Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 482 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #7216
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Where is the link to that story? At least the family will have a little bit of solace now.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #7217
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Saw it on fox news at 1000
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #7218
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It is very likely it is Ron, but not yet confirmed. The Jeep keys also have not been confirmed as his, but again very likely.

He was found on the southwest side of Turtlehead peak area.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #7219
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

that sucks for him and his family. Most of the stuff that you see about missing adults normally turns out bad, esp if it has been more than a week. I remember that guy a few years back that was supposed to be headed to death valley and went through some mountains for camping and they found his body a few hundred yards from his jeep which was stuck.
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #7220
sirhk100

News on am radio this morning made it sound like the keys were for his ride...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #7221
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/....cspx?rss=3269
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #7222
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That article Was misinformation. Darrel never said they were his keys, just that jeep keys were found.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #7223
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

so sad that you never realize just how much you use your cell phone until it breaks. And of course it breaks on the weekend and they cannot ship you a new one out until Monday. Good thing the new phone will be free!!!

Anyone have any trails planned for this weekend?
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #7224
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I took my wife this weekend to got get an iPhone. Dang thing won't connect to the wireless network. After 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with tech support they said it doesn't have a chip that allows it to connect. So we have to wait for them to send her a phone in the mail because Verizon doesn't do in store returns. I hate dealing with cell companies, they all suck.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #7225
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I took my wife this weekend to got get an iPhone. Dang thing won't connect to the wireless network. After 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with tech support they said it doesn't have a chip that allows it to connect. So we have to wait for them to send her a phone in the mail because Verizon doesn't do in store returns. I hate dealing with cell companies, they all suck.
I agree on that. No matter how great everyone thinks these phones are, they are really a huge PITA in disguise. We still have our cheepy straight talk phones we got at wally world. No frills but they work pretty good for 30 bucks per month.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #7226
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

my smart phone paid for itself a few times over the first week we had it. We were buying some furniture from JCpenny and I looked online and almost every piece was at least $100 cheaper online with free shipping. The matched those prices and then some. The barcode scanner works great too for comparison shopping too.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #7227
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I agree on that. No matter how great everyone thinks these phones are, they are really a huge PITA in disguise. We still have our cheepy straight talk phones we got at wally world. No frills but they work pretty good for 30 bucks per month.
I love my iPhone it's practically attached to the end of my arm
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #7228
smiiile
2012 LJ Wrangler 

Back from the triathlon - going to put my soft top on today hoping to make this feel more like a jeep and less like a soccer mom's car
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #7229
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiiile View Post
going to put my soft top on today hoping to make this feel more like a jeep and less like a soccer mom's car
GOOD LUCK!!! Totally screwing with you!!! I can't wait to get the hard top off mine probably this next weekend since my parents will be around to help me lift it off...

I have absolutely no urge to go to the smart phone crap! Mine texts and talks fine. Sometimes I wish the camera on it was better but that's really about it...

There's about one time a month I wish I had a smart phone but it's not enough to justify the price and pita factor that comes with them!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #7230
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I got a text from someone I didn't know yesterday evening thanking us for searching. I think they got my name off some list.

I'm curious as to the circumstances. Other than drops, there aren't many hazards around Turtle Peak. No real places to conceal a body. Certainly that area has been looked over a few times. I never looked around there. I concentrated around the lower level slots where I thought a body could get trapped or covered.

The searches did bring together some great people. I met quite a few that I'll probably see again the next time someone is missing. Hopefully, that story will have a happier ending.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.