then you saw it parked AT A GUN STORE and still confronted me in the parking lot?

Jeebus, nut job. Thank god i kept my cool. Last thing i needed was to explain to cops, or the folks in the gun store why i was waving my heater around. the fool didn't even realize i dont think. I was 100% concealed and like i said, just kept my strong side away from him and had my hand resting on it the whole time. had he lifted a hand above his waist i'd probably have had some minor explaining to do. Had he reached in the back of his truck and grabbed a bat or a board or some thing i'd have ad ALOT of explaining to do.

Anyway, moral of the story is that people talk big, and people are nuts. how dumb are you to assume that somebody isnt MORE crazy than you, and that that somebody isnt packing some heat?! Thats the closest i've ever come to drwaing on somebody, but obviously he was just looking for a fight and realized he wasn't dealing with somebody who was just going to give it back.

All part of the responsibility of carrying i guess, you cant just go getting in fights, pretty much need to do everything you can to avoid some petty bull**** escalating into a fight.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.